Going Walkabout: A Tanking Movement Guide

(Sticky)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am new to WOW, I just learned how to straf from the beginners guide. Thank you for these articles to illustrate the importance of getting good at it. I am trying to learn how to be the best tank I can be and this was extremely helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Nice Post, I will try starfing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
So I recently came back to WoW after a 2 year break from everything internet.

Changed servers and changed the name a little but I am looking at doing a little bit of revision in the guide to get her to be fantastic.

Gonna take some of the previous suggestions about what to put/change in the guide but if anyone wants to say anything I am looking over this again.

Also thanks for the re-sticky with the x-pac, nice to see that the work I put into this is appreciated.
Edited by Jéy on 11/1/2013 4:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Druid
Welcome back! One thing I'd like to mention, if you're not planning on keyboard turning and want to use Q and E (very convenient keybinds) then re-bind A and D to strafe. S should also be re-bound for non-tanks in my opinion, tanks still need it sometimes for positioning though of course.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you so much for this guide! I am excited to realize that I already do some of these things - I learned to strafe to keep an eye on things as a healer (shammy) and I strafe all of the time now. Your tips help me visualize tank movement perfectly... it's just what I needed.

Keep up the awesome work and welcome back!
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Paladin
Hey Jey, thank you for going to all that effort its very much appreciated, being new to wow its kinda daunting coming into such a huge new (for me) game and trying to continue my good streak of tanking across the other games ive played. Tho pally seems pretty straight forward but its rly great someone has gone to the trouble to help out with the smaller and (seemingly) more basic stuff and i think you have saved me some potential nasty comments in the future lol nothin worse than bein called a paper tank lol

anyways thanks very much and ty also to the other guys who added comments. i dont have many friends in wow yet ive only been here a couple days but im liking it here already and kinda wondering why i never made the move earlier lol anyways thanks again and tc guys.
Reply Quote
Jay, this helps a lot! great guidE!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]