Justice Points for Normal Cata Dungeons

50 Goblin Shaman
Yea if I ever come back to this game and level this toon I am going to shut XP off at 80 and run wrath heroics until I get the JP cap unless they change something.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The initial concept of the jp/vp system was that questing and normal/heroic dungeons would grant JP up to a daily cap. Daily heroics would give VP, and raids would only provide VP. I kinda wish they kept that in place because running GB, HoO and, TLC sucks.

Did they ever say Normals would reward JPs? Because, well, the current system is pretty darn good.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Yes, normal were to offer JP like heroics just less per boss and completion if run thru randoms.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I kind of wish they gave you 70 jp for completing a normal cata dungeon everytime. It would make it a little easier for me to gear up my characters for heroics.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I'd like to see PVP gear purchased with all these JP's I have.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/24/2011 12:15 PMPosted by Beefhammer
Yes, normal were to offer JP like heroics just less per boss and completion if run thru randoms.

Source? I have no memory of that at all.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Warlock
01/24/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Cheesebread
I have said this a few times.

You need the JP gear to properly run a heroic. Even a full set of 346 doesnt guarantee you any success.

All you can get from regs right now is rep, and 70 JP per day. You'd have a full 346 set that way... well you'd have a chestpiece from the JP vendor in 30 days. It's not hard to see why people take the shortcut up to heroics where they can earn about 280+ JP per Run, and do that several times per day if they wish. You would have your JP gear in a few days, to a week.
You need JP gear to do heroics?

You are funny.

I walked into heroics at ilvl 330. It was difficult, but the system was also grouping me with similarly geared players for the most part.

It wasnt the easiest thing in the world. But guess what was?

I ran Vortex and Throne of Tides repeatedly because those were the two instances i KNEW I could heal through. Without fail, no matter how terrible the tank was geared, as long as everyone did their job even half-assed properly.

If you cant do a heroic, do regulars. There is no reason you cant do a heroic when all of your gear is 333. In fact, by the time you average 333, most of the heroics are NOT that difficult.

You do NOT need to ave 346 gear before you do heroics. Plain and simple.
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Hunter
Even if the JP award per boss/instance were minimal, it would be better than getting none. Right now, people are maxing there JP pre 85 and buying the 2-3 items and getting PvP gear to boost there iLvL to get into heroics. In short, skipping the intended Normals (learning the content) and going into heroics without a clew.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
12 Troll Shaman
There's some changes in the latest 4.0.6 patch notes that may be of interest here:
Level-85 dungeon bosses in Lost City of the Tol'Vir, Grim Batol, and Halls of Origination now drop 30 Justice Points each when killed.

The daily Random Dungeon reward on normal difficulty has been increased to 140 Justice Points, up from 70.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2011384
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
How much more JP should normals give than they do now?

Be careful. If the number is too high, it will be more efficient to run normals than heroics for points, which obviates the need to do more than one heroic a day.

While we're on the subject, shouldn't we make heroics drop more Valor points, by your logic? Even a full set of 359 gear doesn't guarantee you any success in raids.

While we're at it, we should have normal raids give points to buy 372 gear, shouldn't we?

And then heroic raids could give points for 385 gear. This can't possibly be a bad idea.

You know what. Let's just leave everything how it is. It's fine. Having a full set of 333s and a few 346's is plenty good for heroics.
Edited by Candellas on 1/24/2011 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
01/24/2011 12:59 PMPosted by Candellas
How much more JP should normals give than they do now?

Be careful. If the number is too high, it will be more efficient to run normals than heroics for points, which obviates the need to do more than one heroic a day.

While we're on the subject, shouldn't we make heroics drop more Valor points, by your logic? Even a full set of 359 gear doesn't guarantee you any success in raids.

While we're at it, we should have normal raids give points to buy 372 gear, shouldn't we?

And then heroic raids could give points for 385 gear. This can't possibly be a bad idea.

You know what. Let's just leave everything how it is. It's fine. Having a full set of 333s and a few 346's is plenty good for heroics.

As of now normals don't give any JP at all...so I don't know what you are talking about, they only give you some for your first random normal, after that, you get nothing, I see nothing wrong with the 3 normal dungeons giving JP per boss, that just means more people getting geared up better/quicker for heroics to make groups run smoother.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We understand that some players think there's too little incentive to run normal dungeons at level 85 -- especially when it comes to Justice Points. While players can earn points by completing the normal random daily, it's not a huge amount, and many of you feel that this is not an adequate reward for the time and effort you invest.

This is feedback we've taken to heart, and in patch 4.0.6 we've made some changes that should hopefully make running normal dungeons at level cap more appealing:

• Dungeon bosses from normal Grim Batol, Halls of Origination, and Lost City of the Tol'Vir will grant 30 Justice Points each when killed.

• The first random daily normal dungeon quest will reward 140 Justice Points, up from 70 Justice Points.

These changes were just added to the PTR. You can check out other upcoming changes in patch 4.0.6 here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2011384#blog
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Since you're handing out more justice points, can you let justice vendors sell trinkets/weapons? There simply isn't enough gear options from those people. The 4000 cap is reached way too easily and the useable gear isn't sufficient.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Running "normals" is most certainly worth the time. Not only do you get the prerequisite gear to run heroics (and yes, 333's are fine for heroics), but you also get the experience of the boss fights (most are not that different from their heroic counterparts).

Normals > Heroics > Raids

It's the natural progression of the game. You're supposed to run normals first.
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Death Knight
This is what I was waiting for to return back to Cata. Thanks for the update to the PTR and I hope Live soon.
Edited by Murdermuffin on 1/24/2011 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]