Boa Gear deleted in mailbox!

(Locked)

My Boa plate chest/shoulders/1h mace/1 haste trinket got deleted in the mailbox. I was unable to get them from the mail box. I have opened 3-4 tickets in game and they said they are unable to restore them. For Boa gear they should not beable to be deleted in mail just like other unique items like gold/epics. I would like them restored or get Justice points to purchase them back. Please i feel this is unfair since you have to farm a ton of points just to get Boa gear. Please if someone could help me out of explain why the Gms dont have the power to restore them.
Thank you
85 Tauren Druid
Restorations are never guaranteed. There is always a possibility they can't recover something for you.

There's many reasons why. One common one is because someone has requested a LOT of restorations in the past. If they see it being a trend for some folks, they'll stop doing it.

Other reasons are if things are asked for too long after the deletion took place; or if some sort of issue went wrong with the logs, making it difficult for them to see what happened to the items. If they can't verify what you're saying, they often can't do anything for you.

It's very hard to say what the reason may be in your case. Nobody here can see your account info behind the scenes the way a GM can. :) And a blue here probably won't be able to give you detailed information, because they're very particular about privacy.

I would ask myself: Have I requested deleted items be restored in the past? How long ago did I delete these in the mail?

Did I phrase my ticket request clearly and in detail so the GM was sure to understand what I wanted?

Was I polite?
100 Undead Warlock
In order for items to be deleted from your mailbox, they would have had to have been sent to a character, that character would have had to have NOT checked his mailbox for 30 days. At this point, the mail would be returned to the character who sent it, and THAT character would have to have not checked his mailbox for another 30 days.

So you are saying that because you couldn't find the time in 2 months to check your mailbox that Blizzard should replace what you've lost?
Edited by Teufelgott on 1/24/2011 12:49 AM PST
100 Tauren Druid
01/24/2011 12:44 AMPosted by Rugaba
I have opened 3-4 tickets in game and they said they are unable to restore them.

Please stop making more tickets on this matter. You may feel this is unfair, but it is also unfair that you are taking up the GMs' time on an issue they have, multiple times, answered 'no' to.
Support Forum Agent
01/24/2011 12:44 AMPosted by Rugaba
My Boa plate chest/shoulders/1h mace/1 haste trinket got deleted in the mailbox. I was unable to get them from the mail box. I have opened 3-4 tickets in game and they said they are unable to restore them. For Boa gear they should not beable to be deleted in mail just like other unique items like gold/epics. I would like them restored or get Justice points to purchase them back. Please i feel this is unfair since you have to farm a ton of points just to get Boa gear. Please if someone could help me out of explain why the Gms dont have the power to restore them.
Thank you

There is a 30 day timer on each side of a mail - when it goes out, and when it bounces back.

Depending on how long ago this was, and if it was on it's second bounce, these would most likely be beyond recovery. I've checked your character that you submitted petitions on and am not seeing them.

Just a sidenote. On requests like this, both the sending and receiving character is helpful information as well as exact item names. We may still not be able to find them, but the more information of that nature we have the more likely it may be we could.
Only Orlyia and Senre Provide good information with out sounding like jack@sses. Ty for the good reply for the rest just annoying.
The character i was making the tickets for. Name is Rugab on Dragonmaw realm
Lol Bliz forget that i psted this. Ive always been polite and thanked gms but if im just going to take it as blizzard doesnt give a damn. Im sure there working on more important issues like balanceing classes or fixing game errors like they said they would before the release of Cata. I hope they make some progress because it doesnt seem like they have enough time for those either.
86 Goblin Warlock
01/24/2011 2:59 AMPosted by Rugaba
Lol Bliz forget that i psted this. Ive always been polite and thanked gms but if im just going to take it as blizzard doesnt give a damn. Im sure there working on more important issues like balanceing classes or fixing game errors like they said they would before the release of Cata. I hope they make some progress because it doesnt seem like they have enough time for those either.

Blizzard didn't forget you about your thread, Orlyia replied to you, even if she wanted to do the restoration she couldn't do it herself.

I am sure she will come back once she get a chance. Of course you were already denied your restoration once, I am not sure the reason your expecting a different result, this is likely the case of just simply waiting to long.

Contrary to popular believe a Game Master cannot simply do anything they want.
Edited by Hathios on 1/24/2011 3:12 AM PST
80 Undead Priest
I recieved mail from a GM with 70 or so days on the mail expiry date

It would be awesome if mail when inserted with a boa item had an extended period of life as some people can take awhile to get back around to their alts

Sometimes when having fun on one or two toons, 2 months can fly by before you get to check your other toons :)
01/24/2011 3:09 AMPosted by Hathios

Blizzard didn't forget you about your thread, Orlyia replied to you, even if she wanted to do the restoration she couldn't do it herself.

