Can't complete Up to Snuff!

86 Troll Hunter
I started the quest "Up to Snuff" in the Cape of Stranglethorn and did a few more quests at the same time. Eventually I realized that I couldn't kill the Bloodsail Buccaneers to receive Snuff because they were green. Is there any way I can make them enemies again to finish off this quest?
Reply Quote
56 Troll Priest
Go to your character window and open the Reputation Tab.
Highlight /click on tha Bloodsail Buccaneers bar , this will open a small window where you can check "At War" for this faction (the same window where you can check "show reputation as xp bar" if that helps)
You will of cause lose your reputation with them :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
He may be in the section of Cape questing where he infiltrates the Buccaneers and does several quests for them, and they are supposed to be friendly - I would not check At War with them if that is the case.

That is a temporary condition and after the zone is mostly done you will be able to attack the pirates again as desired. I guess they intended people to complete Snuff prior to joining the Buccaneers.
Reply Quote
56 Troll Priest
He may be in the section of Cape questing where he infiltrates the Buccaneers and does several quests for them, and they are supposed to be friendly - I would not check At War with them if that is the case.That is a temporary condition and after the zone is mostly done you will be able to attack the pirates again as desired. I guess they intended people to complete Snuff prior to joining the Buccaneers.

Oh, hope that i did not ruin that for him :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I am having this same problem. I don't have any other Cape quests in progress besides Up To Snuff and Keep An Eye Out. Both these quests require I attack the Buccaneers to retrieve the items I need, but I cannot do so because the Bucs are green . "At War" is already checked on the Rep tab, so I'm not even able to tinker with that. Can anyone offer any help?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Same problem here.

I am at a measly 35/60 in the Cape of Stranglethorn Quests achievement. I've looked everywhere for missing quests. I have checked every quest giver in the zone. ...and at this point, I have completed all other "Quests" achievements in Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Outland, Northrend ... and all but the couple "daily" based achievements in the Cataclysm line.

At the moment, I have the following three quests in progress:
- Up To Snuff
- Keep An Eye Out
- Details of the Attack

Each of these require that I attack the Bloodsail (which I grudgingly will do because I currently carry "The Insane" title) ... however, like the previous posters, I cannot seem to declare "war" with them!

Please help - any advice?
Reply Quote
Sounds like you have the quest to co-operate with the bloodsails but haven't completed that set of subquests, once you get to a point in that chain the bloodsail attack BB and become KOS to you again.
Reply Quote
Same problem here.

I am at a measly 35/60 in the Cape of Stranglethorn Quests achievement. I've looked everywhere for missing quests. I have checked every quest giver in the zone. ...and at this point, I have completed all other "Quests" achievements in Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Outland, Northrend ... and all but the couple "daily" based achievements in the Cataclysm line.

At the moment, I have the following three quests in progress:
- Up To Snuff
- Keep An Eye Out
- Details of the Attack

Each of these require that I attack the Bloodsail (which I grudgingly will do because I currently carry "The Insane" title) ... however, like the previous posters, I cannot seem to declare "war" with them!

Please help - any advice?

Finish details of the attack. its part of a larger chain.
the other two are dead ends.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Finish details of the attack. its part of a larger chain.
the other two are dead ends.

I'd love to - how?

The problem for me is that the quest requires that I kill 8 x Bloodsail Sea Dogs and 8 x Bloodsail Elder Magus ... and they are friendly to me ... and I cannot seem to declare "war" with the Bloodsail Buccaneers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Still having no luck. I've completed 41/60 in the Cape of Stranglethorn quest line, but I can't find any other quests outside of "Keep An Eye Out" and "Up To Snuff," both of which I cannot complete because I am not able to attack the Bloodsail Buccaneers. I have tried abandoning the quests and accessing them again, but to no avail.

Is there any way possible this error can be fixed so that I am able to complete the remaining quests in the region?

Gavelic, it sounds like we're having the same problem. Been hunting for a solution to this for weeks now and have had no luck whatsoever.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
You may want to try grouping with someoen who can kill them. He does the kills, and see if you can get the drops.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Great suggestion ...
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Just to clarify, Gavelic's problem is not exactly the same as that of the OP or the later replier.

A new toon questing normally through Cape of STV will be naturally hostile to the pirates but will become "friends" with them (nothing to do with reputation) as part of the questing. During this time they cannot do the side-quests for Snuff or One-Eye if they had not done them first before making friends with the pirates. This is not a big deal, you eventually stop being friends with them and can finsih off those last two dead-end quests.

Gavelic has a subtly issue which is that he actually has high reputation with the pirates from earlier activity. It will have the same symptoms but not the same simple fix. I have not personally ever raised pirate rep so I can't say for sure what is supposed to happen there, but I can't imagine Blizzard forgot that you could be and you certainly aren't the only Bloodsail player to go back and re-do the new Cape quests. So I would have expected just going At War with them to work :/

For Alefgard, if you are still stuck, I suspect you lost track of the pirates' quests after you had become friends with them by turning in the fake Tauren head. You need to work out where you lost that chain to get back on it. I would recommend looking around the three pirate ships in the very south part of the zone. There are multiple quests there and you need to finish all of them to proceed.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Hunter
Having this same problem as well but hilariously enough, my explosive trap can still kill them for quest credit and loot, despite everything else giving the invalid target message.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Well - I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that a guildmate was happy to help kill pirates with me, and I was able to complete the three quests that were holding me back:
- Up To Snuff
- Keep An Eye Out
- Details of the Attack

...this put me to 38 quests and I was able to do the next 20 on my own. At 58/60 and with two quests left in my quest log, I was rather excited at the prospect of finally completing my quests:
- Turning the Brashtide
- The Damsel's (Bad) Luck

So the bad news? These two quests again require me to kill the Bloodsail. Yes, they still love me. No, I cannot declare war. Moreover, the quests *phase* Booty Bay so that my guild cannot immediately help without having an alt stop to complete 58 quests "real quick".

LOL. <curses the Cape>
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
02/19/2011 10:49 AMPosted by Alpacaa
Having this same problem as well but hilariously enough, my explosive trap can still kill them for quest credit and loot, despite everything else giving the invalid target message.

And thank you for the final hint. I was able to attack them with [Holy Nova]. This was especially helpful in the subsequent quest that I also did [Bloodsail's End] where Fleet Master Firallon was friendly, was able to attack me, and this was the only spell that I was able to defend myself with (he was green / friendly even while attacking). Neat.
Edited by Gavelic on 2/20/2011 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanx Thrugg you hit it on the head went back out to the 3 ships and found quests
Reply Quote
im having the same problem but switched. right now im at war with the bloodsail pirates and i cant do the quest [Your First Day as a Pirate] because my reputation with the bloodsail pirates is listed as Hated. can someone please tell me how to gain good rep back with the bloodsail pirates so i can do those quests?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Not as big a problem as you might think. That quest chain should give you a buff that makes you temporarily friendly with the pirates. I don't remember what point you get the buff at, but it will stay with you until you've completed that quest chain.
Reply Quote
but ive done all the quest that i can do in the cape of STV and i cant get any quest from the pirates
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]