Is the Divine Plea penalty an oversight?

85 Draenei Paladin
Paladins received the Divine Plea 50% healing reduction last expansion, when it was too good at regenerating mana.

However, with Mortal Strike sources reduced to 10%, how has the Divine Plea healing reduction remained at 50% without anyone saying anything?

Granted, I understand Divine Plea is getting a buff next patch, but I still think that the healing reduction should be in line with the Mortal Strike debuffs, and reduce healing by the paladin by 10%.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Because Divine Plea=/=mortal strike....
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/17/2011 5:30 AMPosted by Lifex
Because Divine Plea=/=mortal strike....

haha exactly, if anything you should make a comparison between innervate and divine plea.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
or you could use Wings which would decrease healing by only 30%....

just sayin, when there's a will there's a way!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Edited by Lifex on 1/17/2011 5:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I just wanted to say how much I hate everyone for laughing at me when I post stuff days before anyone else does.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Well, I've played all the healing classes, and the so far Pallys are the only ones with a MS debuff for thier mana regen ability.
Lets see... Shamans get Mana tide(no MS)
Priests get Hymm of hope... as well as Disper.(no MS)
Druids... other then the useless Intervate(no MS)

But lets keep screwing pallys, Oh wait we have Judge... Oh wait it uses our Global CD for healing spells... uhh Anyways, Just pointing out the MS debuff that only1 of the 4 classes have. Happy Wowing... lol
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/25/2011 4:16 PMPosted by Zertul
Well, I've played all the healing classes, and the so far Pallys are the only ones with a MS debuff for thier mana regen ability.
Lets see... Shamans get Mana tide(no MS)
Priests get Hymm of hope... as well as Disper.(no MS)
Druids... other then the useless Intervate(no MS)

But lets keep screwing pallys, Oh wait we have Judge... Oh wait it uses our Global CD for healing spells... uhh Anyways, Just pointing out the MS debuff that only1 of the 4 classes have. Happy Wowing... lol

Quick correction on your theory. Priests have to channel hymm of hope (no casting) and dispersion is a shadow priest ability which also prevents any casting.

Pallies actually have the best overall mana returns of all 4 classes.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/25/2011 3:43 PMPosted by Situational
I just wanted to say how much I hate everyone for laughing at me when I post stuff days before anyone else does.

Except this concern came up in the beginning of 4.0, the beginning of 4.0.3, and all throughout the beta. You aren't the first person to mention this, and people are giving you a hard time for comparing two completely different abilities. Try comparing innervate and divine plea, like was suggested above.
Reply Quote
If it were an oversight, they'd be leaving the duration at 15 seconds instead of shortening it to only 9. There'd be absolutely no need to shorten the duration if they intended to remove the debuff that comes with.

Personally, I only use it when I don't have to heal as much and save my other cds for other moments. I'll use it more after the next patch when it doesn't suck.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/26/2011 11:13 PMPosted by Carbonic
That would have to be a lie, when looking at the logs for mana all the other healer have over all gotten 20% more mana. So if Pally has best returns then why are we at bottom of mana return logs?

Where are these logs? Lets see some links.
Reply Quote
01/17/2011 5:50 AMPosted by Shodz

Unless my math is wrong, I believe it should be 40% healing reduction with wings up during plea.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
01/26/2011 11:18 PMPosted by Jondoe

Except this concern came up in the beginning of 4.0, the beginning of 4.0.3, and all throughout the beta. You aren't the first person to mention this, and people are giving you a hard time for comparing two completely different abilities. Try comparing innervate and divine plea, like was suggested above.

I wasn't around for those, so I apologize if it has been brought up before. I quit the game for a while, and then came back when Cataclysm was already live. I just didn't see any posts about it in the first several pages, so I thought it was something people didn't care or forgot about.

I brought up Mortal Strike because I believe it was what gave rise to the decision to apply a 50% debuff to Divine Plea at the time it was implemented. I had already assumed that everyone else knew that no other healer had healing reduction penalties, so I didn't bother making a list of the abilities of the other healers and comparing them with Divine Plea.

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/17/2011 5:50 AMPosted by Shodz

or if you're a JC, use the spell trinket that gives 1700+sp for 20sec to decrease its penalty even more :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
the only time DP is good is when you time it with a potion of concentration.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/27/2011 11:29 AMPosted by Superficial
the only time DP is good is when you time it with a potion of concentration.

Either you're being carried through raids or you're not using Divine Plea as often as you could by timing it with a 10 second break (only breaks of that length I can think of would be reg Halfus after 50% and reg Magmaw).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/27/2011 7:26 AMPosted by Gadhelyn

Unless my math is wrong, I believe it should be 40% healing reduction with wings up during plea.

Exactly... using wings during plea is kind of pointless.

1* 0.5 *1.2 = 0.6 (60% healing output with wings and plea).

Luckily, you aren't solo healing everything and can depend on your other healers to pick up your slack for a short time if you communicate with them well in conjunction with finding a period of low damage to use DP.

I managed to get 2 pleas off on our Heroic Halfus kill last night, and our other paladin got one off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]