Trouble... Mouse Lag, don't understand it?

85 Orc Warrior
Ok, so my computer is a custom computer I've just built, and it's ran WoW Just fine no problem there... Well my wired mouse died, so I had to get a new mouse, and was forced to buy a wireless mouse, now I seem to get Mouse Lag ONLY while playing WoW... Like I'll be highlighting over something, and the mouse will get held up and wont move for a sec or 2...

What's going on... Only happens in WoW... I'm getting 120 FPS in the game....
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I'm having the same issues. I can't find anything to remedy it. I'm considering buying a new mouse but I'm doubtful that it'll fix anything
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Whole,

Have you tried the Reduce Input Lag setting under the video options in-game?

It could also be related to an addon, so you may want to try disabling them and see if it takes care of it, then re-enable them one by one to see which one it is.

"A working class hero is something to be"
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I am having a similar problem. I have no addons running whatsoever, and I have already enabled the "Reduce Input Lag" setting under video options. I dont have a clue about how to proceed. Any ideas?
Reply Quote
7 Human Paladin
i had the same problem. no add-ons, "RIL" on.
what finally fixed the problem was going into "controll panel", then "hardware and sound", then to "mouse". now, under the "pointers" tab uncheck "allow themes to change mouse pointers" and "enable pointer shadow"
so far this has worked for me
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Hey i have the same problem on my new computer and i was reading a bit and found out the aluminum of my new computer messes with the signal of the mouse because it works fine when my mouse is on the side of the usb device. Although this problem only happens when i play wow.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Rogue
I'm running into the same issues. The only thing i recently changed was when I attempted to use a Logitech wireless keyboard, and added the Logitech gaming mouse (G300). Everything ran fine, I updated the drivers from Logitech etc to ensure there would be no issue, etc. Then i logged into WoW and instantly discovered something is wrong. The game plays fine....unless i move the mouse in anyway. Then the whole game will lock up. If I'm steering via the keyboard, there is no issue and everything looks normal. If i sit there and swirl the mouse in circles it completely locks up the wow interface like a lag.

I've updated the in game settings for RIL, disabled all addons (i was REALLY hoping this was the issue), taken off all Logitech devises and uninstalled all the related drivers, changed my mouse pointer thingie options for the shadowing effect like Baalshemtov mentioned....nothing.

And of course, this is only impacting my system in ANY way when i'm playing WoW (which accounts for about 85% of my online time).

Any help here guys?
Reply Quote
29 Human Hunter
The comment on aluminum in new PC interfering with mouse signal because mouse is used on opposite side from usp port solved the mouse lag problem for me. I just switched to the port on the side where I use my mouse. Yay!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I switched to a steel series WoW mouse as well because i dont have enough binds for healing X_x in beta. Same problem, random lag at times. Why is this so common with steel series WoW mouse?

it is very bugy, some times I loose all the extra buttons in game
Edited by Doctress on 7/31/2012 7:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I recently built a new system...EPIC graphics (dual GTX680), SSD hardrive, 16gb ram, 25" IPS 6ms...and razor blackwidow keyboard with razor hex naga mouse. Guesswhat...

HUGE lag spikes on mouse use when trying to move...and it's random...I'll be in a BG and try to push left and right mouse button to run at a target..and nothing..my toon stands there until I use the keyboard to move then after a few keyboard inputs the mouse seems to come back and I can use the right and left mouse down buttons to move again.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
This thread is a couple years old. :o

Have you tried the suggestions in it?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
yeah I tried them all...I'm about to take the computer in for a 150.00 diagnostic with all my peripherials..I even tried my old G5 mouse and it's doing it too...it's only in WoW though.

I"ve set RIL...tried syncing to framerate...not syncing to framerate...

The other thing I'm noticing is if I mount up...set my toon to auto run...and after a bit try to steer by dragging the mouse...I get nothing..it takes sometimes 3 to 4 clicks and drags to get the toon to turn directions.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
FIXED IT!

What I did.

In the Razor Synapse 2.0 software I went into Mouse Performance and set the Dots per inch to 2500 and the polling rate to 500

The laggy feeling of the mouse is gone and I love it...no more unresponsive or hanging mouse on movement.
Reply Quote
23 Pandaren Rogue
I got rid of my lag by disabling "Hardware cursor" in Game Menu > System > Advanced.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]