[SHADOW] Sin and Punishment NEEDS attention

/sign with pen
90 Troll Priest
/sign
85 Blood Elf Priest
/sign

I find it incredible that a fix for one of our most important talents is still not in the 4.0.6 PTR. Blues won't even respond to our concerns and I haven't seen anyone acknowledge it's broken. Being one of our high-tier talents you would assume they would at least let us know they are working on a fix for it....
85 Dwarf Priest
/sign
80 Human Priest
I'm still impressed that they "hotfixed" the ability, yet left it with such a glaring error.
Community Manager
Thanks for pointing this out, Ecnad. We're aware of the issue and will be hotfixing this bug with diminishing returns and Sin and Punishment in the near future. :)
90 Troll Priest
/sign

So many good points stated in this thread regarding S&P. I've been out of the game for about 2 weeks due to computer issues (Yes, I feel like I'm about to snap :-S), but I was hoping I could come back to some relevant changes to the problems I was noticing b4 my comp took a poop.

Idk if yall have read the other threads posted about a rework of S&P. I, for one, enjoyed the dmg dealt protection b4 the pre-cata patch. But I guess they have some reasons behind why they change things to what they are now.

A suggestion mentioned in another thread was a built in "mana burn" upon dispelling VT. A % of the dispelling caster's mana is "drained" when they dispel VT. Not too sure how you guys feel about that, but that could come in handy in situations when healer's have to decide if they should take the dmg or worry about their mana being depleted.

(I can find a link to the thread if your curious)

Regardless, with the other "problems" and "unfair advantages" we currently have, the least they could do is fix a broken talent that makes or breaks certain situations in pvp.

...and our mastery is lame

/sign again
85 Human Priest
01/12/2011 7:07 PMPosted by Zarhym
Thanks for pointing this out, Ecnad. We're aware of the issue and will be hotfixing this bug with diminishing returns and Sin and Punishment in the near future. :)

mission accomplished, boys! let's pack up and go home.
85 Dwarf Priest
Yay! Shadow priest Jrkilla is happy dwarf, indeed he is.

BEER. FOR EVERYBODY!
90 Undead Priest
amazing job corizard
85 Undead Warlock
01/11/2011 6:55 PMPosted by Ecnad
UA will continue to do its job, and do it well, mostly because Unstable Affliction's silence does not DR with itself or any other silence effect. Only very specific situations will allow a dispeller to dispel UA without worry, because the consequence for dispelling UA will be pretty bad.

By specific situations, you must mean any time the enemy has a resto shaman...

Very happy to see we are getting some attention
85 Blood Elf Priest
/signed
85 Blood Elf Priest
FINALLY
68 Night Elf Rogue

Thanks, Zarhym. Could you also look into whether it's necessary for shadow word: pain to have almost 4x the mana cost of a lock's corruption, even though they do very similar damage?

Shadow's mana situation in pvp is terrible right now compared to locks', and the main reason is that our DOTs such as sw:p and devouring plague cost a lot more mana than comparable lock DOTs.

I can't think of any legitimate gameplay reason why this would be the case, so hopefully this will be addressed.
85 Goblin Priest
Any chance of addressing some other Priest bugs?

1. Paralysis being a physical attack (ie. being dodgeable/parryable)

2. Inner Fire costing mana and not being free as intended/advertised.

3. Mind Spike not being of the Shadowfrost school, thus being locked out of Shadow disables it.
85 Troll Priest

Yes! Thank you.
85 Gnome Warlock
01/12/2011 7:53 PMPosted by Arelia

Thanks, Zarhym. Could you also look into whether it's necessary for shadow word: pain to have almost 4x the mana cost of a lock's corruption, even though they do very similar damage?

Shadow's mana situation in pvp is terrible right now compared to locks', and the main reason is that our DOTs such as sw:p and devouring plague cost a lot more mana than comparable lock DOTs.

I can't think of any legitimate gameplay reason why this would be the case, so hopefully this will be addressed.

Well, uh, I mean... you're not a warlock and just because a game is balanced doesn't mean that it's also a "he has-I get" sort of thing. You have a way of getting back mana that doesn't take away a nice portion of HP, mind you.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]