Dark Skies Late Night guild recruiting

85 Human Warrior
Greeting, Dark Skies is a level 10 guild that has been on Elune for a little over 2 years now. We are recruiting for general guild membership as well as future potential raid slots, though no permanent slots are currently availble in our normal 10 man.

We are looking for nothing more than fairly active, stable personalities to join our guild for several reasons. First, to spread out the pain of guild leveling, the more people on the less each has to do. Second, to spread out the pain of guild achievements. I am not fishing 100000 pools of fish. Third, we wish for a more active social community.

The primary play times of those in our guild is early evening through late night, though usually have a presence in the day as well. Our raid team, runs wednesday and friday 12am to 3am and we have been pretty succesful in the past. We currently have No slot available in our Alpha (12am to 3am) 10 man, but that does not mean one won't open up. Since the beginning Wotlk we have killed all content while it was current with the exception of H:LK.

Why might Dark Skies be right for you? We are an adult guild, with a generally pleasant atmosphere. Sometimes crude, but in a moderated sort of way. Full guild membership gives you access to Slot 7 of the bank and anything extra we might put in there. Also, we provide a small amount of guild repair per day to anyone in the guild, this is primarily funded by raiders.

We are level 12, and expect to continue leveling at a reasonable rate and expect guild perks to continue slowly tickling in. The requirements for joining as a social member are pretty simple. Log in occasionally and don't be a jackass.

If you are interested in raiding, understand that the raid team will not take anyone who underperforms just because the guild is not raid oriented. Part of our raid crew is non guild because of that very reason, and will likely remain so.

If you are interested in joining contant Inmanhawk, Gnomender, hilznoskillz, or Baean.

There is no application process beyond a conversation with one of the officers, however there is a vote of confidence after a 2 week period of time, we also will quickly guild remove anyone that turns into a complete idiot after that period

*****Update*****

We are launching a second full time run that will run 7pm to 10pm on either tue/wed or wed/thur.

We are currently looking for 1 Tank, 1 Healer and 1 Ranged dps for this run so we don't -have- to use alts to fill in
Edited by Baean on 2/14/2011 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
yea come on ova were gettin tired of carryin ^
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Something Baean forgot to mention is there may be the potential to open up a second 10 man raid group at a more convenient time in the evening for others.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
^
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
up we go again
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Cataclysm brought a whole new way of looking at guilds. Sadly, this new way does not mesh well with the way we used to do things; a separation of guild and raids. In our 25 mans, you could easily pick out 5-8 different guilds in our raids, 3 or 4 in our 10s. Some of you might even know us from 25 man ICC, since we ended up having to PUG a decent amount of people due to burnout/summer vacations. It didn't help our progression too much, but we certainly geared up quite a few people.

To not only survive Cata, but to excel, our guild leadership has decided to adapt. We don't do 25 mans anymore (although we're not closing the door on them), and as Baean mentioned, our current 10 man is full. We would however love to get a 2nd 10 man team going, as the worgen mentioned.

As to what we can offer you and what we expect out of you, Baean has it pretty much all covered. We're an adult guild that doesn't have a 'guild leader'; we have a group of 7 people which allows us to avoid rash decisions by a dictator and minimizes drama throughout the guild. We're still in the experimental phase on allowing guild repairs, but I can't see us eliminating them. That gold is there for our members; it's not there for us to see how much we can accumulate. I guess that's all I wanted to add. I tend to ramble if you didn't notice.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Forgot: contact an officer in game (or use the in-game mail) for your 2 week trial period. We don't really have a standard of what we'll ask you before an invite, so here's my best bet on what you can expect based on who you contact:

Baean: He'll ask you a bunch of serious questions and do it so fast, you'll wonder if he has them macro'd and is even reading the answers. (Yes, and no.)
Hilznoskillz: 100% guarantee you're interrupting his AH time, and he'll invite you just so you'll stop messaging him
Gnomender: He'll ask you questions about how upset you'd get if he kills you (in game of course), and he wants an answer...seriously.
Inmanhawk: I give a test, so you better study. I'd suggest knowing the average velocity of an unladen swallow...and your favorite color.
Edited by Inmanhawk on 1/25/2011 7:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Well, gnome would probably wonder how upset you'd be if he killed you real life too.

Regardless, we're tossing around the idea of creating an earlier running second 10 man in the evening in an effort to bring more people in that can't quite run midnight to 3am.

Our roster is slowly growing but we'd like to increase even more
Reply Quote
6 Human Mage
Is your guild looking for lower level players. I played WOW in college about 5 years ago and have now made a return. I currently am playing a mage but may start a warrior or rogue. I play nightly after 8pm and pretty much all weekends due to work schedule.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
sure contact one of the officers in game...we dont discriminate...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What Inmanhawk forgot to mention is whether the swallow is African or European.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Bump for good people.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
still lookin for more ^
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Bump
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
get ahold of me in game, i'd like to chat with you. you're guilds raid times are what im looking for.

have a great day!

- Rheyann
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
My schedule has beeen abit off because of vacation Rheyann, but haven't forgotten.

Dark Skies is close to launching a 7pm to 10pm bravo run. This run will be full of mains and is not an alt run, see the edit to the original post to find out what we need.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Might want to update the guild level, I'm sure its higher than 10 by now... :P
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
hit me in game if u need a dps for late night raiding. I can hold my own dps wise and i can get out of fire if required :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]