Temple of Ahn'Qiraj Soloable?

56 Human Paladin
Just wondering if there are any bosses in there that can't be solo'ed not due to their damage, but rather because of their fight machanics.
88 Human Priest
Twin Emps, and I assume C'Thun, but that would be moot because you can't get that far.
90 Night Elf Druid
You could not solo the three bug encounter at level 80. I have yet to try it at level 85.

56 Human Paladin
So no one has solo'ed this raid?
Hell, the first boss might not even be. If he'll still mind control with a single target, he'll MC you, and then reset because there's nothing left to aggro on. =P
90 Night Elf Druid
01/20/2011 2:15 PMPosted by Renas
First boss MCs.

First boss is easily soloable because he doesn't mind control when there is only one of you. I've done it dozens of times in the past.
85 Night Elf Druid
In Wrath PuG groups still couldn't do Twin Emps because of the coordination required, though I think we're getting close to the point where a raid might be able to out-DPS the 60,000 healing per second that they put out when not being properly tanked/ranged.
85 Tauren Warrior
The first boss has a mind control. Since you'll be the only person, he will reset once you are MCed, bringing his health back to full.

Unless you can zap him down fast enough, you'll need a few more people. I don't remember entirely, but I'm pretty sure he mind controls two people at a time.

Also will need to CC them because their damage is increased by 100%, which can cause issues due to the other players (most likely) being level 85.

*edit.
Wow I'm slow lol. There was only 1 post when I started writing this.
Edited by Beefhoof on 1/20/2011 2:18 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
01/20/2011 2:16 PMPosted by Oystertofu
So no one has solo'ed this raid?

Back in Wrath I could solo the first three bosses. I could not do the three bugs. You cannot solo Twin Emps, period.

01/20/2011 2:17 PMPosted by Elnia
First boss MCs.

First boss is easily soloable because he doesn't mind control when there is only one of you. I've done it dozens of times in the past.

Then it has been changed, because I have tried to solo him a few times in the past (pre-Cata). Always got MC'ed, boss resets, then MC breaks and you start all over.
90 Night Elf Druid
The first boss has a mind control. Since you'll be the only person, he will reset once you are MCed, bringing his health back to full.

This is plain wrong. He doe not reset.
85 Gnome Priest
01/20/2011 2:18 PMPosted by Sekhem

Then it has been changed, because I have tried to solo him a few times in the past (pre-Cata). Always got MC'ed, boss resets, then MC breaks and you start all over.

If you have a pet out it will still MC you.
90 Night Elf Druid
01/20/2011 2:18 PMPosted by Sekhem

It's always been solable. Please do your research before commenting. It's possible you experienced some type of bug. But people have soloed that boss for years.
85 Draenei Shaman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rHDKjbqYAc
This person soloes 4 of them.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]