The influx of new guilds

85 Gnome Mage
I know RC is a high population server, but there just seems to be too many guilds for anyone to progress very fast. I don't see any 25 man runs going on, and almost no 10 mans, and PuGs are out of the question. I think the guild point system should allow for mergers and acquisitions so we can help out the small guilds by offering them incentives to join forces. Any comments on this?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Too many chiefs, not enough braves.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Your jus't seeing diversity in action. Even small guilds dont have to have huge numbers to get the guild achievments. Also less drama with less numbers. Alot of the guilds forming now are tryin to help their members level and get training skills/mats and then moving toward raiding.

Unless your raiding big time and want to enforce guild loot rules, then ya you want more members to build raid teams. For fun though, small guilds can be as fun as big.

-- Yers
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I think a system for mergers is a solid idea. The entire guild rep system is, in my opinion, one massive debacle. For 6 years there was no serious need for such a system as guild hopping occurred, but didn't happen with the rapidity they seem to claim. Moreover the onus is on the guild inviting to ensure a possible recruit is actually dedicated, not on some arbitrary and idiotic rep system to do it for them.

Still, the content will eventually scale back to the point of being pug-capable. As it stands now there are too many mechanics that rely on individual effort to allow for it. In the end a guild merger system would be useful in combating such at this stage, even if the cannibalized guild members only come in at half rep and gain access the the guild's current rank benefits.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Best argument I've heard so far about the guild ranking system, Lyell. I'm sure I may be thinking too much about it, but there has to be a way for people to not be afraid to disband a guild, due to only having 6-8 solid members on a regular basis, maybe even less than that. On the subject of guild drama and new guild leaders, they'll soon see what it's like to try to control a virtual army and keep them happy. You think sims are hard? These people have opinions and attitudes.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
01/24/2011 3:54 AMPosted by Triv
Best argument I've heard so far about the guild ranking system, Lyell. I'm sure I may be thinking too much about it, but there has to be a way for people to not be afraid to disband a guild, due to only having 6-8 solid members on a regular basis, maybe even less than that. On the subject of guild drama and new guild leaders, they'll soon see what it's like to try to control a virtual army and keep them happy. You think sims are hard? These people have opinions and attitudes.

A mass invite system is the way to avoid a disband and keep something in the end. Something to the effect of /ginvite guild The Dreaming or some sort.

Controlling attitudes is never fun. I have one, but the way it's mitigated is by common goals, hilarious vent and people calling me out when I get hot-headed. When a player gets out of control it's time to simply remove them and avoid letting it fester if the former doesn't work. If they care enough they'll cut the !*!% before that happens, but if they don't you're better off without.

Still, the problem is pretty well put with its brevity by Zephro. If people can't get themselves to follow the cycle perpetuates. I think that for now it might just be a matter of waiting it out. Though on this server I think I saw that Roll for Blame was discussing pushing to 25 man content in another thread. This might be an option for you and yours considering they're a solid guild that can complete content if they have the numbers.

Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This is going to seem like a plug, but I swear it isnt. As far as I know, Notion, Roll for Blame, and Watch This are the only guilds pushing 25 man content, with their progression being in the order listed.

I understand the sentiment behind a merger system, but the fact of the matter is it will never happen. The logistics just arent there. What happens to the bank? What happens to the rank systems? What about guild rep? The list goes on.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
The funny part about that is the first and, usually the only, question that end it all:

"We're keeping Guild A's name for the new guild."
No, we're keeping guild B's name. We have more people."
"But we're more progressed than you. You'd be riding our coat tails."
"Nice chatting with you, good luck with trying to get another guild merger."

If you get past that part, the spin-off guilds of disgruntled members after the first week is usually the ultimate death of the merger.
I know, it's a bad idea in the long run, but there's got to be a way to cull the guilds that seem to be doing nothing but be a guild. Maybe we'll just play the waiting game.

Edit for a misused gerund.
Edited by Triv on 1/24/2011 6:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Alas, being a guild to be a guild is a fundamental part of this game. There are many ways to enjoy play time, be-it raiding or leveling. That there are as many guilds sprouting up big or small, its a good sign folks are grouping up with those they have things in common with.

Well that and folks get a guild bank to store stuff in 8)

It is funny how raiders dont comprehent non-raiders -- and visa-versa, and how they approach playing. It's all in how one enjoys playing the game. And there are folks who believe, right or wrong, that being a GM of a guild gives them credo where much may not be the case.

The guild perk system certainly has helped make even small guilds worthwhile.

-- G
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Also there are guilds that house 10 of one person's alts so that they can pretend that each character is a different person. Diffrnt strokes

Wintergrasp 8)
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Deathgoddryuk ... I'll be seeing you soon buddy... be scared....
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Will I be killing you in TB? That's what happens to every other Alli I meet there ;)
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
You'll be fleeing in fear! :)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
TB thread is

<<<<<<<<

Thataway
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]