Clearly Feral was OP (numbers)

85 Tauren Druid
bye bye feral. Hmmmmm what is there to do? oh hello mage. ready to level to 85? i think so! :D
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
01/17/2011 12:59 AMPosted by Covaz
You do know that druids are the 2nd most played class in the game?

Man, oh man. When did this happen? I remember when you couldn't find a druid if you looked for one. Now, I log on and all I see are bird formed druids flying all over Orgrimmar.
Reply Quote
Congrats on taking a small sample size to work with.

Given the magnitude of the effect, the sample size is plenty big enough. If frost mages had 10%, or 50%, or hell, even "only" 100% more representation in top-50 teams than feral druids, then you might have a point. But 400% is 400%.

Oh, buff everything below Feral because obviously they're underpowered.

I'd settle for not nerfing them. Buffs are too much to hope for.
Edited by Cirocco on 1/18/2011 7:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
IMO resilience and stamina is taking care of ferals all by itself. They keep falling in power each week. Nerfs do not make sense.
Reply Quote
01/18/2011 7:21 AMPosted by Cloudtalker
You do know that druids are the 2nd most played class in the game?

Man, oh man. When did this happen? I remember when you couldn't find a druid if you looked for one. Now, I log on and all I see are bird formed druids flying all over Orgrimmar.

Druids have been among the most-played classes since late BC, according to wow-census.
Reply Quote
01/18/2011 7:29 AMPosted by Pvpee
Because all classes and specs are equally represented in the arena.

Plenty of resto druids in arena. Disparity of specs is exactly the point of the thread, although I realize that probably isn't clear to the slower people.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
01/18/2011 7:26 AMPosted by Cirocco
Druids have been among the most-played classes since late BC, according to wow-census.

I just started playing this guy again simply because all of our guilds healers bailed at Cata launch. When I rolled him way back in the day, you couldn't find a druid.

Never realized they were so popular, always thought they were sort of a gimmicky class that most people didn't cater to. And now, rogues have fallen off of the map on our server.

What has the world come to? :P

Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I think the OPs numbers say a lot and feral requires no nerf. 3v3 is the arena comp that most matters for pvp.

Edit to the above post: the top players play whatever class/comp they think they can do well with. If feral was OP in 3v3 there would be a lot more in the top ranks. Keep in mind that this is not vanila WoW and most top players could bring up a number of classes to 85 very quickly (have several alts).

Edited by Phegnomenon on 1/18/2011 7:46 AM PST
Reply Quote

Plenty of resto druids in arena. Disparity of specs is exactly the point of the thread, although I realize that probably isn't clear to the slower people.

umm the point is that there arent many ferals at the top because there aren't many ferals in the game. They're still OP whether you like it or not and deserve the nerf to come.

Feral is the most popular druid spec. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Ferals are underrepresented in PvP because feral isn't a good PvP spec. It's never been overpowered and it isn't now.

There's 1 elemental shaman on the list. Are you going to claim ele is an unpopular shaman spec next? That there are more enhancement shamans than elemental ones? LOL. I know you don't like it because it means you got your butt handed to you without the excuse of your enemy being "OP", but top-level arena representation is in fact a very good indicator of a spec's potential in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The OP has clearly forgotten that he is using LOGIC and FACTS to present his argument. Such an approach has never worked on this planet before and is unlikely to begin doing so anytime soon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]