(H)10m PVE Guild Recruiting

85 Orc Shaman
Grand Theft Rhino has been around quite a while. Prior to a handful of its members merging with another 10m focused guild and killing the LK, they were already actively involved with the content. After the LK kill, original GTR members and a select few of the players involved with the smaller guild fired GTR back up, and raced Cataclysm to a 25mLK kill. However not successfully, due to player inactivity and burn out.

Shortly after Cataclysm was released, guild leadership ventured into BWD and downed Magmaw and ODS. (ohh ahhh bigdealiknow)

With a focus on eliminating old habits that previously hindered the guilds progression:

Recruiting players who only wanted to raid if Wintergrasp was on CD and believed resillience was an excellent attribute opposed to the crit or haste it could have been.

Inviting players who felt the need to stretch their legs for 10 minutes after every pull or wipe.

Sugar coating repeated mistakes because the rainbow on recount was more attractive than what was going on throughout the encounter.

Openly recruiting any individual who knocked on the door, regardless of the raids current needs, or even the days and times which said player could raid.

Striving for kindness because a third of our dps could not produce the numbers the gear we gave them mathematically said could be produced. Even while starring at recount and abilities. These players were often resurrected prior to looting. But hey, "no worries man you'll get it sooner or later!"

Anyways, we are recruiting. We now have two 10m groups. One of them is .04% short of Chimaeron. The other needs the dedicated players, as its only 2/6 BWD. Nobody seems to show up at raid time for them. Our third group is a compilation looking into BoT and has Halfus/Valiona down.

GTR will raid on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, for (3)Three hours beginning at 8:30 PM Server Time. The raid may continue passed the three hour mark if all ten players vote to continue.

Players who continuously show us they want to raid, are ontime, and stay online during the entirety of the raid will be noticed, and earn a spot vs another player who drools over loot and is not real interested in the guilds success overall. All classes and specs are welcome to send me an in-game mail or pm expressing their interest.

Who we are looking for:

Player who read through the entirety of this post to fully understand our expectations, and what they're getting into, and who they're getting into it with.

Players who can make the raid days and times religiously, I am probably not interested in you if you can only make Tuesday night because you have mass Wednesday, and significant other time Thursday. NOT that there is anything at all wrong with either of those, those are good, they're just not going to help our guild progress. But........

Pretty much anybody is welcome, we like guildees, and a lot of them become friends. Yet this post is not reaching out for friends, it's looking for players who wish to raid productively.

We currently only raid NINE hours a week. As a hardcore raider may imagine, that's almost hopeless in regards to quick progression and server wide competition. So, we seek individuals whose goal is to complete content before the next batch of content is released. Individuals who take it upon themselves to learn encounters as much as possible prior to pulling. Players who have their gear as ready to go as possible, either buy/make their own consumables, or spend the time farming herbs so that we may provide the raid with consumables. Logging on for a raid and logging off after the raid is over, yeah that Cadillac won't be registered here. As important as your time is, your three hours is nothing compared to the other twenty seven man hours in your raid. You owe it to them and the guild all the support you can provide.

And as always, efficient player-based skills are important. Although I should go out of my way to ask you intelligent questions about your class and role in the raid, seeking intelligent response and opinion from you, I will not. The guild will "assume" you have a strong idea about what you are doing until you show us in action, that you don't. Not a very proactive approach I know, but it has its reasons.

Uhm, this is getting a tad tooooo long. Sorry for the TLDR and thank you for your time. There are holes in this wall of text, so don't let it hit you.
Edited by Nikkim on 2/12/2011 11:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Bump, because THAT'S HOW WE ROLL
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
You guys got a website?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
TLDR
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
We have a website, but it is not in use, outside of a simple facebook group, the only way to get ahold of us is in-game. There are three people you can speak with. Myself, Fearingfred, or our GM Ambroza. I do not know how they personally interact with possible recruits, but I do have general set of questions that I ask, and you answer. And then I'll answer yours if there are any.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

Looking for some DPS, especially a Hunter:

Given you can make Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays at 8:30pm ST for three hours minimum.

I am not looking for five star players. If you have raiding experience and your character is ready for t11 content, you're suitable. Send me an in game mail and we'll chat.

Outside of that, we are continuously looking for talented players that would like to experience current and future raiding material Cataclysm has to offer.

