getting rid of pets?

(Locked)

26 Undead Hunter
I know this is probably a very noob question to ask, but I'm new to hunters. Basically I loved my starter spider pet as an undead...until I saw the skittering lurkers(the change was purely cosmetic). I have my lurker but don't want two spider pets, how do I get rid of the first spider?
58 Orc Mage
bring the pet you don't want out. right click it's portrait and click abandon
85 Orc Hunter
Summon him as your active pet, then right click him in your unitframes and click "Abandon".
85 Tauren Hunter
while you have your first pet summoned, click on its picture, and you should have the option to abandon it.
now, keep in mind, when I started as a hunter, we didn't get "starter" pets, so it may be that you can't abandon your "starter" pet, but I don't see why you would not be able to, but who knows with blizz :)
good luck, and I hope this helped you out.
26 Undead Hunter
*blink* *blink* Dear god....I'm....I'm sorry for even asking...thank you guys.
Edited by Amalizzy on 1/14/2011 8:46 AM PST
100 Troll Hunter
Right click the Pet portrait and click the "Abandon button", a 3 minute flaskback of all the moments between you and your pet will be shown while an emotional music piece plays. Followed with your pet having a sack on a stick with a tear in its eye as it rp walks away, only to be ganked by another class that wants to get a 25g Crystalline Tear of Loyalty.

Everytime you abandon a pet, a non-hunter class will gank it for gold!
85 Troll Hunter
or just stable it if you abandon you will never be able to get it again
40 Goblin Rogue
And dont worry, the abandoned pets dont fight back like they used to in vanilla.
on my pets screen it does not have the option to abandon how can i get rid of this boar so i can a new pet?
90 Pandaren Hunter
03/03/2011 10:19 PMPosted by Machinepisto
on my pets screen it does not have the option to abandon how can i get rid of this boar so i can a new pet?

You can't abandon a pet or tame a new one until you are level ten.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
03/03/2011 10:19 PMPosted by Machinepisto

U cant till ten buddy.
91 Night Elf Hunter
Dont worry. Back in the day when you clicked "abandon" the pet would flag red and attack you.
100 Night Elf Hunter
03/03/2011 11:09 PMPosted by Raygar
Dont worry. Back in the day when you clicked "abandon" the pet would flag red and attack you.

They definitely need to bring this feature back.
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/14/2011 9:18 AMPosted by Stabitz
And dont worry, the abandoned pets dont fight back like they used to in vanilla.

those were the days :)
1 Gnome Rogue
what about with ur first pet it not there
90 Troll Hunter
08/11/2014 12:31 AMPosted by Thegwisecone
what about with ur first pet it not there

my god.......the necro.....this is from 2011

MODS lock pleese
Edited by Murrp on 8/11/2014 9:36 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]