Did Paragon enjoy their journey?

85 Blood Elf Warrior
01/20/2011 4:34 PMPosted by Astraala

You obviously have never had a job.

I have a job I love. Know how I got it? Quitting the one I hated.

When?

But nice try.

same.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Most of the people I know are professionals who are good at their jobs, but they wouldn't describe the work as "fun."

If you gave a working adult 100 million dollars I would say 99% would quit their job.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I do think you have to take the tone of that post in the context in which it was written. Because Sinestra is a super-hardcore boss, they were pretty much the first ones to really push her mechanics to the limits. It's easy to see from their post that they were understandably frustrated. Not only were they trying to learn the mechanics and develop strategies, but we were watching closely, hotfixing several different issues as they stumbled across them. This meant they had to adapt to the changes we were making on the spot in addition to figuring out how to kill her -- and she's definitely no pushover.

We do wish it would have been a cleaner fight for them, but we really appreciate them pushing the limits of hardcore raiding, and testing us to design new and compelling challenges. :)
Reply Quote
72 Night Elf Warrior
01/20/2011 6:10 PMPosted by Nevermoore
Most of the people I know are professionals who are good at their jobs, but they wouldn't describe the work as "fun."

If you gave a working adult 100 million dollars I would say 99% would quit their job.

Only 99%? Whose the other 1%? Bill Gates?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Zarhym,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Always nice to see blue's provide input. And I didn't say it before but congrats to Paragon.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
01/20/2011 6:46 PMPosted by Absolutego
one day i'm going to make it big in korea and make 300K a year playing starcraft

Can you pull 300 amp? If so, holy cow. If not, don't quit your day job.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
01/20/2011 6:27 PMPosted by Zarhym
I do think you have to take the tone of that post in the context in which it was written. Because Sinestra is a super-hardcore boss, they were pretty much the first ones to really push her mechanics to the limits. It's easy to see from their post that they were understandably frustrated. Not only were they trying to learn the mechanics and develop strategies, but we were watching closely, hotfixing several different issues as they stumbled across them. This meant they had to adapt to the changes we were making on the spot in addition to figuring out how to kill her -- and she's definitely no pushover.

We do wish it would have been a cleaner fight for them, but we really appreciate them pushing the limits of hardcore raiding, and testing us to design new and compelling challenges. :)

0 shaman
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
01/20/2011 6:50 PMPosted by Absolutego

Can you pull 300 amp? If so, holy cow. If not, don't quit your day job.

dude i can beat a computer on insane i got this

300 amp or gtfo. Seriously, Koreans are nuts.

01/20/2011 6:49 PMPosted by Chuckbass

0 shaman

That is more due to the fact that its Paragon, going for a world first. On a world first, they don't take anything that isnt literally, the BEST choice for that encounter. It doesn't mean Shaman are no good for Sinestra, just means they aren't the be all end all of dps for the fight.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I believe the answer you're looking for is here by Paragon:

Overall just a very weird raiding experience. Some good stuff, some bad stuff, some unfinished/buggy stuff, but definitely very stressful. Personally I’m not sure what to think of it quite yet.

Sounds 50 /50 to me at best. Probably leaning to not enjoyable really as I don't know many people that like to play a video game for the stress it might give them.
Edited by Aloeverra on 1/20/2011 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
01/20/2011 6:50 PMPosted by Absolutego
dude i can beat a computer on insane i got this

Lol, pros could probaby beat several insane PCs alone, and the insane PC isn't smart like a pro player, and you got to beat a pro players consistently for that.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I love my job.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]