How do i use flying mounts?

(Locked)

65 Tauren Warrior
Hi I just got my first flying mount but everytime i click on it, it says i cant use it where i am. Where and when can i use my flying mount???

help please!
90 Tauren Druid
Unless you have cata and buy the Flight Master License you will only be able to use it in Outland at your level. Once you get to Northrend you will need to purchase Cold Weather Flying to fly there.

EDIT: Oh and can't use it indoors, just like any other mount.
Edited by Dasffion on 1/21/2011 9:31 AM PST
65 Tauren Warrior
Iv got my flight masters license. Whats a cata? What do you mean at my lvl?
Edited by Hapadwahip on 1/21/2011 9:33 AM PST
Cata = Cataclysm, the expansion that came out last month.
90 Tauren Druid
Cata is short for Cataclysm. Where are you trying to mount and it's not letting you?
65 Tauren Warrior
I tried in the barrens. i dont have the actual expansion iv only got the patch blizzard put out
65 Tauren Warrior
I tried in the barrens. i dont have the actual expansion iv only got the patch blizzard put out
90 Tauren Druid
If you don't have the expansion you can't have purchased the flight master license so you'll be limited to Outlands for flying until you buy Cataclysm and spend the 250 gold to get the Flight Master License
If you haven't actually upgraded to Cata yet, the Flight Master's License won't be available yet. You probably only trained Expert Riding, so at this point you can only fly in Outland.

The License will be a different purchase, but available from the same trainer (same with Cold Weather Flying at 68, if you've upgraded to Wrath of the Lich King and can visit Northrend).
- World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter
If you don't have your account upgraded to Cataclysm, you can't purchase the Flight Master's License, and you can't fly in Azeroth (Eastern Kingdoms + Kalimdor).

From your character's level, you certainly seem to have at least Burning Crusade, so you can only fly your mount in Outland.

If you have Wrath of the Lich King, you can fly in Northrend as well, if you purchase the Cold Weather Flying training.

All expansions are required before you can upgrade to Cataclysm.
90 Tauren Druid
01/21/2011 9:38 AMPosted by Jakjak

The License will be a different purchase, but available from the same trainer (same with Cold Weather Flying at 68, if you've upgraded to Wrath of the Lich King and can visit Northrend).

You can purchase all levels of flying now in Org
Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't very clear. I meant Northrend in reference to having Wrath, not as a place to buy the training.
65 Tauren Warrior
I got the license from the flight trainer in orgrimmar. and i brought the flighting mount there aswell . Iv got the lich king expanion.
65 Tauren Warrior
But it says you can fly in eastern kingdom, kalimdor and Deepholm when my mouse is over the icon in my spell book
65 Tauren Warrior
I dont get why it lets me buy it if im not allowed to use it yet!???
If you've upgraded from Wrath to Cata, as soon as you buy the Flight Master's License you should be able to hop on your new wyvern and hit Spacebar to take off, right then and there.

But without Cata, that License shouldn't even be visible, for this exact reason.
65 Tauren Warrior
ok thanks guys
85 Draenei Paladin
Wow + BC xpac ---> Flying allowed in BC
WoW + BC + WotLK ---> Flying allowed in BC + Northrend (with CWF license)
WoW + BC + WotLK + Cata --> Flying allowed in BC + Northrend (w/ CWF) + Cata areas (license needed?) + other Azeroth areas (with Old world Flight license)
85 Goblin Mage
01/21/2011 9:45 AMPosted by Hapadwahip
I dont get why it lets me buy it if im not allowed to use it yet!???
It shouldn't have let you buy it. It may be in your spellbook, and glowing yellow, saying "See your Trainer," but you shouldn't be able to actually pay the gold and buy the training until you get upgraded to Cataclysm.
70 Human Warlock
I know it says 58 - but I am a lvl 60.

I just purchased the training and the mount. And I cannot fly anywhere. The icon states that I should be able to fly in Eastern etc. Does not work.

I do not have cata - if that is required than Blizzard should not be allowing me to purchase the mount and training (almost 260G).

If I'm doing something wrong - please let me know!!

Every time I click the icon it says - "You can't do that here"
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]