Razer Nostromo

85 Draenei Paladin
I bought this about 2 days ago and i am having some trouble getting used to the keybinds and the joystick. My question is if yall think that it is better to use the joystick or just use the keys on the thing. The problem with the joystick is that i cant figure out how to put a strafe button on it. I think i might switch this thing out for a good mouse like the naga or wow one, unless i get used to this one. Please tell me how yall keybinded yours to get strafe and if u use the joystick or the keys.
Reply Quote
77 Night Elf Rogue
For the dpad, first I suggest removing the thumbstick - it tends to hit diagonals more than straights.. For binding in strafes, you'll need to go into WoW's keybindings and bind the DPad to Fwd, back, Strafe left, strafe Right. Note: on the dpad, look for a >.. that's Up/Fwd. Use the mouse for turning, and you'll get very good mobility, but it will take a day or two to get used to.

I have a youtube channel that covers how to integrate the n52te (now the Razer nostromo) with wow, at www.youtube.com/user/grendalsh. It covers setting up the Nostromo profile, keybinds with WoW, and modifying the actionbars to better match the Nostromo's layout.

Good luck and Fair winds!
Reply Quote
Go buy the naga instead of the atrocity you got swindled into.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Or use them both. your buttons will be over 9000.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I use the D-Pad for movement, without thumbstick. Pinky finger row controls modifier keys ctrl alt shift, the rest of the keys are used for binds.

For action bars I use the add-on dominoes to create four sets of four column / four row action boxes to mirror the four possible states of the nostromo - unmodified, ctrl, alt, shift. With the four 4x4 boxes, the action bar layout on the screen basically mirrors the nostromo button layout.

unmodified 03 is bound to jump

takes a little getting used to but well worth it
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Rogue
01/16/2011 08:00 PMPosted by Azmon
I bought this about 2 days ago and i am having some trouble getting used to the keybinds and the joystick. My question is if yall think that it is better to use the joystick or just use the keys on the thing. The problem with the joystick is that i cant figure out how to put a strafe button on it. I think i might switch this thing out for a good mouse like the naga or wow one, unless i get used to this one. Please tell me how yall keybinded yours to get strafe and if u use the joystick or the keys.

Nostormo is amazing! I have the N52te since it's the only one that works on mac still, and a Rat9 mouse.
  • Download Addon: Bartender - it's super fast mouse-over keybinding in wow.
  • Clear all blizzard keybind except the essentials: m for map, zoom in/out etc.
  • Remapped Nostromo to these to keep m for maps, b for bags: (toggle/joystick forward & strafes) 5432109876][=-,./
  • Button 15 is for Jump, Toggle: foward, side strafes. Pin-push button for preference.
  • Get a mouse with at least 3 buttons to remap to: shift/alt/ctrl
  • Top row is dmg. middle row is defense. bottom row for longer CD abilities.
  • Write macros! I play a paladin too and here's my HoPo building macro (and execute)
    My abilities are prioritized so my index finger never moves and i hit 1 button (with mouse modifiers) to perform...
    Button #5 on the Nostromo

/cast [nomod] Crusader Strike
    /cast [mod:shift] Judgment
    /cast [mod:alt] Exorcism
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Hammer of Wrath

and here's my HoPo using macro, that my middle finger hits (with mouse modifiers)
    Button #4 on the Nostromo

/cast [nomod] Inquisition
    /cast [mod:shift] Word of Glory
    /cast [mod:alt] Templar's Verdict
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Divine Storm

Now your left hand never has to move and can perform 4 actions per key. This is huge for response time to healing friends, CC enemies, and improving your dmg.

Remapping and writing your macros takes the 17 buttons and turns it into 68 abilities. Now some classes don't have 68 abilities, but this opens you up to...

/cast [nomod] Repentance
    /cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Repentance

or for arena
    /cast [nomod, target=Azmon] Divine Light
    /cast [mod:shift, target=Azmon's dad] Divine Light
    /cast [mod:alt, target=Azmon's mom] Divine Light
    ...a macro like this means no more targeting and is faster for landing heals. This can be written for CC, or dmg too.

01/18/2011 07:18 AMPosted by Grendalsh
    I have a youtube channel that covers how to integrate the n52te (now the Razer nostromo) with wow, at www.youtube.com/user/grendalsh. It covers setting up the Nostromo profile, keybinds with WoW, and modifying the actionbars to better match the Nostromo's layout.
    I watched your video, and tried your keybinds...it literally hacks the potential in 1/2.
    Edited by Stuntdouble on 10/20/2012 10:40 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Warlock
    I personally just went into the N52 settings and unbound the diagonals and use the thumbstick.

I also rebound the 's' button to jump and it made the entire thing far easier to use.

In game just make your 'A' and 'D' binds to strafe instead of turn and you'll be set.
    Edited by Zinnin on 10/20/2012 10:43 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    77 Night Elf Rogue
    I approve of this thread.
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Death Knight
    01/18/2011 07:20 AMPosted by Blastodon

BUT SWIFTY SAID...
    Reply Quote
    80 Blood Elf Rogue
    01/18/2011 07:20 AMPosted by Blastodon
    The naga is crap compared to a Nostromo + Mouse remapped: shift/alt/ctrl.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]