Best pally spec for PvP.

27 Blood Elf Paladin
As the title says, which spec is best for PvP?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not PvP expert but Holy is probably the strongest; well at least from what I've read.

I tried Ret a little bit (in nooby PvP, nothing pro) and it just doesn't feel fun to me.

I'm trying a really goofy Prot PvP spec for TB and I'm loving it (I really want that Drake mount.) My spec pretty much focuses on survival and using Wog constantly.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret will be good again once patch comes out.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, let's see...holy has been a top arena spec for every season but one. Prot was a top spec for part of one season when people figured out they could play it like holy but better...until that got nerfed to the ground. Ret has never been a top arena spec in any season.

So I'm gonna say holy is your best bet. Won't stop me from playing ret, though :)
Reply Quote
Damage: Ret
Survivability: Prot
Support: Holy

Ret: In pvp we are quite good even if we are horribly broken. It just takes a lot of patience and skill to have fun with.
Reply Quote
27 Blood Elf Paladin
Okay, I think I'm going to try out Prot and see how it goes. Does anyone know what a good Prot PvP build would be?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Im having fun with prot spec. I may not do huge amounts of damage but i feel like i do put out quite a bit still.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
01/14/2011 6:55 PMPosted by Ath
Damage: Ret
Survivability: Prot
Support: Holy

Ret: In pvp we are quite good even if we are horribly broken. It just takes a lot of patience and skill to have fun with.

PROT with RET gear... Doooo eeet! Dooo eeet NAOUW!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arygos/trinthakiz/talent/primary
My pally is currently pvping with this spec. There is no best spec, but you just have to choose a talent for different class counters.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
has and always will be holy
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
01/14/2011 07:06 PMPosted by Turudd
Im having fun with prot spec. I may not do huge amounts of damage but i feel like i do put out quite a bit still.

Um...Holy Paladins can be Survivability and Support...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I PvP Prot'd in Wrath and up to patch 4.1, and was a god in PvP. Post 4.1, had no real choice but to drop my PvP Prot spec for a Ret spce, as Prot is just not a viable spec for PvP ... at the moment. We'll see what 4.3 brings us, with active midigation in addition to vengeance.

Gearing wise, you want to go with the plate dps pieces with crit, and above anything with haste (no benefit for Prot). You also want all of your gear to be PvP gear to maximize your resiliance. Gem for Resil > Strength > Hit. Enchant for Resil > Strength > Crit (except for chest, as the +to all stats enchant is better than the resil enchant if you can get it). Reforge for Hit to 5% and Expertise to at least 26 (softcap with glyph, 30 total without glyph is best and frees up a primary glyph slot). Best professions for PvP'ing as Prot are JC (best stat buff) and Tailoring (1000 AP back enchant is like having a second landslide).

The first piece of epic PvP gear you should aim to get is the shield (Titanium Plating enchant, for the 60% reduced chance to be disarmed), then the non-sword 1hander (Landslide if you can, Avalanche is you can't). I'd advise going with a strength proc trinket over a strength on-use trinket (better up-time), and always get the resil medalion for on-use "get out of being locked-down" trinket.

As to spec, Clarkent on darkspear is probably the best PvP Prot pally, and both of his two specs are optimized for PvP (just pick one, they are both good).

If you do all that, all I can say is good luck. You'll need it.

SJ
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Holy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm ret my normal arena team is around 1900, and I can say to you if you want to do well in pvp as a paladin, forgetting what you want or like or think you wish... if only you could have... The BEST pvp spec is only one spec and one alone.

That my friend is Holy spec.

everything else is a lie, or opinions of those who are not in the "know"
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Whatever you're good at. Unless it's prot, prot is awful in PvP.
Edited by Sarinis on 9/18/2011 1:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
this thread is from january guys -_-
Reply Quote
67 Goblin Shaman
09/18/2011 01:16 AMPosted by Tomac
this thread is from january guys -_-

And the correct answer now is exactly the same as it was then.

Frost.
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Paladin
prot is good for some situations in pvp. a prot paladin in holy gear would be scary.
just think of a tank resto tree:) saim thing with prot in ret gear....tank with insain damage;3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]