Ret pally BiS list

85 Gnome Warlock
is there a list out to help us point us less theorycraftering peeps out on what to bid on or not?
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Paladin
Gear has been pretty dumbed down with the removal of certain stats. In general, if it's the right gear for you and it's higher item level, it's better.

At this point, if it has more Strength, it's better. Secondary stats are worth so little that you really don't have to care about them as long as the Str is higher on the item you want.

If the Str is the same on two items, crit/haste is better right now, but given the state of flux that Ret is probably going to be in for a while, mastery might become more important.

Really though, Str is tied to item level and it's far and away the most important stat for Ret. It's safe to assume that if you're wearing a 346 item, the 359 item is always going to be better.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
This is what i figured. Just wanted to see if someone made one.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
4 piece vic is Bis for ret paladins, theres also a epic tank helm thats Bis besides the engineering helm.

The 250 str you get from the pvp set is that amazing, also along side the 5% dmg to CS and -1 sec to the CD to judgement, even the blue pvp set rivals tier 11 and depending on your off pieces it can be even better.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hi!
Check my gear guide, you may find it useful!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1827524118
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
01/13/2011 4:15 AMPosted by Glovebox
4 piece vic is Bis for ret paladins, theres also a epic tank helm thats Bis besides the engineering helm.

The 250 str you get from the pvp set is that amazing, also along side the 5% dmg to CS and -1 sec to the CD to judgement, even the blue pvp set rivals tier 11 and depending on your off pieces it can be even better.

I don't even.

For PvE, PvP blues > than PvE blues. PvE epics > PvP epics. T11 set bonuses > Vicious set bonuses. Period.

10% TV is simply monstrous and the +10 second duration on Inquisition is changes how you can play for the better, which, if you can't see that, then you probably won't be getting 4piece anytime soon anyway.

The tanking helm is being changed in the patch also.
Edited by Arrenamoo on 1/13/2011 7:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/13/2011 2:33 AMPosted by Holydude
Pre heroic raid bis
http://www.chardev.org/?profile=7478

Taken from retpaladin.com

And yes a lot of pvp gear is our bis too.

I am not 100% convinced by that BiS list, how on earth are:

Vicious Gladiator's Bracers of Triumph
Binds when picked up
Wrist Plate
1525 Armor
+201 Strength
+301 Stamina
Durability 55 / 55
Classes: Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight
Requires Level 85
Item Level 365
Equip: Increases your critical strike rating by 134 (0.75% @ L85).
Equip: Increases your resilience rating by 134 (0.36% @ L85).

better than:

Electron Inductor Coils
Binds when picked up
Wrist Plate
1499 Armor
+190 Strength
+286 Stamina
Durability 55 / 55
Requires Level 85
Item Level 359
Equip: Increases your hit rating by 127 (1.06% @ L85).
Equip: Increases your haste rating by 127 (0.99% @ L85).

unless I am missing something 11 str is not better than 120 or so hit or haste.

I can see the PvP 2pc as being better than going for the PvE 4pc as the str bonus cancels out just about all the lost "green" stats, and then the gloves give 5% to CS, but non set PvP pieces I am not convinced by.

And there are issues with the BiS list because of reforging, rather than a set in stone BiS list it seems to be more a case of trying to get all the gear you can without mastery and then plug it into RAWR and let it work out the reforging you need.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The reason why they are better is because strenght is BY FAR our best stat... so anything with more strenght IS an upgrade.

Reforging makes it pretty impossible to make a BiS list anymore (and I think it was the point)

Right now, BiS is anything without mastery that will make you hit/expertise capped once reforged. It will change with next patch obviously.
Edited by Zurak on 1/13/2011 8:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Until the PTR is finished, any BiS lists you make now will be irrelevant.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/13/2011 8:11 AMPosted by Zurak
The reason why they are better is because strenght is BY FAR our best stat... so anything with more strenght IS an upgrade.

Reforging makes it pretty impossible to make a BiS list anymore (and I think it was the point)

Right now, BiS is anything without mastery that will make you hit/expertise capped once reforged. It will change with next patch obviously.

Yes, strength is better than haste and hit. However you need to look at the numbers 120 hit or haste is not better than 11str. I think about 60 haste (or 22str) would have put the PvP item ahead but that is not the case.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/13/2011 7:37 AMPosted by Arrenamoo

I don't even.

For PvE, PvP blues > than PvE blues. PvE epics > PvP epics. T11 set bonuses > Vicious set bonuses. Period.

10% TV is simply monstrous and the +10 second duration on Inquisition is changes how you can play for the better, which, if you can't see that, then you probably won't be getting 4piece anytime soon anyway.

No wonder you're a baddie

Str is our best stat and it get's even better next patch,Vic has a lot more str and even rivals heroic T11 and is better than regular T11.

10% dmg to TV would be great if it didnt hit like a wet noodle compared to Exorcism.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/13/2011 12:40 PMPosted by Glovebox

I don't even.

No wonder you're a baddie

Str is our best stat and it get's even better next patch,Vic has a lot more str and even rivals heroic T11 and is better than regular T11.

10% dmg to TV would be great if it didnt hit like a wet noodle compared to Exorcism.

You still have to look at the numbers. Strength is better than any other stat, but not so good that there is enough extra on the slight ilevel upgrade to vic gear as opposed to i359 normal mode PvE gear that it cancels out the lost secondary stat from resilience.

The only exception is possibly the PvP 70str 2pc combined with the gloves giving 5% to CS. Although even this will need to be reassessed in 4.0.6 where mastery gets a big boost and we (should) gain a lot more DPS from inq whilst having lower HoPo generation which might make the T11 4pc attractive.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There's a few things on that gear set that are off even by the weights (afaik from exemplar's sheet at least one version ago) they used, and there isn't any direct dps from 4t11, which is why it's 2 vic and 2t11. The patch is going to make it entirely different anyway and 4t11 is definitely worth getting.

Right now, 2/4 vic/bloodthirsty is extremely valid for starting and early raiding. Specific gear lists are generally not going to happen or the best will be too nonspecific to really be relevant to list due to reforging.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]