Blood Elf Druids

68 Night Elf Druid
04/04/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Noitora
This is a necro btw. *points to dates* How do people keep finding these threads : /

Lots of people want Blood Elf to be Druids and used the "search" function. One of these days you'll see a High Elf for Alliance necro.

My opinion? Meh. Just remember if BE gets a Druid class, that means another Alliance race should get another Druid class, choose one: Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Draenei. My vote is Gnome.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Posted by Noitora
This is a necro btw. *points to dates* How do people keep finding these threads : /Lots of people want Blood Elf to be Druids and used the "search" function. One of these days you'll see a High Elf for Alliance necro.

My opinion? Meh. Just remember if BE gets a Druid class, that means another Alliance race should get another Druid class, choose one: Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Draenei. My vote is Gnome.

Yep. (to all of the above...except...I think Humans should be the next Alliance race to get Druids...and the next class for Gnomes should be Pally...)

EDIT: although non-wow Gnomes would be a natural for Druidism...the way they are presented in wow is a little too...steam-punk...for the Druid flavor to fit for me...just my opinion though...)
Edited by Galindruhek on 4/4/2012 11:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
68 Night Elf Druid
Before this thread falls off into the Nether again: Druids for Gnomes! :-P

Anyway, I chose that knowing that they were culturally the least suited to become Druids. Well, maybe second least suited, the Goblins are the absolute least suited but they're Horde (on the side of the Blood Elves). However, both races could claim that Nature is a machine with plants and animals as the gears in the clock.

/tongue in cheek
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Man, back then I really liked to use the word "furthermore".
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
No thanks....Blood Elf warriors was bad enough.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I think Blood Elves for Druids is an awesome idea. I can see the Blood Elves easily twisting it to thier will and using it to sate thier magic addiction.

Unlike Shamans who directly ask for magic - Druids draw thier magic from the nature. They could easily use it as another outlet for that magic addiction of theres.
Druids for Gnomes! :-P

I think Gnomes and Druids would work fine - a bit sketchy... but I think the idea is similar to the Blood Elves, they draw the magic from the enviroment without direct 'permission' from the elementals or the spirits, so any Gnome Warlock drawing it from demons could easily summoun it from the earth...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I tend to judge race eligibilty for druids by how cool/unique their animal forms would be.

By those standards, humans and blood elves would be hands down the lamest choices, with Dwarves beings hands down the best (bearded animal forms for the win!!!!)

Draenei druids would be pretty cool as well.
Edited by Lochnar on 4/6/2012 4:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Damn this song has great melody. Wish I didn't know English cos once I do I LMFAO.....

Say, can we please, PLEASE have Blood Elf Druid Blizzard! I want to become a dragonhawk!!!
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
04/06/2012 03:28 AMPosted by Lochnar
No thanks....Blood Elf warriors was bad enough.

What? There have been blood elf warriors since TFT.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Damn this song has great melody. Wish I didn't know English cos once I do I LMFAO.....

Say, can we please, PLEASE have Blood Elf Druid Blizzard! I want to become a dragonhawk!!!

That does seem the likely flight form...but I'd also thought a phoenix-inspired flight form would be another option. The Lynx would be the obvious choice for cat form. Eversong-style treants would round out the obvious...the problem to my mind on the question of Blood Elf Druid forms has always been their tank form. What would a blood elf bear look like? Hard (though not impossible) to picture a lithe or proportional bear...would it have golden fur? Would they even change into a bear or would it be something else? What?

As for humans...Eagle, Lion, a very natural bark and green-leafed Treant, and a brown or black bear for the tanks...easy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
http://www.wowwiki.com/Blood_elf

According to this Druids are apart of Blood Elf Lore. It's game mechanics that fails. That is all.
Edited by Damila on 4/6/2012 12:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

According to this Druids are apart of Blood Elf Lore. That is all.

You posted a link to an out-of-date wiki with a single instance of the word "druid" in the entire body of the article.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Yes but it still states that druids are a lore class. It's game mechanics. Just because it's out of date doesn't mean it's it just means not new added. Which is true for Blood Elf Lore in general.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

According to this Druids are apart of Blood Elf Lore. It's game mechanics that fails. That is all.

Yes, druids are apart from Blood Elf lore, not a part of Blood Elf lore.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Damila
Yes but it still states that druids are a lore class. It's game mechanics. Just because it's out of date doesn't mean it's it just means not new added. Which is true for Blood Elf Lore in general.

It's an out of date, uncited mention. It isn't gospel.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Damila

The wiki is completely uncited in that case. We don't know who added that they're capable of being druids, or why. The only instances of blood elf druids are either unconfirmed or have been retconned into oblivion.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
I wouldn't call High Botanist Freyawinn either unconfirmed or retconned.

However, I also don't call the sole example of a class/race combination in the entire game proof that that class/race combination is common enough to be playable.
Edited by Vegdrasil on 4/6/2012 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
04/06/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Omacron
The only instances of blood elf druids are either unconfirmed or have been retconned into oblivion.

Absolutely...as long as we ignore the Botanica....as to retconning...it can work both ways...to remove or reinstate...

And regardless, this notion that race/class combos are chosen for reasons of lore, though a cherished dream of lore-folk, is clearly not the reality (Draenei and Goblin shamans anyone?)...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Galindruhek
Absolutely...as long as we ignore the Botanica....as to retconning...it can work both ways...to remove or reinstate...

Botany is not druidism.
Edited by Macaoidh on 4/6/2012 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]