For shts and giggles I will provide somewhat of a class priority list. Scaled 1 to 10.

Holy Priests 3
Resto Druids 9
Resto Shamans 2
Rogue 3
Fury Warriors 0
Enhancement Shamans 2
Unholy/Frost Death knights 0
Ret Paladins 4
Hunters 10
Mages/Warlocks/Balance Druids/Shadow Priests/ Ele Shamans 8
Prot Warriors 0
Prot Paladins 2
Feral(Tank) Druids 6
Blood(Tank)Death Knight6

Edited on 2.12.11: Some DPS classes went up.
Edited by Nikkim on 2/12/2011 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
My spec isn't even on the list. :(
And in my defense, my 3 pvp pieces are what I wear due to poor itemization for Arms warriors. >.<

Lovely guild to be in though, so hearty bump!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Okay folks. As surprising as this sounds, during the time this post has been up, it has been productive. I have responded to many tells where players referred to this post. That's nice and all, but after a conversation, inspection and guild invite, some of you still prove useless.

Why? When asked if you can make the raid days and times:

"Yeah those days and times are perfect for me, I will definitely be there for you guys."

Stop pulling my leg. I would seriously consider whether or not our raid days and times are going to be "perfect" for you, especially before telling me so. Or you're going to be gone, and you can look for another guild master/officer to bulls s.
The guild is a raiding guild. I want players who can make the days and times consistantly. If you can't, I'm not interested. Period. Regardless of your reason.

This guild is NOT for you if:

You work early in the morning, especially if you live east of the Mississippi.
You have school in the morning, especially if the above is also true.
You have a heavy workload because of school.
You live anywhere on the east coast and don't suffer from insomnia.
You're a hypochondriac and seem to be sick or "not feeling well" every other raid night.
Your parents ground you on a consistant basis, in which case, there is a good chance all of the above is true for you anyway.

I know what was typed above comes across as sarcastic and maybe humerous. But the truth is I believe some of you folks actually fail to consider these things when telling me the raid days and times are good for you. And then you realize you made a mistake and have to explain it to me. That puts us both in an awkward situation. Now you're stuck with no guild rep and can't raid. But I'm stuck replacing you and losing out on time we could have spent raiding.

Now that I've made myself out to be a complete JA, I'll get out of here.
Edited by Nikkim on 2/15/2011 5:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nikkim is doing his best to cut out all the fail from GTR and turn it into a solid guild. The first time I raided with him I saw two things.
1)Grand theft rhino had a solid core of good people surrounded by a lot of fail.
2)Nikkim was improving the guild along with ambroza.
He's an excellent raid leader.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Well thank you Sephirroth I appreciate it :) I can only try my best. How is Kull Intentions doing?

Edited by Nikkim on 2/12/2011 11:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm good we are 6/12 now :) .

01/30/2011 8:03 PMPosted by Nikkim
Well thank you Sephirroth I appreciate it :) I can only try my best. How is Kull Intentions doing?

Still looking for a strong Holy Paladin, and strong Warlock.
Contact me in game.
Edited by Sephirroth on 1/31/2011 2:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
||
Edited by Nikkim on 2/12/2011 11:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
||

Edited by Nikkim on 2/12/2011 11:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Looking for dps. (Hunter pref.)

Players that can:

Raid Tuesday-Thursday 8:30ST - 11:30ST (All PM)
Edited by Nikkim on 2/12/2011 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
02/12/2011 11:27 AMPosted by Nikkim
P.M

no .

lool
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
You're right. Thank you Refreshed.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
02/12/2011 2:56 PMPosted by Nikkim
You're right. Thank you Refreshed.

No problem :)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Bump for another hunter and possibly a resto druid

pushing for 9/12 this week, we are so close
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
We're still looking for players who can raid 8:30pm ST - 11:30pm ST

For the most part raid slots are full, but I am always fine tuning for our more competative group, and one of the regular raid week groups. If your mind set and player ability fits the group, we will work you in.

Contact myself or Ambroza in-game.
Edited by Nikkim on 2/19/2011 10:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Update*

now working on 11/12, Nef goin down soon.

currently seeking no one in particular, but skilled heals/tank/dps shud hit me or Ambroza or Nikkim in game if ur intrested in a spot. fine tuning grps means some slackers need to be cut, and fresh raw talents be added =-)
Edited by Flyinhigh on 3/1/2011 3:34 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]