'Orgrimmar Grunts' blocking Elders

77 Worgen Druid
I cannot seem to get any elders in horde-controlled towns nor cities as 1 or more Orgrimmar Grunts spawn, agro, shoot, and kill before I have a chance to accept the quests from the elders. I do not see how I could get this achievement this year at this rate, as they hit for 25k and my lvl 82 only has 48k health; I would have to level this character up to max and begin my end-game equipment hunt before I would be able to survive long enough to pick up these quests. Is this a bug or is it standard operating procedure, as it would just be a nuisance if I had to have my friends carry me through every horde town in kalimdor?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Get 10 or so people and work together. It may require some corpse dragging and some of you eating the grunts in the face while others get their elders, then swapping, but you can do it.
Reply Quote
72 Goblin Rogue
I was able to complete all of the elders for the eastern kingdoms, Kalimador & northrend solo with out issues including the ones in IF, Darnasus, and Stormwind. Sure i got killed a few times but i was able to get them all. The only ones i have left are the instance elders. So while its hard todo its not impossible by any means .
Reply Quote
77 Worgen Druid
No, literally, I have 1 second after I come out of stealth and talk to the elder, click the quest, and select accept/complete before the bolt from the newly-materialized grunt kills me. I suppose I should get through outlands and try again, as the northrend instances supposedly have level reqs. But this defense is uncalled-for.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I was able to complete all of the elders for the eastern kingdoms, Kalimador & northrend solo with out issues including the ones in IF, Darnasus, and Stormwind. Sure i got killed a few times but i was able to get them all. The only ones i have left are the instance elders. So while its hard todo its not impossible by any means .

Its great that you were able to do them, but the issue here is with Horde towns. It appears that many of the alliance elders are located a touch away from the towns that they occupy, while the horde elders are placed directly inside of these towns. Its ok that the guards for the town are level 15 or w/e, but when a level 85 guard patrols and can fire an arrow before the quest complete, it appears that there is a bit of a problem.

edit: spelling, grammar
Edited by Wish on 1/24/2011 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
It appears that many of the alliance elders are located a touch away from the towns that they occupy, while the horde elders are placed directly inside of these towns. Its ok that the guards for the town are level 15 or w/e, but when a level 85 guard patrols and can fire an arrow before the quest complete, it appears that there is a bit of a problem.

^ this especially when its a lvl85 flight master (in razor hill no less) who spawns 3 Lv.85 Elite wyverns with 232k hp each
Reply Quote
77 Worgen Druid
The guards aren't on patrol, rather they spawn as soon as you attempt to talk to the elder, just for the sake of engaging you, personally, and immediately open fire. Afterwards they hang around, so as to insta-kill you again if you spawn on your body or attempt to talk to the elder again.
Furthermore, specifically to that one razor hill outpost, they often pull the FM and his two wyverns, (who are literally standing on either side of the elder), who, while normally indifferent, rouse to action and provide those 25k dmg hits I mentioned previously....and also hang around, and aggro at a greater range, (thus killing you after spawning at the graveyard).

This is all somewhat useless banter at this point however as, previously stated, there are level caps in place on the northrend instances and I will have to level fast if I wish to get this achievement anyway. But this is bull#!@*, and I don't mind ###*@ing about it while there is an audience.
Adieu.

-edit
Oh, and in orgrimmar bat riders spawn a little ways away and kill you with ranged weaponry as well. Watching carefully for patrols and their patterns, I aggrod as soon as I hit the ground and was dead 10 seconds later. feels@@@*ingbadman.jpg
Edited by Anthropimore on 1/24/2011 6:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think Razor Hill is impossible for any char under 80 or so.
I've been carefully noting whether any of the alliance elders are equivalently impossible for horde; none in Eastern Kingdoms are.

So we have:
  • A clear "F...Y..." to any alliance players trying Razor Hill

• Worgens screwed by starting the mount achiev one down with nothing to show for it (no instant-cast, no ability to do things while "running wild").

• Alliance losing Southshore, while Horde gets all of Azshara

Is Bliz trying to drive alliance players from the game? I've seen a half dozen quit or stop logging in over the last month.
Reply Quote
54 Night Elf Hunter
Bummed that I cannot complete Elders of Kalimdor on this toon because of Razor Hill and Crossroads spawning skull level Grunts that shoot me down before I can click on the quest. I was able to complete Elders of Eastern Kingdoms without a problem.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
I know I dont appreicate getting killed 3 times trying to get to an elder in dolannar, because someone left a ?? sentinal next to him. Still didn't get the elder.
Edited by Lilgreenpeep on 1/29/2011 9:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I actually dont appreciate that they reset them if you had many of them already complete from last year. Thats my biggest issue with elders at this point. As a horde player, i have seen a few ally come into org and get the elder without being killed ive also seem them die horribly.
Reply Quote
82 Human Hunter
I'm writing this as a level 63 Human Hunter. I read these comments and the comments in another thread from 2012 -- before realizing it's 2013. I didn't see anything posted from 2013 so things must be better. Anyone who was put off by these comments should just go ahead and do the elder series. I got the achievements for Elders of the Eastern Kingdom and Elders of Kalimdor without firing a shot - just dying several times on the harder ones.

I did create targeting macros for the more difficult elders: /target Elder ____. I spent a lot of time looking up macros to complete a quest but they didn't work and I never downloaded an addon for completing quests. So I tried to be quick clicking on "Accept Res", hot keying the targeting macro and clicking on the "Complete Quest" button. Hard to do when I was anticipating a fatal strike from anywhere.

I think there have been adjustments to the Razor Hill mechanics because I found it possible to complete it in about 4 minutes with 3 deaths. I only saw one grunt and the biggest problem was the flight master. I was never attacked by wyverns. The graveyard was as dangerous as inside Razor Hill. Each time I hit the dirt I had to see how far I could move as a ghost and still get the "Accept Res" button. For the Crossroads, the key was to wait as a ghost until a player engaged the Flight Master.

On this long tour I was disappointed to find the temple entrance near Elder Ragetotem in Tanaris in ruins. There's no mystery in a pile of new rubble. Mysteries: the fragment of a ballad over the jungle in the Cape of Stranglethorn. Best find (from a Forum thread): the small portal to Stormwind on the Outlands side of the Dark Portal. Turn left, jump down to the lower level (Alliance side), and look for the small image of the spires of Stormwind along the back stone wall. Beats running into the rocks in the Blasted Lands looking for a return portal that isn't there.

I liked the Wowhead Lunar Festival Guide -- a map and Comments tab for each elder.

I had my junior horde char do the Elders of the Horde....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
There's a macro to auto complete quests in the window.
Revive next to them, click em, and spam it like crazy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]