Average Warrior Dps - Doing Something Wrong?

85 Human Warrior
FURY

I hear alot about "dude fury warrior just pulled 20k in a heroic"

If u look up my gear, my gear isnt bad.. my str is pretty low but ive got alot of hit and crit...

Im only averaging 12/13k in heroics and 14-15k in raids... am i doing something wrong?

Id love to hear what other warriors are pulling / rotations (if any i dont have 1 i just make sure i use RB whenever up / BT / HS when those r down with extra rage / Slam when proc'd and RB + BT = CD)

Id love to see what other FURY warriors are pulling in dps comparison and any tips or suggestions would help me out! (moves or gear or stats.. anything helpful!)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I've never seen ANYONE pull 20k consistently in a heroic, and 20k is about average for top end mostly epic geared raiders.

You're doing fine. Maybe a little low, but by 1-2k, not 7-8k.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
You're not going to pull 20k in a heroic unless there's a gimmick or AoE. Raids, yeah, that's much more possible, but still likely to be a few gimmicks.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
i once pulled 18k on Rahj on heroic HOO. I was so proud in my little blues. But yes, in a normal fight you won't do close to that in a 5man
Edited by Lzzyhale on 1/20/2011 4:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Thanks for the posts so far, and no this isnt a troll post.. im sincerly interested in any help i could get on my dps

Any tips or anything is cool.. also id love to hear wat u guys r doing, rotations or special tricks or anything of the sort to bump ur dps...

Also wats the average dps for 346 iLvl?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
I'd be interested to know this as well. With my (admittedly messy) gear right now I pull around 10-11k DPS in heroics. Haven't stepped into a raid yet, but I'm trying to figure out if I'm where I should be in terms of DPS with my gear being what it is.

Sargana, from the sound of it, you are doing fine DPS - I'm also quite jealous of that mace. Though, if you don't mind my asking, why only 18 Expertise? Or am I missing something on the armory page?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
It was either and AoE or a gimmick fight like Samayael said.

Part of your DPS problem may be your low Expertise value, 18 is going to leave a significant portion of your damage as dodged and parried.

I'm doing about 11-13k zonewide with 12-16k on non-gimmick non-AoE bosses (group dependent), and that damage dropped off rather significantly, ~500, when I swapped some gear around to get more crit and lost just four points of Expertise, I can't imagine how far it'd drop missing eight points.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Haha mabe i need more expertise true true.. doesnt seem so bad tho considering all the expertise from that last 8 or so is mostly parry and im allways behind the boss..

and lets not get caught up on the 20k dps it was just an exageration (was said tho) but it was meaning to make discussion of "higher fury dps"
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
01/20/2011 6:05 PMPosted by Sargana
Haha mabe i need more expertise true true.. doesnt seem so bad tho considering all the expertise from that last 8 or so is mostly parry and im allways behind the boss..

and lets not get caught up on the 20k dps it was just an exageration (was said tho) but it was meaning to make discussion of "higher fury dps"

How is that last 8 or so mostly parry? It affects both evenly until you hit 6.25%.

My warrior does between 11-13k on heroic bosses depending on fight mechanics and group comp. Gear isn't all that great (342 average ilvl). What do you consider "higher fury DPS"?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
My personal best so far with my current gear is 18.6k dps on Rajh in Heroic HOO.
I use PowerAuras to help monitor Incite and BattleTrance procs. When BattleTrance procs, I try to use HS. Try not to use your free bloodsurge Slam on a BattleTrance proc cos it consumes both your Bloodsurge proc and BattletTrance proc. Other than that, rotation is the same as recommended by Sam in his sticky.
Edited by Surpass on 1/20/2011 7:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Im personally an arms warrior but it looks like you could drop some mastery and hit for more haste ... not sure if there is still the hit debuff for 2h furry, but if there isnt you have way to much hit
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Ya thats what i was thinking im wondering if i should DROP hit for (Crit or Haste)

Thought hit was more dps but mabe they changed it up...

Also it seems like im lacking strength? Anyone compare please?

*** just got 2 new upgrades tonight shoulder and trinket ***
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warrior
01/20/2011 8:35 PMPosted by Dookie
Im personally an arms warrior but it looks like you could drop some mastery and hit for more haste ... not sure if there is still the hit debuff for 2h furry, but if there isnt you have way to much hit

You can't just go for the special hit cap and leave it at that anymore if that's what you're saying. 27 percent is the cap for white hits and you want to get as close to it as possible without gimping other, more important stats. The op's hit is fine.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Bump my last post above
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
01/20/2011 8:51 PMPosted by Cramer
Ur doing about what you should be doing. When I was in your gear thats all I pulled .

Currently I do about 18-22k on heroic boss, about 30k on rah and about 80k on the tides boss.

You will never pull 20k on any normal fight in that current gear.

Reforge the expertise on your ring instead of the haste, it'll drop you to 26, instead of being two points over the cap!

Unless of course you have those two points because of some secret boss mechanic I haven't discovered yet. Pretty jealous of that gear.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Biggest question ... should i drop some of my 21% something hit for more crit or haste?

Also i think my str is lacking, c alot of warriors with 4200+ guess its due to gear but...

Hit for Crit or Haste after what %? like only need 18% hit now? or 17%? any figures would help me out!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Never go for Hit => Haste unless you are over capping Hit.

Hit => Crit works, but only if you're maintaining rage generation to a level that allows you to perform your rotation. Personally, it isn't worth doing so, but I'm over 20% crit self buffing, more rage and white hits will produce more damage than an extra percent or two of criticals will produce.

But thats from my own observations of switching cog wheels, gemming and reforging to get to 25% Crit and 18% hit as opposed to 20% and 24% hit. Others get different mileages out of the different levels.

The strength is from their gear levels, once raid gear starts stacking up on you, it starts leaping ahead of heroic gear. That and alot of people have lower Hit and Crit than they should due to gemming for the Strength, which is a much lower gain per point than either of the former.
Edited by Pahner on 1/21/2011 10:47 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]