WoW Expansion benefits by level

100 Gnome Mage
As suggested by Icedragon in another thread, I'm posting my own list of expansion benefits. Unlike hers which is sorted by expansion, mine is sorted by level. Please let me know of any inaccurate info or omissions so that I can correct them.

WoW expansion benefits by level:
All levels:
The Burning Crusade:
Access to Draenei and Blood Elf races and their starting areas and capitals
Wrath of the Lich King:
Access to Northrend zones.
Catclysm:
Access to Worgen and Goblin races and their starting areas while leveling from 1-12 as that particular race.
Access to Uldum, Hyjal, Twilight Highlands unaided; access to Vashj'ir, Deepholm and Tol Barad via a summon.

20 and up:
Cataclysm:
Access to the Archaeology secondary profession.

35 and up:
The Burning Crusade:
Access to Master level training for raising secondary professions above 300 skill
Access to the Eye of the Storm battleground
Wrath of the Lich King:
Access to Grandmaster training for raising secondary professions above 375 skill
Cataclysm:
Access to Illustrious Grand Master training for raising secondary professions above 425 skill.

50 and up:
The Buring Crusade:
Access to Master level training for raising tradeskills above 300 skill

55 and up:
Wrath of the Lich King:
Access to the Death Knight hero class

58 and up:
The Burning Crusade:
Access to Outland questing

60 and up:
The Burning Crusade:
Access to continued leveling past 60.
Access to flying mounts and flying in Outland.
Cataclysm:
Access to the Flight Master's License for flying in Kalimdor, Lordaeron, Khaz Modan, Azeroth, and Deepholm.

65 and up:
Wrath of the Lich King:
Access to Grandmaster training for raising tradeskills above 375 skill
Access to the Srand of the Ancients battleground

68 and up:
Wrath of the Lich King:
Quests start to become available in Northrend.
Access to Cold Weather Flying for flying in Northrend.

70 and up:
The Burning Crusade:
Access to TBC Heroic dungeons and raids. All expansion content unlockable at this level.
Access to high-speed flying training for riding flying mounts at 380% of running speed while flying.
Wrath of the Lich King:
Access to leveling past 70
Cataclysm:
Access to Vashj'ir unassisted (requires +280% flying to avoid death from fatigue)

75 and up:
Wrath of the Lich King:
Access to the Isle of Conquest battleground
Access to the Wintergrasp PvP zone.
Cataclysm:
Access to Illustrious Grand Master training for raising tradeskills above 425 skill.

77 and up:
Cataclysm:
Access to Cataclysm dungeons via walk-in begins.

80 and up:
Wrath of the Lich King:
Access to Wrath heroic dungeons and raids. All Wrath content unlockable at this level.
Access to high-speed flying training for riding flying mounts at 410% of running speed while flying.
Cataclysm:
Access to questing in Cataclysm zones begins.
Access to Cataclysm dungeons via LFD begins.
Access to leveling past 80.

82 and up:
Catackysm:
Access to Deepholm unassisted.

83 and up:
Cataclysm:
Access to all Cataclysm normal-mode dungeons via walk-in.

84 and up:
Cataclysm:
Access to all Cataclysm normal-mode dungeons via LFD.

85:
Cataclysm:
Access to the Battle for Gilneas battleground.
Access to Cataclysm heroics and raids. All Cataclysm content unlockable at this level.
Access to Tol'Barad and the Tol'Barad Peninsula PvP zone unassisted.
Edited by Deadlykris on 2/8/2011 8:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Nowhere do you mention battlegrounds, which are controlled by level and expansions.

01/19/2011 4:52 PMPosted by Deadlykris
Access to Uldum, Hyjal, Twilight Highlands.

You left out Tol'Barad, Vash'jir, and Deepholm.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Nowhere do you mention battlegrounds, which are controlled by level and expansions.

Access to Uldum, Hyjal, Twilight Highlands.

You left out Tol'Barad, Vash'jir, and Deepholm.

Thanks. I left out those three zones because as far as I know, you need to be 85 to access Tol'Barad, and at any rate accessing the other two without the help of someone else does require a higher level than 1. Though realistically just getting to any of those zones would provide more than enough XP to level you beyond level 1. I'll get the battlegrounds info added into the list shortly.

EDIT: Added expansion battlegrounds, Wintergrasp, and Tol'Barad in the appropriate places.
Edited by Deadlykris on 1/19/2011 5:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Warrior
thanks for this post. im new to this game and the information you provided me is very beneficial.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Didn't notice this before, she Jewlcrafting listed as needing Burning Crusade, this is no longer the case. Also need to add

20 and up:
Cataclysm:
Archeology
Reply Quote
68 and up:
Wrath of the Lich King:

Unless they changed this recently, this is only true if you already have a level 80 character (you have to go through NR once on foot). Level 77 is I believe the earliest you can buy Cold Weather Flying without a level 80+ character on the realm.
Edited by Sneakys on 2/8/2011 7:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
68 and up:
Wrath of the Lich King:

Unless they changed this recently, this is only true if you already have a level 80 character (you have to go through NR once on foot). Level 77 is I believe the earliest you can buy Cold Weather Flying without a level 80+ character on the realm.

They changed it in 4.0.1 IIRC
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Didn't notice this before, she Jewlcrafting listed as needing Burning Crusade, this is no longer the case. Also need to add

20 and up:
Cataclysm:
Archeology

Fixed, thanks.

EDIT: made a few more tweaks to the first post.
Edited by Deadlykris on 2/8/2011 8:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
Nice list! Very helpful.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
At least you can spell Draenei.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Priest
Can you still fly without cataclysm?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
05/04/2011 06:25 PMPosted by Ashtten
Can you still fly without cataclysm?

In Outlands (assuming you're level 60 and have Burning Crusade) and in Northrend (assuming you're level 68 have Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King) then yes
Edited by Akosi on 5/4/2011 6:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
82 and up:
Catackysm:
Access to Deepholm unassisted.

just a quick fix here in the Italics. "Cataclysm" spelling fixed. :-P

Also, just an idea to think about, you may want to make the "titles" of each level section stand out more, similar to what I did in your quote above with the Bold and Underlined title for the section name.

just small stuff to make it a bit easier to navigate through the list.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
With the "Level 35 and Up" section, you have all the tradeskill levels listed and then you list them again under the appropriate level needed to gain training in those tradeskills/professions.

Just a small note. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

They changed it in 4.0.1 IIRC

I got it at 68 with no lvl 80+ characters a few weeks ago.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
You don't need a level 55+ on any server to get access to the death knight class now. You just need to have WoTLK installed. I know because when I made this new account I installed all expansions up front and activated all of them.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
05/05/2011 12:31 AMPosted by Aonbyte
You don't need a level 55+ on any server to get access to the death knight class now. You just need to have WoTLK installed. I know because when I made this new account I installed all expansions up front and activated all of them.

Yes you do
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]