New Player Tips - What Next?

(Locked)

20 Blood Elf Rogue
at 84jeep@gmail.com
20 Blood Elf Mage
sup anybody that can give me a pet than you must be under level 15 and you must be on a non free trail and i will grant you levels until you are level 20.
20 Blood Elf Mage
sup
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/11/2011 11:33 AMPosted by Tyestor
sup anybody that can give me a pet than you must be under level 15 and you must be on a non free trail and i will grant you levels until you are level 20.

What? This offer doesn't make any sense, how does someone give you a pet? Unless you are talking about the in-game non-combat companion pets, in which case you just go to the AH and buy one there or visit a vendor that sells the one you want.

Also, the only way to grant levels is through RaF, and this is not the forum for that. Recruiting of any kind is not allowed in this forum, let alone a sticky whose topic has nothing to do with your post.

09/11/2011 11:54 AMPosted by Tyestor
sup

Don't bump your posts. This is a slow moving forum and is not necessary. The reason why no one (besides me 5 hrs later) has responded to your post is because it's in a sticky which most of the regulars here don't pay attention to. Stickies don't typically have new posts made in them. Make your own thread in this forum when you have a question about the game. Make your own thread in a different forum (guild recruitment or your realm's forum) when you are recruiting people to help you in-game with content.
Edited by Avanna on 9/11/2011 5:25 PM PDT
80 Blood Elf Hunter
hey, can anyone answer me this?: i have a lvl 20 blood elf hunter (this) and i want to join a guild (but im trial) and i have a forsaken warlock in a guild called "Curse of the Forsaken" people continuously say "You are trial, you cant join us" but i have a trial in a guild....why is this happening (realm: Quel'thelas)
85 Orc Death Knight
09/17/2011 09:20 PMPosted by Gasmine
hey, can anyone answer me this?: i have a lvl 20 blood elf hunter (this) and i want to join a guild (but im trial) and i have a forsaken warlock in a guild called "Curse of the Forsaken" people continuously say "You are trial, you cant join us" but i have a trial in a guild....why is this happening (realm: Quel'thelas)

Hm.... very curious.... I'm not quite sure what it could be...
Edited by Krøg on 9/18/2011 2:34 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/17/2011 09:20 PMPosted by Gasmine
i want to join a guild (but im trial) and i have a forsaken warlock in a guild called "Curse of the Forsaken" people continuously say "You are trial, you cant join us" but i have a trial in a guild

If your warlock is on the same WoW account and you are sure you're on a trial, then it shouldn't have been able to join the guild. It could have been a momentary glitch that was occurring with the game servers that let you join, but trials aren't supposed to be able to do that.
2 Troll Hunter
Hey guys..... I just wanted to say that I took a trial of this game last year during WOTLK expansion and i did not got time to play but now I decided to join back...... believe me what my friends told "PLEASE DON'T PAY FOR THIS GAME" I asked them why as I took a trial I liked it I wanna play and they said Blizz had screwed everything............ is that so I replied and one of my friend told me that blizz has killed the game what it was in WOTLK is not now it is much easier and booooooooring ??!!!!!!!!!??? Is That So?? PLZ REPLY
Edited by Akbirtlek on 10/5/2011 7:50 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue
I asked them why as I took a trial I liked it I wanna play and they said Blizz had screwed everything............ is that so I replied and one of my friend told me that blizz has killed the game what it was in WOTLK is not now it is much easier and booooooooring ??!!!!!!!!!??? Is That So?? PLZ REPLY

People have been saying that for YEARS. Every time ANY change is made, every major patch, every major expansion, some small (but very loud) group of people start decreeing that Blizzard ruined WoW and WoW is dying. It even happened when WoW was originally released 6ish years ago. See Blizzard had an "open beta" test phase where players chosen in a lottery could play the game and test it out before the game was released for sale. Some of the Open Beta people started complaining when WoW was released, claiming that WoW was ruined forever. And yet here the game is 6+ years later with 11 million subscribers.

