OldSchoolers of Gilneas

90 Human Warrior
Anyone remember Noobsrager?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Infereh !!!! are you fing kidding me!!! <== vondeuche ... i just started playing again also hit me up
Reply Quote
5 Dwarf Rogue
where's ishtarius?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Euronymous here. Glad to see there are still some people from Excel/Ascendent and Beyond around.
Edited by Meanwhile on 5/29/2012 11:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
<--- Primerib.

Just thought to myself "huh, wonder what's going on back on Gilneas." Now I know!
Reply Quote
76 Tauren Warrior
/moo...use to do that to pretty much everyone back in the vanilla days.
A bit late for this thread but just came back to WoW. This char and my priest Kroztonic(now on Shattered Hand) were my mains back in vanilla, then my lock Krozymodo in TBC. Raided with Lords of Honor in both. Wrath hardly played really
Reply Quote
Dudlee is truly a evil man. eatin puppies n !@#$.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
07/02/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Decaran
Dudlee is truly a evil man. eatin puppies n !@#$.

RUDE. I happen to think Dudlee is an upstanding member of society.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
HAI!!!

RAID INC peeps still around?
Reply Quote
5 Dwarf Rogue
Holla to any peeps from End of Legends, Laughing Stock, To Be Determined, Cash Money, Raid Inc., Dark Hand of Chaos, Chaotic Tomb...
Edited by Youranoob on 7/5/2012 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The game is just not the same anymore. Got scrolled after years off, so different.
Reply Quote
Only a few worthwhile people mentioning <beyond> and how they were leagues ahead of storm for most of the meaningful game. Dale could never put together a consistent group.

The majority of you peasants actually think that CA or, and I can't believe I read this, ascendant was the greatest guild of days gone by.

Thank god I quit this game when I did.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Many of the guilds have had a time to shine. Most of the early stuff was primal order. Storm, Excel, and Beyond traded off on progress after that for a fair while. I seem to remember that Cash Money did really well when AQ came out, but fell apart very fast. I know beyond was ahead in Naxx for most of that, plus they were the first to actually go back and complete it. This server has or has had people with enough ego to fill an entire guild roster by themselves, so getting along and playing nice hasn't ever really been an option.

The game is dying fast. I'd rather turn on a DS than hog my net connection to play pokemon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Only a few worthwhile people mentioning <beyond> and how they were leagues ahead of storm for most of the meaningful game. Dale could never put together a consistent group.

The majority of you peasants actually think that CA or, and I can't believe I read this, ascendant was the greatest guild of days gone by.

Thank god I quit this game when I did.

Gilneas has and always was trash. Talking about the "best" of Gilneas is like saying the king of garbage hill. There were plenty of cool people, but anyone worth playing with for the sake of actually getting anywhere in the game left the server and for good reason.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
[quote]Gilneas has and always was trash. Talking about the "best" of Gilneas is like saying the king of garbage hill. There were plenty of cool people, but anyone worth playing with for the sake of actually getting anywhere in the game left the server and for good reason.

Well certainly Gilneas has never been the server to be on if you wanted PVE progression. However with the knowledge that most raid encounters are figured out on the PTR and mastered there. People clearing the zone that first week the content is on the live servers seems somehow less amazing. But as you said, I believe that all the people who only wanted progression went off server and did that.

I do fondly remember the old days of 40 man raids. We did it without voice communications in Beyond. What were we smoking? I am very glad I got to play with the people I did. They made the game much more enjoyable than it otherwise would have been.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
07/09/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Badcowpun

Never said we were the greatest. Just a lot of people remember all the peeps that we had in the guild at one point or another. Seems to me that we were basicly the start point for a lot of people. Joined us and after a while, they went to Beyond, Storm, Sparda, CA, wherever. We had a couple of high points as a guild(not terrible for the .5 guild eh Mistyeyed?) but so many people were a member at some point it seems and folks here are just giving shoutouts to some oldies.

We started dying a slow death at about 1/2 through BC and finally died after Mimiron in Ulduar after 2 failed guild mergers. Thanks to Veit for getting Excel back so we oldies had a place to retire too. Just Squid and I mostly now though and not sure if we'll see anyone back for MoP =(
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
07/12/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Healindria
I am very glad I got to play with the people I did. They made the game much more enjoyable than it otherwise would have been.

Absolutely, I met a lot of really great and fun people on little Gilneas. Even more so than people I met on other heavily populated servers.

I just think it's silly when Gilneas players go on crazy bragging essays about who did what, and who beat who. It's silly in general to do that in a video game, but when it's on Gilneas it's just ludicrous.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Off server? Been there, done that - all I got was crazy gear. Gilneas is home to my favorite people.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
07/21/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Buckybadger
Off server? Been there, done that - all I got was crazy gear. Gilneas is home to my favorite people.

Well said :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]