Guild Rep is 100% Stupid.

(Locked)

90 Draenei Paladin
01/21/2011 10:29 AMPosted by Verus

Wait. I thought they lost purchased rewards if they leave the guild. I remember reading that.

Me too... when was this changed? I specifically remember reading that ocne someone leaves, they lose *all* benefits including recipes, items, etc.

How are they going to lose a mount it is a learned item? Same with recipes. I would guess you lose the access to buy them.
85 Human Death Knight
01/21/2011 10:29 AMPosted by Verus
Me too... when was this changed? I specifically remember reading that ocne someone leaves, they lose *all* benefits including recipes, items, etc.

This was never true, ever. You only lost the automatic bonuses (5% exp gain, 10% mount speed, etc...).
Edited by Elineé on 1/21/2011 10:31 AM PST
85 Worgen Druid
They really should just take the heirlooms out(or give you an alternate option with honor & jp).
80 Night Elf Druid

How are they going to lose a mount it is a learned item? Same with recipes. I would guess you lose the access to buy them.

The same way you wouldn't be able to equip a ring with an enchant on it once you drop enchanting. It just wouldn't be available/wouldn't work/be grayed out.

Edit:

It has never been like that on live. I don't recall it being like that even on the beta, once the system was implemented there, but it may have been for a short time. They did initially plan for the guild rewards to have this sort of interaction, but decided against it at a later date and changed it a few months before Cataclysm was released.

Hmm, I didn't know about this. So what you are saying, to make it clear, is that if you purchase something requiring guild reputation, and then you leave said guild, that you would still be able to use that item/recipe?
Edited by Graymoon on 1/21/2011 10:38 AM PST
85 Tauren Paladin
I have 3 Suggestions for Guild Rep not sure if anyone has mentioned but here they go:

1) Characters on 1 Account should share have their cap equal to their highest gained reputation toon (ie. Billy has his main that is currently 7830/12000, so after making another toon that toon's cap should be 16830 rep then once he hits that then it caps at 3500 each week.)

1.5) *I added this in at last second lol* Rep can be shared by all characters on one account

2) SHould be able to purchase rep tokens via guild store, make them cost honor/Justice and can only buy 5 a week = to 1/2 the weekly cap.

3)Making guild bank tabs availble to certain Reputation schools (Friendly, honored etc)
80 Tauren Druid
01/21/2011 10:40 AMPosted by Twistedelmo
I have 3 Suggestions for Guild Rep not sure if anyone has mentioned but here they go:

These are all better than the current iteration.

The point is not to force you to do things you do not want to do, but instead be rewarded for participating in activities with your guild. And it uses criteria that ideally keep it from getting too 'gamey'.

It feels gamey and bad now, I seriously do recommend switching it back to gamey. For whoever has that power.
100 Blood Elf Mage
01/20/2011 5:58 PMPosted by Opheron
Guildmasters should receive a weekly 'blue' quest from the Guild Charter NPC in any Faction Capital, they would be given stack of (x) guild rep commedation items which is based on their guild population (account pop / not character pop). It could also factor in the guild's current level, as you get to higher guild levels you would receive more items per week (a bonus on top of your population amount)

i.e.
Guild A(lvl1) has 200 accounts : gets 25 marks
Guild B(lvl1) has 20 accounts : gets 5 marks
Guild C(lvl10) has 200 accounts : gets 40 marks

* the math is random right now for the example

These items would have a cooldown of a week per player so you couldn't simple burn a whole stack on yourself. Think of it as a Guild Members of the Week prize. Guild masters could distribute their weekly allowance of items to their officers and have them hand out these items as well.

They should be able to be collected (no expiry). The reason being some GMs may wish to collect enough for everyone and hand them out at the holidays as a gift ... or after guild first raid .. etc.

These would be like the rep tokens found in northrend but with a cooldown. They'd be useful in rewarding guild interaction which can't be tracked by an automated system.
60 Orc Hunter
01/21/2011 12:20 AMPosted by Palemoon

It's 16 points for L85. You want to know why we get more at L85? Our gear costs more to repair. Yep. It's called "pro-rated." Look it up. Things COST more at L85. At low levels, you can't use most of the perks anyway. And if you get one-shot by the threshers in SW harbor ... you're ... just sad being where you don't belong.

That makes no sense because most of the SW cooking and fishing dailies don't damage your gear anyway and do not reward gold. They reward experience, guild rep, fishing and cooking skillups, Chef's Awards and a Bag of Shiny Things.

Of course you can use guild perks at low levels, especially the increases in xp gain and rep gain, the hasty hearth and the mount speed increase. The increases in xp gains are essentially worthless to an 85 because they aren't leveling anymore.

The daily fishing quest to collect Rock Lobsters in SW harbor is available to level 10s. It's just poor game design to have a daily fishing quest for level 10+ players in an area with hostile level 85 mobs.

90 Human Mage
with regard to laundering and re-depositing items or goods to powerlevel reputation, all I can say is that while I would love to see rewards for contributing in this way to a guild, it would need to be tracked with much greater detail in order to function in a non-exploitable way.

For example, if I craft an epic belt and hand it to a person, I would love to get rep for that. However, if that was it, that would be easy to exploit. They could simply play a game of telephone with my belt and I'd get a ton of rep. Not cool.

Or maybe they already have better, but they equip it for 10 seconds anyway just to get me some rep before they disenchant it and I sell the crystal on the auction house. That is also not really a huge benefit, and could also be seen as gaming the system.

Ideally, there should be a system that checks to see if the item I am giving a person is not only for their class and spec, but also grants a significant increase in item level, and then waits for them to equip and bind that item to themselves before I am awarded rep.

