Guild Rep is 100% Stupid.

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Hunter
My Guild, Forgotten Redemption (FR) is a raiding guild that has been around for a few years. We are specifically linked with our leveling guild, Knights of War (KOW) buy useing Guild 2Guild addon so we can chat togeather on Bronzebeard. I am the GM of FR, With our sister guild we share many things and have a great time doing so. We are basically one and the same guild. However with the new changes and guild lvling system we have hit a snag, as Shadayah has said . Our Guilds serves two purpose's. We have a bank for leveling, and we have a bank for Raiding flasks, food, etc. We can turn on the Guild repair function in one guild and leave the other off. It has worked very well up until now. OK with that said here is just an IDEA give the guild masters the ability to merge the guilds with just the click of a button and naming the guild they are linked to. This will give 2 or more guild the ability to merge together and still be apart of our own guilds at the same time. So when KOW and FR raid together we can still get our guild rep and achievements Like I said just an IDEA think about it.
85 Human Warrior
guild leveling/rep is a great idea, but a terribly executed one by blizzard

initially, it encourages inviting "nobodys" to a guild just to level it up.

then the rep gains are linked, like you said, to things that some people have absolutely zero desire to do, yet "have to" (which Bashiok hypocritically states wasnt the designers intention - yet it obviously is? hello dailies?)

the fact that it doesnt normalize across the number of guild members as a percentage is dumb, maybe a programming nightmare, but conceptually dumb nonetheless.

a person should be able to have a 10 person guild and unlock the rewards with as much individual effort as a person in a 400 person guild, it should scale relatively.

anyway, its terrible and they'll never fix it. too bad to those that feel they are stuck in a guild they don't like, or those that feel they are forced to join a guild in the first place to "experience content".
85 Worgen Rogue
This is an extremely long thread, so forgive me if already covered, but what about a small percentage boost to rep gained if wearing guild tabard while in a BG or instance. Similar to grinding rep with different factions.
85 Human Death Knight
Sure, but again, that can be gamed. Making guild rep a meta game of depositing mats, to remove them, launder them, and re-deposit to exalted is not the point of the system. And while it would be cool to recognize those things, there's simply too many loopholes.

Well, there is one thing that could be done and that's to have any items put into the guild bank that you want rep from to become "guildbound". Once guildbound, the item would no longer give rep and would only be useable by guildies. However this would require a bit of programming I'd imagine, but could be a viable way of giving to the guild and getting guild rep out of it.
Edited by Krampus on 1/21/2011 1:54 PM PST
66 Tauren Paladin
ECS
01/17/2011 2:26 AMPosted by Riese
I have toons that have been in my guild since year 2, I've been playing the game since year 1.

Getting no headstart at all is rather ridiculous.

Also, it needs to be made accountwide. If I work my butt off for the guild and get to exalted, my next alt shouldn't have to come in on the ground floor.

I agree with this and think it should span across ALL reputation, not just guild reputation.
01/21/2011 11:11 AMPosted by Bashiok
For that reason they aren't changes we're willing to yet discuss as they haven't been implemented, but there is some agreement that additional ways to earn rep, as well as help for PvP'ers and PvP guilds is in order.

I'm so glad you guys actually have us PvP'ers in mind.

While you're doing this, could you consider making the NPC rep tabards work in arenas and rated BGs? That would be awesome, thanks!
85 Draenei Death Knight
My problem with guild rep is the only way to get it is via questing (which I don't do) or when there's at least 4 out of 5 guild members in the group.
52 Human Hunter
I'm just glad to see this thread still has plenty of traction. I'd venture to say many people don't care much for the guild reputation bits and those that do would still like to see it changed.
90 Orc Hunter
01/21/2011 1:48 PMPosted by Woolverrean
My Guild, Forgotten Redemption (FR) is a raiding guild that has been around for a few years. We are specifically linked with our leveling guild, Knights of War (KOW) buy useing Guild 2Guild addon so we can chat togeather on Bronzebeard. I am the GM of FR, With our sister guild we share many things and have a great time doing so. We are basically one and the same guild. However with the new changes and guild lvling system we have hit a snag, as Shadayah has said . Our Guilds serves two purpose's. We have a bank for leveling, and we have a bank for Raiding flasks, food, etc. We can turn on the Guild repair function in one guild and leave the other off. It has worked very well up until now. OK with that said here is just an IDEA give the guild masters the ability to merge the guilds with just the click of a button and naming the guild they are linked to. This will give 2 or more guild the ability to merge together and still be apart of our own guilds at the same time. So when KOW and FR raid together we can still get our guild rep and achievements Like I said just an IDEA think about it.

