My account has been locked!?!?!??!?!

85 Troll Druid
SSC
Today when I attempted to log into WoW after waiting a few days for my friend to catch up to my level it says ; "Our login system has detected a change in your access pattern. In order to protect the account, we require you to verify your identity via a message sent to the email address associated with this account. For more information please visit [us.battle.net/wow/account-locked/en-us/]

Was this cause i did something wrong :( ? I don't see a reason for my account to be locked if I don't have time to log on as often as I would like :(
Edited by Curropt on 1/20/2011 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
SSC
YES!!!!! I've solved my problem :D just had to change my password :)
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock

Today when I attempted to log into WoW it says " login system has detected a change in your access pattern. In order to protect the account, we require you to verify your identity via a message sent to the email address associated with this account. For more information please visit [us.battle.net/wow/account-locked/en-us/]Was this cause i did something wrong :( i even went in changed password still get it?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
03/24/2011 6:49 AMPosted by Candise
Today when I attempted to log into WoW it says " login system has detected a change in your access pattern. In order to protect the account, we require you to verify your identity via a message sent to the email address associated with this account. For more information please visit [us.battle.net/wow/account-locked/en-us/]Was this cause i did something wrong :( i even went in changed password still get it?

Well, first of all, it's usually best to make a new thread than dig one up from January - even if it seems like the same issue, Candise :)

I think I see the issue here. I suspect your ISP has changed something that is making this look like you are leapfrogging to a totally different location. I've seen this one before.

Nothing you've done wrong, this is a safeguard that is simply being tripped.

This may happen a few more times, the steps are pretty much the same. The system will eventually learn that yes, this is you.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
so how long before i can get on?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
im not really computer smart what do you mean to make a new thread than dig one up from January
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
can u walk me through how to fix this problem
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
03/24/2011 7:17 AMPosted by Candise
can u walk me through how to fix this problem

Step 1: Change your password
Step2: Log in to the game.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
i did it still says same thing
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/24/2011 7:10 AMPosted by Fireprincess
im not really computer smart what do you mean to make a new thread than dig one up from January

If you look at the date next to the first post in this thread, you will see that this topic was started in January. Even if this seems to be the same issue, enough time has passed that your case may be affected by completely different factors. It's best to create a fresh thread to avoid confusion.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
03/24/2011 7:20 AMPosted by Candise
i did it still says same thing

So even after the password reset, you are automatically being locked out again?

Try resetting your password again.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
well i went to get onto my wow this morning and that post was up saying that a login system has detected an access pattern i needed to visit us.battle.net/wow/account-locked/en-us/ i changed my password and yet nothing i dont no how to fix this and i am not good with computers so i probly need walked through lol
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
yea it says same thing like i never did it :(
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
You dont need to be good with computers to change a password.
Follow the link in the email, change your password and log in again.

If you truly are having issues than the only people who can assist you is Billing and even then you still need to pick the password as they can not know what is and will never ask you for it.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
ok ill change it again lets see
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
i can get in blizzrad just not the actual game so what now?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
I have no idea what you are talking about now.
I assume you can log in to battle.net

When you log in to battle.net what is the status of your wow account, maybe the issue is not as simple as you are making out and you may actually need to call Billing to address the issue.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
i changed my password and i can of course log in to the actual blizzard sites but when i try to log into the actual game it keeps saying im locked out because it has detected an access pattern what ever that means so i cant play at all :( alright guess il have to call ugh
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Are you changing the password from the same computer you are trying to log into the game from? Or are you changing the password via your cell phone or other device?
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
my computer
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]