I also toyed with the idea of giving bonuses to an alchemist who provides flasks to their raid and then that raid uses those flasks in a guild raid. However, some guilds buy many flasks from outside of the guild, and they do so to a degree that I wouldn't be able to guarantee the outside flask market would suffer. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure alchemists love the profits from selling their flasks more than life itself
85 Gnome Warlock
01/20/2011 12:23 PMPosted by Bashiok

That's only a guild in technical definition that you got a charter signed. To design around such off-topic uses of guild banks would likely destroy the base intent. And, as you said, the experience bar has moved. You do have the ability to level it up, although it will be slower. Much, much slower.

Maybe if he didn't die of old age first. You can't seriously be suggesting that you can level a guild via low level characters. It would take you absurd amounts of characters leveled per cap. Getting a guild to 25 would take over 7000 level 30 characters. Maybe you were joking, but I honestly can't tell anymore. It's pretty obvious that guild leveling is not designed for low levels, so any low level guilds will gain nothing from the new system.

Doing the math on this is pretty hilarious, actually. At an average of 5 hours per level 30, it would take somebody over 4 years /played time to do this. Assuming they slept 8 hours a day, but did nothing else, they would take over 6 years. Add in a job (40 hours a week, let's round to 6 hours a day) and you're up to over 10 years.
Edited by Bergtau on 1/21/2011 11:05 AM PST
90 Human Paladin

I don't know, but that's what was stated.
85 Human Death Knight
01/21/2011 10:59 AMPosted by Bergtau

That's only a guild in technical definition that you got a charter signed. To design around such off-topic uses of guild banks would likely destroy the base intent. And, as you said, the experience bar has moved. You do have the ability to level it up, although it will be slower. Much, much slower.

Maybe if he didn't die of old age first. You can't seriously be suggesting that you can level a guild via low level characters. It would take you absurd amounts of characters leveled per cap. Getting a guild to 25 would take over 7000 level 30 characters. Maybe you were joking, but I honestly can't tell anymore. It's pretty obvious that guild leveling is not designed for low levels, so any low level guilds will gain nothing from the new system.

too true.
85 Human Priest
Here is a suggestion that might be helpful:

Some complains are that people feel like they should be able to join a guild and get the perks right away if the guild is level 25, or maybe at a certain rank defined by the GM. Either way, this would make it so people could join the guild, get their perk items, then leave at no penalty, which is obviously not the intent. So what if you had some sort of tracker in place for each person so that they have "Available" items and "Earned" items. What I mean by this is:

Say my guild is level 25 and I have been in the guild since day 1 and I have earned my Exalted reputation. So I get all the items and perks.

Joe joins the guild, and since it is level 25 and there exists someone, or maybe even a group of people, this is/are Exalted in the guild the perk items are now availalbe to Joe, even though he isn't exalted yet. However, to keep these items indefinitely he would be responsible for getting his own Rep to Exalted over the course of his time in the guild. If he leaves the guild before he is Exalted, the items go away. If he rejoins, he starts back where he was (or however the current rep system works with people leaving and joining guilds).

What this does is gives people the options to obtain the guild items that requires a large amount of time being in the guild, but will make sure it stays within the guild, and not sold to outsiders.

I'm not sure if this is what Blizzard wants though. The argument to this is that it's not fair to the people who had to work to get their Rep up that any random person could join the guild and get the same items they had to work for (which is why I also would suggest the GM being able to define which ranks get the "Availalbe" items). On the other hand, these people are supposed to be your guildies, so shouldn't be absolutely ok with sharing with the people (I hope) you enjoy playing the game with? Dunno, some food for thought.
85 Tauren Paladin
lets say your main is 3000/6000 in rep and you make another toon rather then that toon capping out at 3500 each week it's cap is = to your mains current rep. then when that is reached it will start doing the 3500 rep/week like you main is doing. based on how it looks i dont do dailies every day and usally only do 5mans now for valor daily so if im thinking right at my pace it will take a toon about 4-5 months to get exalted with a guild. but how ever leveling a new toon rather then doing like 20 quests or some odd then getting capped but continuing on to do another 100 or so quest in that week seem like wasted rep
60 Orc Hunter
01/21/2011 12:26 AMPosted by Manaduvortes

Rep rewards and such are for max level characters, even heirlooms are meant to be earned by 85s and given to alts, you shouldn't be getting the rewards early, that's pointless.

That's false. A low level player can enjoy many guild rewards just as much as a high level player.

Erm, perks don't generally require rep, that's what rewards are based on, not perks.

I was specifically talking about guild perks, not rep, in item 2.

A blue poster in this thread said that Blizzard didn't want players to join a guild, make no contribution to the guild but get the benefits. Yet, that is exactly the way it works for guild perks. A player will be able to join a level 25 guild and get many of the guild perks without making any contribution to the guild.

Again, rep isn't for low level characters, and it was never meant to be, I've never even heard someone make your point before, I think you might be one of the only people in WoW complaining that they aren't adding more stuff for low level characters.

False. Guild rep can be earned by low level players. They just earn much less guild rep than a level 85 for doing the exact same quests. It's grossly unfair that a level 85 gets 16 guild rep while a level 10 gets 1 rep for doing the exact same fishing or cooking daily.

I don't know of any other rep grind that is affected by character level that way. Quests that reward rep for all other factions, except guilds, seem to give the same rep regardless of character level.

I have seen other complaints that players who like to level mainly via BGs don't get any guild rep.
85 Tauren Paladin
but some player are like me and if every toon is on one server/faction all of them are in the same guild
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]