Guild Rep is 100% Stupid.

(Locked)

90 Worgen Mage
Thank you, Blizz. I thoroughly enjoy your design of using an arbitrary number to dictate what I can and cannot have in a guild I have been for months. It makes absolutely no sense that the only way to build my rep up with a guild is to go around farming quests/dailies. that are 100% worthless for me outside of building my guild rep. That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen implemented in wow currently. It's understandable you didn't want people to join a guild and instantly obtain all the associated perks of that guild, and if that is the case, then the perks should have been based on time spent as a guild member. Not time spent doing dumb, absolutely useless quests.

For those of you who are going to bring up Arenas, Rated Bgs, etc. No. I have done countless Tol Barads, countless arenas in both 2s and 3s, and countless bgs and at least 15 dungeons/heroics and I'm 1700 through neutral. There is absolutely no excuse for such an abysmal rep gain. We are a PvP guild. We shouldn't have to be PvEing, and pointless PvE at that, so we can enjoy guild perks. Period.
74 Human Priest
The one thing I find stupid above all else is that I can't use my personal guild bank among my multiple mules, except for the one character I made its Leader.
90 Worgen Mage
Wow, I didn't even know that happened. Yeah, that's bogus as well.
85 Worgen Rogue
I have toons that have been in my guild since year 2, I've been playing the game since year 1.

Getting no headstart at all is rather ridiculous.

Also, it needs to be made accountwide. If I work my butt off for the guild and get to exalted, my next alt shouldn't have to come in on the ground floor.
85 Night Elf Rogue
I personally wish that they had done the limit differently.

Instead of a weekly limit, a max amount that goes up every week.
So, instead of a max amount of 3500 rep a week, the total you can have increases by 3500 per week.

This way, if you miss a weekend of rep because of whatever (such as a PvP weekend), you can catch up instead of always being a week behind everyone else.

Edit: Agree with the account wide.
Depending on how they handle it, they might have to wait until after Exalted is possible with guilds before making this change. If all your guild alts have their rep added to your main, then people might be able to pass the cap (ie one character capped and others with anything at all).
Unless, of course, they make it add, but still enforce the limit by not allowing you to go above the limit, whatever that may be at that point.
Edited by Gehengeist on 1/17/2011 2:32 AM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
Thumbs up for account wide.

I have several alts, and i hate the fact that i need to spend all that time raising up my guild rep. with alts :S
85 Orc Death Knight
To OP you say you spend a lot of time in tol barad then doing dailies should earn you lots of guild rep and before you say your in a pvp guild why do dailies, you can get pvp stuff there too. I don't think there is a guild perk above revered and most are just honored, so it's not that hard
85 Undead Warrior
Rep comes from doing things that reward guild XP. Things like quests, daily quests, and guild groups for things like normal and heroic dungeons, raids, and rated BG's. You aren't limited to quests by any means. Also worth pointing out is that, if you've only just begun to collect rep in the last week or three, rep has a weekly cap. Guild rep doesn't have enormohuge ramifications. It's something you shouldn't sweat to much. If you do things with your guild, it will come. :]

01/17/2011 2:08 AMPosted by Loversdeath
The one thing I find stupid above all else is that I can't use my personal guild bank among my multiple mules, except for the one character I made its Leader.
Are you referring to the mobile banking perk? That's... really not a huge deal. I mean, if we're dealing with mules here, I'm assuming they're characters you leave in capital cities. Right next to the AH, bank and mailbox.
85 Tauren Priest
I think guild rep should be administered by the GM.
I.E if you show up for a guild event you will get guild rep and so on...
85 Dwarf Priest
01/17/2011 3:43 AMPosted by Beefymedic
I think guild rep should be administered by the GM.
I.E if you show up for a guild event you will get guild rep and so on...

The problem is, it's in the guildmaster's interest to make the guild levelling up as fast as possible. So, it would be very exploitable.
90 Worgen Mage
01/17/2011 3:37 AMPosted by Shaelis
Rep comes from doing things that reward guild XP. Things like quests, daily quests, and guild groups for things like normal and heroic dungeons, raids, and rated BG's. You aren't limited to quests by any means. Also worth pointing out is that, if you've only just begun to collect rep in the last week or three, rep has a weekly cap. Guild rep doesn't have enormohuge ramifications. It's something you shouldn't sweat to much. If you do things with your guild, it will come. :]

Are you referring to the mobile banking perk? That's... really not a huge deal. I mean, if we're dealing with mules here, I'm assuming they're characters you leave in capital cities. Right next to the AH, bank and mailbox.

Like I said before, you are limited to doing nothing but quests. Period. I've played hundreds of arena matches, hundreds of Bgs, 15 or so Random Dungeons/Heroics, and I don't even know how many Tol barads. The result? 1700 through neutral. So, yes, you HAVE to do worthless quests or you will get nowhere.
90 Draenei Hunter
Totally agree with the account wide rep idea - most people have many alts in a guild.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It needs to be account wide, if anything. And wearing your guild tabard should provide bonus rep for dungeons too.
85 Undead Rogue
If it were made account-wide, what happens if you have multiple toons in different guilds (on the same, or a different, server)?
90 Tauren Warrior
01/17/2011 10:14 AMPosted by Worgandonor

Like I said before, you are limited to doing nothing but quests. Period. I've played hundreds of arena matches, hundreds of Bgs, 15 or so Random Dungeons/Heroics, and I don't even know how many Tol barads. The result? 1700 through neutral. So, yes, you HAVE to do worthless quests or you will get nowhere.

Try doing random heroics with a guild group (4 members)... and see what magically happens when you down a boss.

Yeah, i know, it's hard to understand the mechanic of doing things with guildies to get guild rep.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]