Worgen.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Oddly enough..... Draenai. The 1% hit frees up forging and gem options
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Worgen - 1% crit / sprint
Draenai - 1% hit / 20% self heal'

Both are pretty good from an overall-stats perspective.

Dwarf will also be pretty good for surviving some boss damage effects:
Dwarf - 1% gun crit / 10% damage reduction for 8 sec + cleanse Poison/Disease/Bleed
Reply Quote
Weird roleplaying aside like we will undoubtedly see in this thread Dumbledore was a human and so was Severus Snape.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
There is no better option than Dwarf...

Now that that debate is settled, enjoy this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ku6gagYh80
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
night elf or dwarf are coolest hunters hands down...oh you want to "maximize" your dps go worgen
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Meh, do what you prefer. Dreanei would be the most optimal choice, self heal + 1% hit, and w/healing as intensive as it is now on healers, could make/break you dying on an encounter.

Dwarfs are getting a racial change to 10% less dmg, not so great for a hunter, but perhaps for a tank.

Nelves have shadowmeld... Humans have trinket, tho i've yet to find a use for it raiding yet.
Reply Quote
76 Worgen Hunter
01/21/2011 1:30 AMPosted by Grandpappy
Meh, do what you prefer. Dreanei would be the most optimal choice, self heal + 1% hit, and w/healing as intensive as it is now on healers, could make/break you dying on an encounter.

Dwarfs are getting a racial change to 10% less dmg, not so great for a hunter, but perhaps for a tank.

Nelves have shadowmeld... Humans have trinket, tho i've yet to find a use for it raiding yet.

The human racial still helps at times vs fears/stuns. some bosses/mobs will do a charge at players and stun them randomly.

But that's about it (not all shaman will drop a tremor totem for the ranged dps)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
lol r we really talking about what hunter class you should be...WAIT there should only BE 1 RACE!! and that my friends...is...the...dwarf...yep OK were done here have fun on yea dwarf
Edited by Sniparr on 1/21/2011 5:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Dwarves for burst dps with a Gun. Use Stoneform when you unload with Kill Shots. We also get to level Archeology faster which has some good rewards for Hunters. Like the Innkeeper's Daughter,

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=91226/the-innkeepers-daughter
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Dwarf hunter PvP is also slightly better. Did that kitty just put 500 bleeds on you? Stone it away, and call your frost mage friend to take care of it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
My hunter's draenei, which was really nice because of the self-heal (if you weren't aware, hunters lack a self-heal). I just faction-changed Grendel to horde so I could play with friends, though, so he'll be a troll soon enough.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Worgen.
Reply Quote
good thing about hunters, versatility makes racials icing on the gunpowder cake.
Human- free fear freedom? hell yes
dwarf- free bleed removal and massive kitty druid butthurt? yes plz
night elf- essentially a second feign death? yes plz!
draenei- free HoT and hit? /hugs for the dev that implemented that
worgen- Sprint W/O stun on hit? can i haz plz? also, skinning bonus for gears
Edited by Ultandin on 1/21/2011 4:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
DWARF POWER!

But I might really think of going to worgen for the hunter friendly buff (because of the lack of guns in the game).
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Rogue
From warcrafthuntersunion

"Dreanei Bonus
The Dreanei have a racial bonus that grants a +1% hit to themselves only. So if you are a Draenei this counts toward reaching your hit cap. Currently this is not transferring to the pet; however, we’re pretty sure that’s a bug that will be fixed by the time Cataclysm goes live.

I should note that it is still not a good idea to roll a Draenei hunter — even with this bonus, you still have a tail. It’s just not worth it. Make a dwarf instead and enjoy the rugged good looks."
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
That hit not transferring to the pet bug has already been fixed, also worgen is better because you need 180 rating to get 1% crit but only 120 for 1% hit. The self heal is kind of meh until next patch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]