any oldies still here?

85 Draenei Paladin
AN was the first realm I played on, 6 years ago, when I started playing WoW. I remember the bad old days, in Lagforge, in front of the Bank/AH, with the several-hundred person queues to log in to the server. Finally, they opened AN up for free xfers and there was a mass exodus to Norgannon.

I miss the good times, before x-server battlegrounds, when you faced the same bunch of guys day in and day out. There was a guild back then, Horde side, that set the bar for pvp. Spy vs. Spy. Anyone remember those guys? I don't remember a lot of the names, but a few still stand out. Pencil, a shammy. Airplane, another shammy. Ramsey, a warrior.

Anyone still around from back then?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Lots ... But granting I don't know you, I probably don't know your social circle either. Pencil stopped playing early/middle WotLK, if he came back on something else, I don't know about it.
Posts like these that declare things in the middle of my WoW life as old make me feel sad and pathetic. People should never match who they are with what they feel, we'd all be sad all the time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Omg I miss Spy v. Spy. Wru Kaluminati

I played as Enjoy then I think... can't remember if it was before or after Norgannon though
Edited by Especial on 1/20/2011 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I remember the name Enjoy. It was ages ago, though. My character back then was Breganth, a nelf rogue. I was in Bellatorius back then and used to do a lot of pvp with Bigworms and Dragonseker and a few others that I can't quite remember. I think I remember Kaluminati too. Wasn't he an undead warrior, pimping his Thunderfury and Drillborer Disk.

I do miss those days, though, when pvp was much more personal. I don't, however, miss those marathon Alterac Valleys, where I'd finally log off during AV, after going at it for 5-6 hours, go to sleep and get up to log back into the same AV that hadn't finished yet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Oh god I hated Bigworms so much. Him and Basmati >:(

Bigwormczuhurhurhur
Edited by Especial on 1/20/2011 3:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
<-- Ambas
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Yep I am still around and kicking after leaving the game twice and coming back.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I started on this server with this character in 05' ;)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Mage
DMX - Ruff Ryders' Anthem
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I remember KOV and evilmage's crew
don't recall spy vs spy though:(

i must be getting old

Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
01/22/2011 7:04 AMPosted by Placenta
Jade you ARE sad and pathetic
lets carpool

Where do I have to carpool to? My ..... JOB?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Evilmage was still around for a while, I remember still going after him in WG. I remember both spy vs spy and KOV but KOV was always the group from the horde I was fighting agaisnt in BG's.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I was on AN from day one as well. Though I rerolled a new Hunter on Madoran to play alongside some RL friends. Ended up staying there, and left NE Quori on AN. Some days I still want to come back to AN....then I remember, the drama is on all servers. Not just Mad. ugh.

I know Ominae is still playing on AN, I think Keela is too. Both originals as I recall.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Well hi there. What's going on in here?

I retired a couple years ago, but had a free trial this week so thought I'd check in. Loved vanilla WoW days.
Edited by Tevster on 4/20/2011 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
<-- Weeman, I have been playing on AN longer than I have been with my wife..... That is enough reason to continue playing when she wont let me play with her..... right? -_-.

This game is like crack..... you say you will quit but you keep coming back to have the life sucked out of you.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
I used to run around on azjol in <clan dna> playing against evilmage and the <kov> team, probably the best times in game.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I started with this toon on AN when WoW released as a dwarf named Kaldrin, good times back in the day, stay classy Nerub.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Anyone else sick of nostalgia threads?

<<<<<
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I guess i still qualify as an "oldie"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]