Over the years people have come and gone from the game, quitting for any number of reasons, some never come back, others return over time. Sometimes people complain about anything and everything just to have something to complain about and never actually quit.

Now, will you like it? Who knows, get the trial (it's free and has no time limit now) and see for yourself. The game has changed in many ways over the years, but since the new player today can't play the game as it was in the past, and no one but Blizzard knows how it will change in the future (and even they only know as far as the next expansion), please evaluate it for what it is now.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Hab eine Nachricht bekommen, dass ich auf der seite <bad link removed> meinen account best?tigen soll. Wollte nachfragen ob diese domain offiziel von blizzard ist und kein fake. Stimmt etwas mit meinem Account nicht, falls es eine offizielle Nachricht ist?
Mein WoW-Account wurde gehackt! Wie wiederherstellen?
Es tut mir leid Ich bin so aufgeregt, ich brauche Ihre Hilfe.

It is a FAKE! Do not go to that site, your account will be stolen if you do.
If you did go to that site, call CUSTOMER SERVICE right away.

And please, for our understanding, use English or at least
http://translate.google.com/#de|en|

I only understood your post because of the fake url it included. For something much less obvious, you won't get very far typing in German on this site.

42 Undead Warrior
whats the best talent for a warrior to start off with any advice would be helpfull ty
85 Night Elf Druid
11/10/2011 04:06 PMPosted by Deadstinch
whats the best talent for a warrior to start off with any advice would be helpfull ty

Make a thread to ask questions instead of posting in a sticky.
10 Night Elf Hunter
Hmm, guess I cant ask questions here either huh? LOL...
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/17/2011 04:33 PMPosted by Shemma
Hmm, guess I cant ask questions here either huh? LOL...

In this thread, No. In this Forum, Yes. Just make your own thread.
86 Blood Elf Rogue
Here's a tip new players will probably not see anywhere else : if you try WoW and like it, have time to play it for a while, and you're not in a rush to hit level cap, try playing the game one expansion at a time for maximum story experience. What I mean is, you have to do this to a certain degree to level, but it is possible to skip whole zones, quests, dungeons, and raids, especially when near the next expansion's start (i.e. level 58, 68, etc). So if you don't care you won't miss out, but if you want full immersion, try the longer approach.

This is actually a bit difficult nowadays when it comes to old raids, and anything with group requirements, but you will get bored at end level waaaaay later if you take the slow route and attempt to earn achievements and items at the designated level. Instead, most people cheat with high level help, or hit current level cap then go back and do it when it's too easy. But you can look for "classic" guilds on a few different realms for classic raiding (preferably who don't twink) or just like-minded players here and there for dungeons and quests. You can always skip ahead after attempting this if it isn't working out.
Edited by Darkclam on 12/1/2011 3:40 PM PST
45 Blood Elf Warrior
Hello All.

I just got a full WOW account and am enjoying the game immensely, but still a neophyte. The beginners guide in the WOW Battle Chest was a good start, but lacks an important element I think would make a good guide - PVP.

I've searched for beginner PVP guides that explain desirable traits/skills/equipment, but most deal with a specific class and assume some decent knowledge of WOW. I had the same PVP curve in Diablo 2, but that was a lot less complicated. Does anybody know a General PVP guide covering the basics, especially for low level characters? I've had offers to duel in WOW, but they've all come from characters 10 + levels higher than me, which would make for a short fight!

Thanks for any advice you can give.
85 Night Elf Druid
11/28/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Aztheroth
Thanks for any advice you can give.

11/10/2011 06:31 PMPosted by Icedragon
Make a thread to ask questions instead of posting in a sticky.
2 Night Elf Hunter
Where do I find a list of keystrokes that will tell me how to move, how to fight, and how to physically get around in this game????? This is THE most frustrating game I have ever come across!!!!! All of you may be experts who were born knowing all of the keystrokes. But, I am an ordinary human who was curious about the game and wanted to try it out. The keystrokes should be among the first instructions displayed on beginner pages! I think I'll find something constructive to do with my time!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]