Unsoloable Mechanics?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Okay. So. I've started, for the fun of it, to do older dungeons/heroics/raids to get the mounts that drop, for the fun of it.

I have, since, asked my guild what, if any, of these dungeons are unsoloable for one such as me, a Paladin tank. I haven't gotten many replies. So. What bosses, due to mechanics, are impossible to solo at all, if any?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I dont know about unsoloable technically, but I'm sure there are very annoying ones. One right off the top of my head is prince in kara with enfeeble.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Among the classic dungeons, I think only UBRS is beyond soloing. I know I've soloed everything besides UBRS, ZF, and DM.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
01/21/2011 10:06 PMPosted by Rikishi
I dont know about unsoloable technically, but I'm sure there are very annoying ones. One right off the top of my head is prince in kara with enfeeble.

Enfeeble doesn't hit the tank. I did it at 80.

Anyway, for mounts;

Attumen could be solo'd at 80.

I know when we farmed for Kael'thas we could only do it with 7 people but with the new HP pools, I suppose its possible to do it.

Neither Malygos or Sartherion is soloable. Malygos because P3 doesn't care what your gear looks like and Sarth because you can't kill him fast enough without having atll 3 drake ads beating on you. Obviously Mimi head is in the same boat.

Yeah. Really, I'm thinking you could solo all the vanilla content and most of the BC ones. But don't try Wrath unless you like your repair bills.

EDIT: Oh yes. Razorgore. Ignore me, don't touch UBRS either.
Edited by Torre on 1/21/2011 10:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/21/2011 10:06 PMPosted by Rikishi

Except enfeeble doesn't hit the tank. I believe it did hit the tank once upon a time, but it doesn't any more. All of Kara is soloable. You can nuke netherspite down within one beam time frame. That place is a cake walk.

Black Temple has a bunch of them. Vashj has one. Sarth drake adds have one (portal). When you need to be in two places at once, it kills soloing and that actually does happen a bit.

Edit: Kael in the eye is hard because of the stupid mage conflag. Some DK soloed it on the beta. I tried and got ripped apart.
Edited by Dosvidaniya on 1/21/2011 10:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/21/2011 10:17 PMPosted by Torre
Sartherion is soloable

Im pretty sure a DK soloed Sartherion....during wrath.

I dont think BWL was soloable. There is that one dragon who does damage as a % of your health. One moment your not taking much damage at all and the next you're dead.
Edited by Celyndrashad on 1/21/2011 10:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I'm thinking Vael off the top of my head. And Razor. I don't know how you're going to solo that.
-----
Attack tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869253719
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
C'thun and twin emps in AQ40 aren't soloable.

BC 25 mans are tough because of the enrage timers and mechanics.

Otherwise most everything else is soloable except for a few outliers.

Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
At 80 i solo'ed:

Molten Core
AQ20 (minus the optional wasp boss)
Karazhan
Zul'Aman

Every BC heroic.
Most Wrath normals.
A few Wrath heroics (figure all are solo'able now).

Not solo'able:

Blackwing lair
New Onyxia (did old ony solo, doubt new ony is though).
AQ40 (first boss always got me. I've heard of people getting up to Twin Emperors though)
Most BC raids (some bosses, yes... like to see some completely solo'ed though).
Wrath raids (minus Sarth and marrowgar... damn OP dk's... :P <3 to Raegwyn)

Just my list :)

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Sartherion isn't soloable due to the whelps and the fact you can't enter portals. Sarth is very easy to 2 man, but impossible to solo, the whelps give you something on the order of a -25k armor debuff and one of the Drake's portal adds makes him damage immune, preventing you from killing him unless you enter the portal, which causes him to reset.

Sartharion 0d is very soloable, but you'd have to actually kill the drakes first, which isn't soloable(only the drake with the damage reflect portal buff is soloable).

No DK soloed Sartharion in WotLK. He was 3 manned on 10 man by a resto druid, frost DK and blood/unholy DK. Several WotLK heroics were soloed, however. Just not Sarth.

