Soloing Molten Core...

(Locked)

1 Gnome Warrior
At what level can a warlock solo Molten Core? What are the best pet and spec for doing it?
90 Undead Warlock
You can solo Molten Core at around 80 ish or so as regular PVE Demo. When the 4.0.1 patch and class changes came I was soloing the place with ease.

Felguard is the pet to have bar none. For Ragnaros however, Affliction is better since he is fire immune though even as demo he will easily drop before he summons sons.
85 Undead Warlock
Come patch you will want to go affliction.

Granted MC is cake... but some fights can take awhile and will require life tapping.

Come patch, Fel armour will forsake us (even the current 3% of total direct damage spells). It will not out heal your life tappage let alone any damage you take. Drain life is pretty pitiful to (it may give you life, but your dps will be meh). It probably won't outheal a boss wailing on you and tapping (our pets have lost a LOT of threat).

In a raid or dungeon, healers will heal you, and ATM you don't realise just how much that fel armour is actually healing you for. Come patch you will realse.... go affliction.
85 Orc Warlock
Last time I played, MC was the most difficult content in the game. So I must ask, what is the current benefit of soloing MC? Just for fun?

85 Undead Warlock
Money (although there are better sources)
Fun
Nostalgia
Long shot at netting yourself a Thunderfury (if you put the time and money in)
Collect the best old skool RP set for walking around in town (the demonic clown).
90 Undead Warlock
80ish, with decent gear, makes it soloable. 85 with Hit cap gear makes it laughable.

I actually prefer Affliction as of late. Never having to worry about pulling threat is nice, and there isn't a boss in there that is actually threatening anymore.
87 Worgen Warlock
The boss before Garr was not soloable for me at level 80 because of the health regen curse. There was a way to kill it in the old affliction and syphon life with playing around with porting and jumping in the lava to make then path but it took a lot of time. I also couldn t kill the giant with the two dogs whose name eludes me atm.

Otherwise yeah felguard all the way for all other bosses
Edited by Monsoon on 1/16/2011 3:22 PM PST
85 Troll Warlock
How does one actually solo MC? It's a raid instance. Even if one is attuned, doesn't one have to be in a group?
90 Gnome Warlock
I solo'd MC at 80 with just pve gear not to hard at all.
85 Troll Warlock
How do you get in, though? I tried to enter (via the blood elf in BRD) and received a message about "cannot do that on normal difficulty." A quick Internet scan suggested that one needs to be in a raid to get into MC without receiving the error message. If I could pull together a group to run MC, then I would not be trying to solo it. Obviously, I am attuned, so that should not be the problem. How do you get by the raid requirement?
90 Undead Warlock
02/17/2011 4:39 AMPosted by Malific
How do you get in, though? I tried to enter (via the blood elf in BRD) and received a message about "cannot do that on normal difficulty." A quick Internet scan suggested that one needs to be in a raid to get into MC without receiving the error message. If I could pull together a group to run MC, then I would not be trying to solo it. Obviously, I am attuned, so that should not be the problem. How do you get by the raid requirement?

Have a friend log on an alt, invite them to a group, convert to raid, have them log off and go back to whatever they were doing, enter dungeon.
70 Troll Warlock

91 Blood Elf Warlock
80 in ICC gear solo with this lock

My son on his 80 Disc priest in ICC gear had MC on solo farming. Was much easier that way because of the healing and damage adsorption.I did it as a lock but wasn't nearly as easy as on a priest. This was pre-cata I am talking of. Also keep in mind that MC has a lot of fire immune NPC.

You get in by joining a group, converting to raid then walk in by your self and start punking mobs
Edited by Hellynn on 2/17/2011 7:08 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
i was soloing it at 81, its much easier at 82 and 83, the hardest fight will be baron gheddon.

but it can be done (as a warlock)
Edited by Yesimdruish on 2/17/2011 9:29 AM PST
85 Troll Warlock
Ouch! I began soloing MC last night and had a heck of a time with the bosses. Downed 3/10 before going to bed.

I was doing about 7500 dps with felguard, but fel armor was not providing sufficient healing. I noticed that my mythical healing potions were only healing for ~5000 (instead of ~20000), and I am an alchemist. Would I be better served speccing affliction instead of demonology? Aff has better healing but has pet issues. I could run with the succubus, but she's going to get hit and will not last. Even with aff's superior healing capabilities, I am not sure I could down Gar (stone golem boss). Going balls out last night, I barely scratched him.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I went and solo'd it last night as Demo and a few bosses gave me a hard time but more just bc I didn't know things about the boss. I died from falling dmg against Baron but 2nd time I positioned myself better. And I died on the boss with the Corehound pets that heal when near him. I tried to kill adds first and was only 1/2 paying attention and didn't realize right away that i wasnt gaining any ground. Overall I did get the feeling affliction would be easier and that is not just the self healing but also bc so much in MC is immune to fire damage.
85 Gnome Warlock
I personally find Affliction easiest for me to solo. Just remember that these bosses need 17% hit, like all bosses....or plan on having many misses.

Destro is not viable due to many having fire immunity.

I'm almost exalted with them :)
Edited by Marci on 2/18/2011 5:18 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]