I am sure she will come back once she get a chance. Of course you were already denied your restoration once, I am not sure the reason your expecting a different result, this is likely the case of just simply waiting to long.

Yeah and if you read what i said i thanked her/him for responding. You clearly didnt read it.
Also the only reason i made a forum is because the GM who said he couldnt help in my mailbox told me to pst it on the forums. I was given the impression maybe i could get it fixed if i psted on forums, but no same result unfortunetly not. I will just take it will not be fixed and level without them even though its wrong.
100 Night Elf Priest
The issue with extended periods of time is that Blizzard's records just don't extend forever.

If they cannot find your items, that is likely the culprit -- they won't "restore" items without proof you had them, as it would open the doors to abuse if they did.
85 Tauren Druid
01/26/2011 2:41 PMPosted by Rugaba

Yeah and if you read what i said i thanked her/him for responding. You clearly didnt read it.
Also the only reason i made a forum is because the GM who said he couldnt help in my mailbox told me to pst it on the forums. I was given the impression maybe i could get it fixed if i psted on forums, but no same result unfortunetly not. I will just take it will not be fixed and level without them even though its wrong.

In most situations, when a GM recommends you post on the forums about something they cannot assist with, they mean one of two things:

- Try posting in a forum where people may have similar issues, and can help you figure it out. This may pertain to things such as achievements doing odd stuff, professions seeming to not work right, etc.

- Try posting a suggestion in a relevant forum. This pertains to stuff like "It would be cool if we could..." or "Why can't X class do Y thing?" or "BG's aren't working, you should fix it like this...".

Unfortunately, while this forum does have a playerbase that can provide ideas to help solve some problems, it doesn't function as a suggestions forums, as there aren't any Devs here. Additionally, the blues here - such as Orlyia - can't act exactly the same way that in-game GMs can. This means they can often see how or why something got screwed up, but they don't always have the tools to fix it for you.

In short, if you follow Orly's advice, and make a ticket containing both the SENDING character name, and the intended RECEIVING character name, they may be able to determine what happened to your mail, but there's no guarantee they can recover it.

It's worth pointing out two more things. Firstly, that the mailbox was never intended as a storage device, and if by chance you used the mailbox for that purpose, there may not be much chance of recovery. Additionally, while it's a nice thing to compliment people for their helpfulness, it's really not a good idea to be rude to everyone else. Just ignore people you don't care for, and Dislike their posts.
85 Night Elf Druid
At first I felt bad for you. That's pretty unfortunate. Then you go on to bash Blizzard and their GM's for not fixing a mistake you yourself made. One would think that you'd be more cautious with the things you spend so much time farming for. You honestly didn't check your mail for two months, and then expect Blizzard to return your items when you're being nothing short of a jerk? Yeah, no wonder you've had to submit so many tickets. I wouldn't help you either.
85 Troll Priest
01/26/2011 2:41 PMPosted by Rugaba

Oh I read it. You also said:

Lol Bliz forget that i psted this. Ive always been polite and thanked gms but if im just going to take it as blizzard doesnt give a dam
75 Blood Elf Paladin
my dagger got deleted like right now i dont know how but i hope i can get them back my boa dagger my boa axe and my boa sword and my boa shoulders that are cloth

Thank you :)
Edited by Reilytwo on 2/7/2011 9:10 PM PST
Support Forum Agent
02/07/2011 9:08 PMPosted by Reilytwo
my dagger got deleted like right now i dont know how but i hope i can get them back my boa dagger my boa axe and my boa sword and my boa shoulders that are cloth

Items do not generally delete themselves, Reilytwo, the only exception would be if they were attached to mail and that mail expired. If that is the case they likely will not be recoverable but if they are simply within a deleted characters inventory you should be able to recover them if the character is restored.

You will want to submit an in-game petition and request that the character is restored. Though no restoration is guaranteed a Game Master will look into your request.
10 Blood Elf Warrior

Thank you :)

Uh, did you put in a ticket in game with the details, the relevant info? If not, you must. The SFAs who staff this forum can't really fix this for you.

Truthfully, you should have started your own thread instead of resurrecting this one; but mostly you need an in game ticket....
Support Forum Agent
It looks like you have a petition in requesting the restoration of a high level character, it doesn't appear that the character has any Heirloom items though. I looked at a number of your character and only found one that had Bind on Account items on it, at least on the realm you are petitioning from.

It looks like a level 3 Rogue had the items in their mailbox, which was originally sent from your level 63 Priest. Those items are currently in your Priest's mailbox. You just need to recover them from the mailbox.

This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]