Blood Elf Druids

85 Blood Elf Warlock
04/06/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Macaoidh
Botany is not druidism.

A simple botanist doesn't cast druid spells nor would they be able to shape shift...we're not talking about blood elven scientists...this is a clear instance (in an instance) of blood elf druidism...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Galindruhek
Botany is not druidism.

A simple botanist doesn't cast druid spells nor would they be able to shape shift...we're not talking about blood elven scientists...this is a clear instance (in an instance) of blood elf druidism...

Druidism isn't the same thing as reaping what you haven't sown in the vein of blood elf paladins.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Botany not druidism.

Freyawinn uses druidic spells and a quick glance so do the Sunseeker Botanist and Sunseeker Herbalist.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=17975#abilities
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18422#abilities
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=19508#abilities
Reply Quote
04/06/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Bullcowsby
Botany not druidism.

Freyawinn uses druidic spells and a quick glance so do the Sunseeker Botanist and Sunseeker Herbalist.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=17975#abilities
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18422#abilities
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=19508#abilities

The botanists and herbalists also attack with potions, it's clear they're alchemists and are using science to replicate druidic powers, and frankly, it makes sense that Freywinn is too.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
04/06/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Omacron
The botanists and herbalists also attack with potions, it's clear they're alchemists and are using science to replicate druidic powers, and frankly, it makes sense that Freywinn is too.

All arguments that they are "faking" their Druidism are unconfirmed fan-hypotheses. Btw...are the other Druids in Outland also "faking" it?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Galindruhek

All arguments that they are "faking" their Druidism are unconfirmed fan-hypotheses. Btw...are the other Druids in Outland also "faking" it?

He is never referred to as a druid.

He is part of a race that spits on the laws of nature and hasn't shown reverence for it for thousands of years.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/06/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Omacron

Well, we don't really know either way as we're not given a real backstory on Freyawinn. I do understand your point and I acknowledge it, but I also don't think the explanation precludes druidism. Perhaps he uses his knowledge of druidism in conjunction with alchemical research and that's what gives the *others* their abilites.

*shrug*

I don't think it's a clear instance of either and was simply positing it as possible evidence of the presence of BE druidism in lore. Is there anything lore-wise that actively precludes BEs from druidism?
Reply Quote
04/06/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Galindruhek

I assume you mean the Feralfen lost ones? I've been trying to get Blizzard to comment on them for years, but I'll tell you one thing that they have that the botanists in the Botanica don't have- a connection to the emerald drea (to wit: the feralfen are servants of the Arakkoa, one of the Arakkoa's outland-native gods has found some way into Azeroth's emerald dream and made a pact with the nightmare).

I don't think it's a clear instance of either and was simply positing it as possible evidence of the presence of BE druidism in lore. Is there anything lore-wise that actively precludes BEs from druidism?

The fact that druid education is extremely centralized and the blood elves have a well known antagonistic relationship with pretty much all societies and organizations involved in training druids AND the fact that their culture specifically involves disparaging that of the night elves, of which druidism is a major component?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The Blood Elves and the Tauren get along just fine, as far as I know.

At least, their Blood Knights and Sunwalkers do.

And even if they can't learn directly from the Cenarion Circle, it isn't exactly a secret what the Cenarion druids are doing in the Plaguelands, and the Blood Elves could easily observe their spells and try to replicate them in the Ghostlands, sort of reverse-engineering the Druid the way they reverse-engineered the Paladin.

It's likely that that's what the botanists in Tempest Keep did, I think.
Edited by Gibbons on 4/6/2012 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/06/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Gibbons
And even if they can't learn directly from the Cenarion Circle, it isn't exactly a secret what the Cenarion druids are doing in the Plaguelands, and the Blood Elves could easily observe their spells and try to replicate them in the Ghostlands, sort of reverse-engineering the Druid the way they reverse-engineered the Paladin.

They didn't "reverse engineer" being a paladin. M'uru willingly gave them the light energy they needed. The only way I could see them becoming druids is if they kidnapped a powerful Keeper of the Grove who secretly wanted them to be druids- something I don't see happening.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/06/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Omacron
The fact that druid education is extremely centralized and the blood elves have a well known antagonistic relationship with pretty much all societies and organizations involved in training druids

I would then point out that the Trolls and the Night Elves have had a long antagonism and Blizzard magically found lore for the Trolls, indicating that the passing of druidic knowledge does not have to happen solely through organizations such as the Cenarion Circle.

AND the fact that their culture specifically involves disparaging that of the night elves, of which druidism is a major component?

There's no direct correlation there. Within any single culture you'll always have those subgroups that go against the grain -- look at the Farstriders. Does the presence of hunters in the Night Elf culture prevent its practice among the Blood Elves?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
04/06/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Kynrind
No thanks....Blood Elf warriors was bad enough.

Why? There's always been High/Blood elf warriors. The only reason they were not allowed at the launch of BC is for game play reasons. So they would have the same number of playable classes as the Draenei.
Warriors are a class with a hardened edge. A class with grit and sand.

Everything a foppish race like the BE don't represent. At least the gnomes and goblins provide a hefty dose of humor as warriors (ESPECIALLY as tanks) The BE don't even have that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Why? There's always been High/Blood elf warriors. The only reason they were not allowed at the launch of BC is for game play reasons. So they would have the same number of playable classes as the Draenei.
Warriors are a class with a hardened edge. A class with grit and sand.

Everything a foppish race like the BE don't represent. At least the gnomes and goblins provide a hefty dose of humor as warriors (ESPECIALLY as tanks) The BE don't even have that.

So, how about those blood elf swordsmen in TFT? What class could they be except warrior?

The only way I could see them becoming druids is if they kidnapped a powerful Keeper of the Grove who secretly wanted them to be druids- something I don't see happening.

That's not how the Gilneans became druids.
Edited by Gibbons on 4/6/2012 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/06/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Gibbons

The night elves took them in, connected indigenous nature magics to druidism and educated them within the Circle.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Is this necro seriously still going?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Warriors are a class with a softened edge. A class with mediocre skills and generally canon fodder.

fixed.
04/06/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Lochnar
Everything a foppish race like the BE don't represent.

They had swordsmen in WC3, so we know they at least have a military corps and have individuals that embody the values of a soldier.That being said I don't think Blood elves should get druids.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You bring a child here? Foolhardy, but I promise that she will come to no harm, at least as long as she doesn't get too close to Incineratus.

Hmm, unfortunate that she's a blood elf. Were she capable of a deep connection to the world, we could teach her some things so that she might aid us to heal its wounds. But, perhaps her exposure to the elements here will give her some insight into their workings.

Go in peace and see to it that you take good care of her.
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=10953
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
"Little Gnomes can't really tank"

This.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
04/06/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Omacron

The night elves took them in, connected indigenous nature magics to druidism and educated them within the Circle.

But there were Gilnean druids before that.
Reply Quote
04/06/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Gibbons

But there were Gilnean druids before that.

There were Gilnean nature magicians before that, it's debatable if they were "druids".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]