SP seeks home...

85 Blood Elf Priest
Recently departed Bluffwatchers on good terms and in search of a guild with a little more activity to offer. Not a hard core raider, but not against it; I mostly run instances and I particularly enjoy running with a group of folks I know and can depend on when the fight gets tight. I'm not the best SP in the world, but I do teamwork very well and actually enjoy helping out folks leveling up (bizarre as that may sound).

Overall, I'm low maintenance, no drama, and fairly laid-back (pretty cutting sense of humor, though), I work a lot, am going to college nights, and my play times (USA, PST) are generally weekends and early to late evenings with some sporadic gaps when finals or writing heavy college work is due.

Would appreciate any insights or contacts from guild looking for solid members; I'd like to find a "game home".

Thanks for reading!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You didn't mention maturity. Do you like a please and thank you with your tea, or do you enjoy making fun of people and making yourself look like an ass...?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
It depends; sometimes the "Miss Manners" hat fits and sometimes, ya just gotta chunk that beyotch into the wall and lay the smack down.

I revel in being human. Wherever that places me on "The Maturity Meter" is cool.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
What about jokes that are guaranteed one way tickets to hell?

edit: oh whoops, im orlandu :P
Edited by Zaos on 1/23/2011 8:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Such as...?

The only joke that I think *might* make it on this forum is....

Three nuns were killed in a horrible car accident. They're waiting at the pearly gates, but it looks like St. Peter's had a pretty rough day. He glances up from the book and snarls, "More?" Then sighs, "Alright, alright, but you're not getting in unless you can answer my questions correctly; got it?" The nuns each nod solemnly that they understand. St. Peter turns to the first little nun and growls, "So tell me, sister, what was the name of the first man on Earth?"

"Oh!" The nun cried delightedly, "That's an EASY one... his name was Adam!"
And the harps played... and the gates swung open... and she walked in... (This did nothing to improve St. Peter's mood, so he turns to the second nun and cuttingly asks, "Alright... sister... tell me, what was the name of the first WOMAN on earth?")
The little nun lights up and quickly replies, "Oh, that's an EASY one... that was Eve!"

And the harps played... and the gates swung open... and she walked in... (This infuriated St. Peter. He rounds on the last little nun and all but screams, "FINE! You're all so smart, sister, then why don't you just tell me THIS -- what were Eve's first words to Adam?")
The little nun looks perplexed.

She scratches her head.

She looks up at the pearly gates and thinks.

She scratches her head again and, finally, sighs, "Wow... that's a HARD one..."

AND THE HARPS PLAYED... AND THE GATES SWUNG OPEN... AND SHE WALKED IN, TOO.
Edited by Phydra on 1/24/2011 11:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Phydra. Check out www.covenantofcrows.com. We're an adult guild (21+) that's looking to add a second 10 man raid here pretty soon and we have nary a SP in the ranks. Have a look at the website and if you like what you see, drop an application in the forum. Good luck in your guild search!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was thinking more along the lines of I can't submit it on the boards or I'd probably get banned. But that's what /gu is for :P We're recruiting but I'm no recruiter, I'll just pass on words saying "okay this person can do 13k dps in hero gear" as long as you've got raid awareness then that'll get you far
Edited by Orlandu on 1/25/2011 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
@Orlando: I doubt I will ever do 13k, even in hero gear; mostly because I'm too busy focusing on not dragging things off the tank. (Trying to top the DPS meter has just never been my thing, even as I understand the need for solid DPS as a core concept). Plus, you didn't laugh at my joke so now I must pout so severely that someone could ride to the next city on my lower lip.

@Shraad: Will definitely check it out. Thank you!

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I skipped to the hard one part when i read it and enjoyed it :P send me a tell, tanks are horrible if a 13k dps spriest pulls agro off
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Fun conversation, Orlandu; kept my mind off being waxed by Omen for lack of tankage (three alliance, two horde, healer was on their side... the things I do in the name of community!).

Shraad, I went, I read, I liked. App in. :)
Reply Quote
Welcome aboard Phydra :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]