Official Eonar Aeonaxx Thread!

85 Draenei Hunter
I've been camping him since the servers reset last Tuesday and nothing. Reigns are not linkable. I am currently in Deepholm waiting and will let you all know if anything stirs.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I was camping it yesterday for most of the day. Definitely had a couple other folks hanging around with me :P
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Nothing as of yet and it is currently 6am CST.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yep, I camped all day yesterday and got nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Still campin'.

Still nothin'
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Nothing for what seems like two weeks now. Very very strange.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yeah I was camping all day every day for about a week and a half and nothing, I've slowed down the camping but I'm sure he'll turn up for someone soon!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Came home and just saw that the reigns are now linkable.
Edited by Elwampa on 2/19/2011 1:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Yup. Reins linkable for the first time in 22 days.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
does that mean someone got him?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
like 99% possible that someone got him. only other reasons they could be linkable is because someone had the mount in their bags and logged on, or they have an old outdated version of Atlas loot that caused the reins to be cached. I'm thinking that he was killed though because it's been 22 days since the reins were even cached. No one has confirmed a kill on alliance side for sure though.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Aeonaxx spawn picked up on npcscan at 2:47am server time. I was afk when he spawned, unsure of who killed him.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Aeonaxx confirmed spawn and kill at 11:45 Server time. I can confirm this cause I finally got him! :) He spawned just east of the Stonecore entrance, height was slightly higher than the entrance itself. Been camping him from 12/28/10-2/24/11. So good luck to you all! Here is a copy of the script you can use to check if the reins are linkable after a server reset/restart.

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Shift-click this to place a link into a chat message: \124cffa335ee\124Hitem:63042:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake]\124h\124r");
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Congrats Ace, I don't know anyone who has put in as much time to find Aeonaxx. You definately deserve this one. Way to show off some patience and persistence. You also dished out a good bit of info to those around you, and for that I thank you. I hope all of us waiting patiently in the hole in the ground will someday be as lucky.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Grats man! I am glad to see that you were finally able to bag Aeonaxx. :-D Stop by sometime and show off your new drake for us. :-)
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
He spawned for me today at 6.40am server time at the spawn point directly north of the Temple of Earth, just below the height of the entrance to Stonecore. There wasn't much competition for him because it was so early so I guess I was lucky, have been camping his spawns for around 9 days I think. Good luck to the rest of you camping for him!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
yea, i saw that damn drake twice in the first week of launch, but i had no clue what it was. I just thought it was another friendly elite npc that didnt want me dead like the giants roaming around there. Then discovered that if you talk to it, you can fight it for a mount. Thoroughly kicked myself in the ass for that.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
grats on the mount ace! well deserved it seems! let's not let this thread die :D
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Finally got this awesome mount. Spawned March 14th at 10:12am west of the Stonecore entrance at ground level. Very happy to leave Deepholm. Good luck to everyone still on the hunt.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
grats hezz. you've been there freak'n forever, you deserve it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]