Guild Rep is 100% Stupid.

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Druid
Rawr.
Edited by Proudlol on 1/21/2011 12:10 AM PST
60 Orc Hunter
Some of the things I find very unfair about the guild rep system are the following:

1. Guild rep is too skewed to high level players. My level 19 does the daily fishing and cooking quests in SW and gets, at most, 1 guild rep per quest. My level 60 does the same quests and gets 5 or 6 guild rep per quest. I've read it's even more guild rep per daily quest at 85.

That makes no sense. The quests are actually harder at low levels because high level characters have mounts and aren't one shot by the level 85 Bluetip Threshers in SW harbor.

- Low level players should get more reasonable guild rep from quests. Daily quests done by both high and low level players should give the same guild rep for all levels.

- At the very least every quest, even gray quests, should give at least 1 guild rep per quest. Many gray quests give zero guild rep.

2. A lot of the guild perks seem to require no guild rep so a player who joins and contributes nothing to guild leveling gets instant rewards. Players who contribute nothing get more guild perks than players in small guilds who contribute much more to guild leveling, but can't level their guild as fast.

3. Guild rep is not rewarded for BGs at low levels, just rated BGs and arenas. That is contradictory because you can get substantial guild rep from solo questing. Players who like to level via BGs are at a disadvantage compared to players who like to level via questing.
85 Draenei Death Knight
I'm sorry to have to ask but are you even reading what people are writing? I'll link your point and the counterpoint I already gave in the previous post, here goes:

This is still not addressing the point that if I don't like how things are going, and I decide to start a new guild, even if I get 9 of the other people to leave with me, and we start up and we are the most kick butt guild ever, people are joining left and right, we go 12/12 the first night we raid, and we start at square one with our rep. All of that rep we've been working on the last however long with the old guild is gone. Poof. No more. All of that work and time down the tubes.

and my response before you even posted that:

After all, who cares if you get that lion mount a month or two after your last guild? You can't even mount in raids, so it doesn't even matter, you're literally only really going to use it to sit in the SW AH/Bank square to show it off if you don't do dailies... even PVP only uses them between objectives.

The rewards you get from guild rep AREN'T THAT IMPORTANT, the best of them is 10% money to gbank and 8% durability loss on a death rather than 10%. If you have a big guild then the 10% gold to guild bank adds up, but if you're in a small guild, like everyone is complaining about, you're not going to get that much anyway, so it doesn't matter. Other than that what? Mounts, who cares, you said yourself, it's not the gear that matters. The 15 minute lesser hearth? You said you don't like grinding pointless dailies, so why are you even leaving town at 85? There is nothing you NEED from guild rewards, they are just a little icing on the proverbial cake, you should be concerned with downing those 12/12 bosses, not if you can mass rez once every hour when you wipe on 7/12 because that healer stood in the fire again.
85 Draenei Death Knight
01/21/2011 12:12 AMPosted by Twixnstix
Oh. It's interesting to see that the majority is a druid, what with the nerfs, I'd think if the designers wanted to cater to you specifically they would buff you instead of nerf you. Unless of course, you are not actually the majority, and just want to think that the way you play is the way everyone wants to play.

Funny how blizzard keeps getting more players despite doing the things you are complaining about... seems like maybe they are on to something...
85 Draenei Death Knight
01/21/2011 12:17 AMPosted by Twixnstix
If it isn't relevant, then why does it exist at all?

Again, I don't think you're reading my posts, ahem:

01/21/2011 12:14 AMPosted by Manaduvortes
they are just a little icing on the proverbial cake,

Technically titles don't have a relevance, but they exist and people like them, but they aren't necessary, the optional stuff in WoW is part of what makes it awesome. If you want cool rewards for minimal effort that you can do alone, go grind out netherwing ledge rep, it's not hard anymore and only takes a week or so. Cool quests there too.
85 Draenei Death Knight
I thought this guy was trolling at first... I'll play along.

01/21/2011 12:14 AMPosted by Wildling
1. Guild rep is too skewed to high level players. My level 19 does the daily fishing and cooking quests in SW and gets, at most, 1 guild rep per quest. My level 60 does the same quests and gets 5 or 6 guild rep per quest. I've read it's even more guild rep per daily quest at 85.

Rep rewards and such are for max level characters, even heirlooms are meant to be earned by 85s and given to alts, you shouldn't be getting the rewards early, that's pointless.

01/21/2011 12:14 AMPosted by Wildling
2. A lot of the guild perks seem to require no guild rep so a player who joins and contributes nothing to guild leveling gets instant rewards. Players who contribute nothing get more guild perks than players in small guilds who contribute much more to guild leveling, but can't level their guild as fast.

Erm, perks don't generally require rep, that's what rewards are based on, not perks.

3. Guild rep is not rewarded for BGs at low levels, just rated BGs and arenas. That is contradictory because you can get substantial guild rep from solo questing. Players who like to level via BGs are at a disadvantage compared to players who like to level via questing.

Again, rep isn't for low level characters, and it was never meant to be, I've never even heard someone make your point before, I think you might be one of the only people in WoW complaining that they aren't adding more stuff for low level characters.

By your logic they should be coming out with more level 60 raids too. There is no point.
85 Night Elf Druid
If it isn't relevant, then why does it exist at all?

