Where is expert riding trainer?

67 Undead Rogue
I have had this game for over 3 years and all I ever wanted was to hit 60 so I could fly. And I finally did and now I tried to train and I cant find a flight trainer anywhere. I only have the original game but I thought I remembered people flying around when I first started playing years ago. Does anyone know the answer to why I cant fly.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Warrior
I've never had only the classic game.... but shouldn't the main riding trainer in UC have that for you?
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
You need BC for Outland flying, and Cataclysm for old world flying. In order to have Cataclysm, you need WOTLK
Reply Quote
67 Undead Rogue
I learned at level 20, and 40, from the guy in Brill. But now theirs nothing left to train, I opened a in game ticket and 4 days later the guy responded with, "its the same trainer you went to before :)" and that was it. Well That didn't work...
Reply Quote
67 Undead Rogue
So your trying to tell me 3 years of trying to hit 60 to fly, and now I have to spend 100 dollars more just to fly. How can they get away with this. Haven't I paid enough just to fly.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Warrior
Ah. See Wulfie's post.... As I said, I've never had only the classic game. Looks like if you want to fly you'll have to upgrade to BC at least.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The trainer by the flight point in Orgimar has all the training for Horde but yes you need to expansions for that "content"
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
01/12/2011 6:26 PMPosted by Povy
So your trying to tell me 3 years of trying to hit 60 to fly, and now I have to spend 100 dollars more just to fly. How can they get away with this. Haven't I paid enough just to fly.

Everyone else had to pay it.

Its part of the expansions. Not vanilla
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
So your trying to tell me 3 years of trying to hit 60 to fly,

Three years ago, you had to be level 70 to fly.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin

Not really. You will only need the Burning Crusade expansion to buy the ability to fly, and that will only allow you to fly in Outland. You will need Cataclysm to fly in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, which in turn, requires Wrath of the Lich King.

This is because the ability to fly is a feature of the Burning Crusade expansion. It's the same as being able to create a Blood Elf or Draenai character. You can do so only if you have the expansion.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Warrior
01/12/2011 6:32 PMPosted by Madisón

Not really. You will only need the Burning Crusade expansion to buy the ability to fly, and that will only allow you to fly in Outland. You will need Cataclysm to fly in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, which in turn, requires Wrath of the Lich King.

This is because the ability to fly is a feature of the Burning Crusade expansion. It's the same as being able to create a Blood Elf or Draenai character. You can do so only if you have the expansion.

Well, I think you have to have Cata to fly in Azeroth except for Northrend - which requires WotLK....
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest

It wouldn't take 100 dollars to fly. Upgrading to Burning Crusade would let you learn to fly, but you would be limited to Outlands for that. Even when you started working toward 60 those years ago, you would have had to upgrade to Burning Crusade to fly.

Only this last December did it become possible to fly in Azeroth - and that ability remains limited to those with the Cataclysm expansion that added it.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
01/12/2011 6:34 PMPosted by Jaelythe

Well, I think you have to have Cata to fly in Azeroth except for Northrend - which requires WotLK....

Crap.

Forgot that.

I'm dumb
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
01/12/2011 6:34 PMPosted by Jaelythe

Yes, my post says that. Were you simply quoting me for emphasis, or did I not explain it clearly? I'm a little sleepy, so I may have muddied the waters at bit...
Edited by Madisón on 1/12/2011 6:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Warrior
01/12/2011 6:38 PMPosted by Madisón

Yes, my post says that. Were you simply quoting me for emphasis, or did I not explain it clearly? I'm a little sleepy, so I may have muddied the waters at bit...

Nope.... I misread you actually.... Sorry! I'm not sleepy, but muddled is sometimes my middle name....
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
01/12/2011 6:41 PMPosted by Jaelythe
Nope.... I misread you actually.... Sorry! I'm not sleepy, but muddled is sometimes my middle name....

Gotcha! No worries! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]