I really like the idea of merging two guilds and allowing the merged members to keep their guild rep. I don't know how the mechanics would work on the backend as far as guild bank contents etc. However I don't see this being a feature that would be used very frequently and not really worth the dev time to implement.
100 Draenei Paladin
It's a terrible system that becomes an extreme 4 month grind with the end result of making you deathly afraid to leave your guild or just plain hosed if your guild breaks up or dies. Guild rep gains should be quadrupled at the least, especially for guild raids.
85 Tauren Druid
01/21/2011 11:11 AMPosted by Bashiok
The gain of guild rep is something that is intended to happen slowly over time, and not something you can focus your efforts on to push toward the cap as quick as possible.

So we have to grind dailies and 5 mans instead of 2 rep per Ratchet pirate...I really don't see much difference.

I actually have no real problem with the guild rep system, but the guild xp cap being daily rather than weekly is icky :P
100 Undead Mage
Can't you just remove the rewards a person has earned when they leave a guild? You do it with the Core Hound pet when people remove the Authenticator. Can't be too difficult!
Community Manager
01/21/2011 1:56 PMPosted by Failthal

I really like the idea of merging two guilds and allowing the merged members to keep their guild rep. I don't know how the mechanics would work on the backend as far as guild bank contents etc. However I don't see this being a feature that would be used very frequently and not really worth the dev time to implement.

We definitely have discussed and would like to implement some features that help sister-guilds integrate or work together more easily. Right now there's a full reliance on mods and they're not able to do a lot of things we'd need to make actual game features. It's not anything we've begun work on, but it is a wish-list item.
90 Orc Hunter
01/21/2011 1:58 PMPosted by Kevyne

What you're looking for is a guild alliance feature (which is pretty handy if implimented). Keep the unique identities of specific guilds, but also allowing them to share resources.

Merging guilds can have more headaches than not (there's a reason they are separate, and usually have different goals anyway). But sharing resources opens up a lot more possibilities.

Guilds shouldn't be landlocked from each other, as much as sharing to build the community all together.

I like this. It would save me from having to switch between characters to mail myself something from one to the other.
85 Goblin Mage
I'm not so much angry about the slowness of guild rep so much as I am with the fact that because of the bug where I got NO guild rep at all for two weeks straight, I am severely behind on my rep overall. STILL a recruit since the beginning of the expansion. It's ridiculous, and to be honest, I really did expect at least some compensation for the people that got spat in the face because of this glitch or whatever it was.

Like someone else said, 3000 or more rep behind the people who did not suffer this bug and it's painstakingly slow. Sometimes I wondered what the hell I was supposed to do to get my rep up again.
My problem with guild rep is alts. Specifically my hated-mage-alt who's the guild's only scribe. I'll hit 85 before I'll hit honored with the guild for her maxed profession to count toward Working As A Team and that's assuming I even play her (of my 7 lvl 80s, she was the 3rd rolled and the last to hit 80. I just can't get into the mage, no idea why.).

There absolutely needs to be a BOA tabard to buy at Exalted with your guild which would increase guild rep gain.
I, myself, wanna see some more guild levels and some more heirloom gear. But the guild system is epic imo.
90 Gnome Warrior
Why does doing a single heroic 5man give me as much rep as raiding for 12 hours?

why does raiding give so little rep?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]