Just curious when kingsguard broke up?

87 Blood Elf Paladin
KG sure wiped on Twins......alot.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I swear KG broke up like, Before AQ cameout

If I recall the forum fallout correctly, Kingsguard broke up while they were doing Naxx. Frosted said the problems started during AQ40 but they managed to finish it anyway. It was while doing Naxx that the raid leadership came to the conclusion that the players were not up for the task - around when people started saying they wanted to run AQ more to gear up better. According to Frosted(or it may have been Sekdar) due the hard time they had doing AQ they were already better geared than most guilds doing Naxx worldwide.

I think those top guys left to join a top raiding guild on another server(this was before transfers, they rolled fresh).

Says Damaen, KG GM for.. oh god. I am so old. Anyway... KG broke up at C'thun because we were not "hardcore enough" a guild to beat him. By which I mean Frosted was upset we had friends and non-raiders in the guild. We only did 4 or 5 nights a week, 5 hours those days. You know, "casual." So they created <Subversion> (clever!) and i think they disbanded a month or 3 later when Frosted abandonded the guild to server transfer to raid elsewhere. Classy!

Sarcasm aside, we had ~65 raiders, only the top 10% were frosted hardcore, the bottom 10% were fillers. People like Ellusion were basically AFk when we were in MC and there was always a few people like that in AQ40. It was what it was. Dunemaul has never been amazing for its talent pool but KayGee was unstoppable while we were together.

NINJA EDIT
Frosted, on Peppi, opened the aq40 gates. I was there. He still has the black bug mount
Edited by Damaen on 12/1/2011 11:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
11/23/2011 11:07 PMPosted by Ozzgulruk
I swear KG broke up like, Before AQ cameout

If I recall the forum fallout correctly, Kingsguard broke up while they were doing Naxx. Frosted said the problems started during AQ40 but they managed to finish it anyway. It was while doing Naxx that the raid leadership came to the conclusion that the players were not up for the task - around when people started saying they wanted to run AQ more to gear up better. According to Frosted(or it may have been Sekdar) due the hard time they had doing AQ they were already better geared than most guilds doing Naxx worldwide.

Kingsguard as a guild never set foot into Naxx, it hadn't been released when the guild split occurred. We were about a month into C'Thun wipes with declining raider numbers (we speculated at the time that a lot of individuals in the guild refrained from logging on during AQ raids due to the belief that no loot would be obtained, as opposed to MC raid nights). A combination of leadership burnout, players making consistent mistakes on phase 1 of C'Thun, and declining raider-base resulted in the split.

From what I remember, Subversion got one or two bosses into Naxx before they themselves dissolved about three months later.

Finally, concerning the AQ gong and legendary mount: What happened at the time was that KG and BBC (I think it was BBC, may have been another horde guild though) initially were working together to open the gates. However, BBC soon decided that they wanted to go at it alone so it became a race to see who would open it first. KG was the first to open the gates. Frosted (on Peppi) got the mount. Jore also turned in the quest shortly afterwards and was also rewarded the mount (there was a short window after the first turn-in where other people could turn in the completed quest and get the mount as well). So, both Peppi and Jore got the mount.

[quote]

If Frosted didn't take you, you weren't good.

I don't think you're considering the possibility that some individuals that were invited actually declined to join.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I think this thread would have been used tracing the historiography of Hunk Squad.
Reply Quote
64 Night Elf Death Knight
Rhema goood to hear you sprouting our story. this is Shinobu... old school Gm of House Hinata, i have moved to Silver hand but I have good memories of good times...
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Warrior
what

(i was on frosted's account to open the gates)
Edited by Kilinar on 3/14/2013 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
All i remember of KG was Deception and Xtinction.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
healbotting deception while he took down most of a horde team in the WSG was hilarious when KG had all the epix.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
healbotting deception while he took down most of a horde team in the WSG was hilarious when KG had all the epix.

Good to see some familiar names in this thread.

This is Deception. I sold my Warrior to an owner of a diamond wholesale business back then. Then I bought Invidious and transferred off, and have since sold that too. Extinction quit when I transferred off.

Only came back to the game in mid January to play with some old friends, ironic to see how we are all Horde now...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
well then whats up man?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Bump. Also EQ and SV guild names were my idea.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
it makes me happy to see all these old guild and character names again after so much has changed. I was in Kindred Bloodlines which became Kindred Spirits, or maybe it was the other way around. I was never a serious raider but knew some of the guys in these guilds through pvp. those were the days.
Reply Quote
89 Orc Warrior
it makes me happy to see all these old guild and character names again after so much has changed. I was in Kindred Bloodlines which became Kindred Spirits, or maybe it was the other way around. I was never a serious raider but knew some of the guys in these guilds through pvp. those were the days.

i just have to make a post here aswell :D seeing all my old biddies!!

BTW-- JOre and some of my alts are still in The establishment. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Lot's of nolstalgia in here.

Even though all of the good guilds died in late Vanilla, Dunemaul was a blast back in the day. I remember Soultagon (PVP MANG!), the Black Ogre Clan, Trouble, Kingsguard, CM Pyro wall hacking through AQ 40 to get his staff before the Black Ogre Clan even got a Twin Emps kill, etc.

BTW, anyone remember those 2 people who hooked up on Dunemaul and got married? Asian chick and white dude, I totally forgot their names.

I wish I never lost all my old screen shots.....****.

<---- Former Band of Brothers member. I still remember when Malorum and co from the Black Ogre Clan popped up in our vent and rumors of a merger went about. Two weeks after the merge, about half of the guild raiders left and as soon as server transfers became available, everyone with a brain had split and the guild took FOREVER to kill C'thun.

Shout outs to Banerot, Theage, Smirks, Tomtom, Matt and all those other people. Those days were the best.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Sometimes I wonder what happened to Loveyu, Zzapp(spelling?), Pup, Cho, Buli, Carrion and a ton of the other awesome vanilla pvpers.. Still miss running HWL groups..
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
p.s. I was just talking about the days of Deception and Xtinction.. lol
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
<-- Zzaap

I quit, came back, quit, came back due to grad school, and then around WotLK, Shamji and I formed a casual raiding guild, Riot, and it was good times for about two years. Do you remember the tauren warrior Lukelee? He gave me his account after he quit and I ran that as a tank for a while, but I also had some other toons to fill gaps in our roster (lolbubble, lukelee, pwnographer).

But alas, Shamji and I are now retired.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]