Just report him, he is doing nothing but skimming our posts and then making irrational statements in hope to arouse our inner dragon. I mean, I clearly quoted and said it was a quote from Ghostcrawler himself stating that this game is designed for the MM of MMORPG. (Mass Multiplayer)

He is a typical troll.
Edited by Proudlol on 1/21/2011 12:27 AM PST
85 Draenei Death Knight
01/21/2011 12:26 AMPosted by Proudlol

Just report him, he is doing nothing but skimming our posts and then making irrational statements in hope to arouse our inner dragon. I mean, I clearly quoted and said it was a quote from Ghostcrawler himself stating that this game is designed for the MM of MMORPG. (Mass Multiplayer)

He is a typical troll.

I very rarely report people, and when I do, I don't talk about it, I don't think it's something that should be publicly talked about. Just gives people more to yell about.

I have thought about it though, and if I thought it needed to be done, it was done.

Not saying I did though.
85 Draenei Death Knight
01/21/2011 12:30 AMPosted by Twixnstix
Clearly. I'm the minority, I'm just a troll. I'm sorry I'm not the majority like you are. I have replied to the relevant parts of your posts. If you don't like the truth, maybe you should stop posting?

Whether I think you're trolling or not, you aren't participating in constructive debate, you're placing yourself in the radical minority by only making rigged comments and commenting on points you think are easily disputed. When we post or reference something blizzard or a particular blue post has said, you don't even comment, you and a certain other poster just spent hours insulting others and belittling not only their opinions but their personalities and lives with little to no knowledge of what you're talking about. You have no ground to stand on and I should have stopped responding to you long ago. Doing that now though.

Good day sir/ma'am.

@Proudlol, I like you, I wish there were more people like you, even if they disagreed with my views because you can GET SOMEWHERE talking to them.

EDIT: Oh right, inb4: "LOL SUCK UP TO PROUD MORE LULOLOL!!!!1"
Edited by Manaduvortes on 1/21/2011 12:39 AM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
01/21/2011 12:30 AMPosted by Twixnstix
Don't try and have a meaningful discussion.

>< I wish there was a forum excluding this exact kind of thinking. I hope you find what you so passionately and stubbornly think is so important, that impairs and disables discussions from providing clear and useful information.

Have a good one.

@Manaduvortes : Sadly, the problem with forums that have no strict rules, is that it pushes those who have meaningful thoughts and suggestions away. I do wish we could have gotten somewhere with this. Have a good one pal.

edit: Well I guess in his eyes, we sucked up to each other? I don't know what they call that... oh well good night/day.
Edited by Proudlol on 1/21/2011 12:42 AM PST
85 Human Paladin
The way this works out for guilds with 5-10 members pretty much blows. It's rare when we have 2 or more peeps on who are even interested in the same thing at the same time. Doesn't help some of us work days, swings and graveyard shifts... to the point that even meeting up for 1 guild run is a game of chance itself.

And the hell if I want to swap guilds to get told I don't make their events often enough to chill out.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Now, if only they implemented a guild reputation filter on the gbank... that would solve all our problems.
My MAIN issue with Guild rep is this:

I have 10 characters. 9 are 80+. 1 is 40.

My Mage (main), has completed every single cataclysm quest. I despise dailies. To the point, I go out of my way to avoid them. However, even doing that, I decided to do Tol Barad dailies, since IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO RAISE YOUR REP WITH THEM. (wth?) And in 4 days of doing dailies, I've gotten about 1k rep. (the rest of the rep I have with my guild was from the few heroic runs, which ended in like, 150 rep for a run).

Now, realistically, I'll NEVER EVER have the Armadillo Pet on all of my toons. Or ANYTHING ELSE that requires Honored+. Unless I spend YEARS grinding rep, hoping the guild doesn't eventually disband, or kick me.

Now, what could be improved, you ask?

Remove Guild Reputation Altogether. Allow the perks to unlock when you do X amount of things with your guild.

AKA - Perks unlock automatically. Things that require friendly now require you to do 5 guild instances with your guild. Honored requires 10. Revered 30. and Exalted 50.

1-60 dungeons will only give you up to 5 points. BC dungeons will give you an additional 5, and Northrend will give you an additional 10. And you only would get credit for doing those in a level appropriate group. So no level 85's running Deadmines in a guild group for 5 points, then a BC one, then Northrend one.

When new things are added (like Guild Battleground groups/credit) they can be substituted in the place of said instances. Obtaining a guild achievement for your guild could add to the number required.

This would prevent people from joining a Level 25 guild, getting the perks and leaving. They actually have to contribute to the guild. Doing 30 Dungeon runs with your guildmates is enough for you to make an impact on someone, even if it's just guild farming.

This way, people still have to work for the things, but it's not based on a number unfair to people who don't do dailies, can't quest, won't quest, or don't want to spend years getting Exalted due to very low Rep from dungeons.

The VERY low amount of reputation you receive while doing a heroic with a guild is INSULTING. EVERY SINGLE GUILD RUN, I've only gotten 87 rep with the guild after we were done. Only the final boss granted rep. None of the trash did, nor did any of the other bosses.

If this doesn't happen, then make Guild Rep Account Wide. Guild Reputation is in a nutshell, about the PERSON, not the character. So why ISN'T it account wide in the first place?
Edited by Jelanda on 1/21/2011 1:24 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]