Much of the WotLK content is doable by 2 protadins/tank DKs, but very little of the raid content is soloable, although a great deal of the 5 man heroics are barring maybe the Black Knight and a couple anti-solo mechanic fights like Ley Guardian Eregos and the blood prince in Ahn'Kahet.
Edited by Qaenyin on 1/21/2011 11:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warrior
OP
01/21/2011 11:40 PMPosted by Qaenyin
No DK soloed Sartharion in WotLK. He was 3 manned on 10 man by a resto druid, frost DK and blood/unholy DK. Several WotLK heroics were soloed, however. Just not Sarth.

Sarth 0 drake was definitely soloed fairly early in icc, though presumably he had help before it with the drakes
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/21/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Anathalt
Among the classic dungeons, I think only UBRS is beyond soloing.

I have no idea what you are talking about here. I soloed UBRS quite easily.

I did however have issues trying to solo infinite corruptor in H CoS. He has an undispellable DoT that damages for a % of max health. It was ticking for about 20k every 3 sec.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
01/21/2011 11:44 PMPosted by Deepwounds

Sarth 0 drake was definitely soloed fairly early in icc, though presumably he had help before it with the drakes

I dont judge him for having help with the drakes since the portal one makes it impossible to solo. It was still incredible seeing someone solo a boss from the same expansion.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
01/21/2011 10:17 PMPosted by Torre
I know when we farmed for Kael'thas we could only do it with 7 people but with the new HP pools, I suppose its possible to do it.

As a prot pally you simple cannot do enough dps to kill the adds when they rez
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/22/2011 6:23 AMPosted by Fjaeldmark
Among the classic dungeons, I think only UBRS is beyond soloing.

I have no idea what you are talking about here. I soloed UBRS quite easily.

I did however have issues trying to solo infinite corruptor in H CoS. He has an undispellable DoT that damages for a % of max health. It was ticking for about 20k every 3 sec.

How did you get past the door with the elementals? Last time I checked, you needed 3 people to open it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
How did you get past the door with the elementals? Last time I checked, you needed 3 people to open it.

they changed that quite awhile ago. Sometime in early wrath i think. Only takes 1 now :)
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warrior
OP
01/22/2011 6:51 AMPosted by Harkinian

I dont judge him for having help with the drakes since the portal one makes it impossible to solo. It was still incredible seeing someone solo a boss from the same expansion.

i was just mentioning that in case that was the aspect he was saying was not soloed in which case he would be correct.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Between my paladin and DK, at 80 and now 85...

All of the vanilla dungeons (including UBRS), all of the BC dungeons (and heroic mode), Almost all of the wrath dungeons (including heroic version), Occ/ToC/HoR/ and PoS were the only ones i havent managed to solo (Occ for the last boss, ToC for the jousting, HoR for the last run, and PoS for the pulls after Ick, im never fast enough to avoid em)

All Vanilla raids except for AQ40, BWL, are soloable (MC can be a little rough at some spots)

BC raids, ZA, Kara are easy to solo, Mags can be (tho the trash is a pain), BT can be... but expect to be in there a long long time and get frustrated alot, havent tried to solo the others

Naxx can be soloed if your good enough (and carry a bunch of pots, flasks, and food), but in general its just easyer to two man it, havent tried soloing the other wraith raids, but most of them can be done with a 5 man if not less, and soloing is possable, (someone somewere always will find a way to pull off something no one thought possable)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
01/22/2011 6:02 PMPosted by Izrok
Naxx can be soloed if your good enough (and carry a bunch of pots, flasks, and food), but in general its just easyer to two man it, havent tried soloing the other wraith raids, but most of them can be done with a 5 man if not less, and soloing is possable, (someone somewere always will find a way to pull off something no one thought possable)

How do you solo KT? Unless it's been far too long since I was in there, doesn't he frost bomb the tank? Or am I imagining things?
-----
Attack tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869253719
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/22/2011 6:02 PMPosted by Izrok

How do you solo Thaddius?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]