Mining

85 Draenei Shaman
so heres a question for someone.. i wrote blizz... and got the generic in game email sayin everythign is working properly...
my mining says that i have learned and levled everythign i can.. all my smelting is grey... i have learned up to 340.. but according to trainers i need to be 350.. i looked online and sure enuf adamantite is the highest until 350.. how is one supposed to level from 340 to 350 if nothing is even green to mine or smelt???
Reply Quote
60 Dwarf Warrior
The color values for smelting and tapping a node are different. Typically a node will give skill ups beyond what smelting the ore will. If you cannot smelt, you must explore and tap nodes.

There are also a few enchants you can get to give you a small boost for the last few numbers. Just put them on a cheap pair of gloves and put them on to tap the mine node.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
Go mine ore in the highest levels of Outland and then you will gain points.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
the above advice is good but consider this my mining is 425 the next ore for me is obsidian ore but im only lvl 72 so i cant go mine it i can however try and get to 450 for titaniun and hope for the best
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
You can mine Saronite in the Basin and it will easily take you way past where you are now. I went to over 500 on saronite. Skill-ups slow down but you will still get a lot at your level. I started mining there at level 70-71 . Just watch out and you can hop in and out without fighting mobs.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
05/31/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Katialia
the above advice is good but consider this my mining is 425 the next ore for me is obsidian ore but im only lvl 72 so i cant go mine it i can however try and get to 450 for titaniun and hope for the best

You can mine Saronite in the Basin and it will easily take you way past where you are now. I went to over 500 on saronite. Skill-ups slow down but you will still get a lot at your level. I started mining there at level 70-71 . Just watch out and you can hop in and out without fighting mobs.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
05/31/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Katialia

I got to 525 on a level 75 alt. Its tough and you die a bit but you can do it. Once you get to elementium in uldum its easier since there are a lot of nodes you can get that have no mobs around them. You can also get 5 easy skill ups doing the darkmoon faire quests. Next one starts sunday.
Reply Quote
73 Night Elf Hunter
My Skill at mining seems stuck at 300. Anyone know why it wont go up from there for me? Nightelf hunter
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
01/09/2013 05:00 PMPosted by Faol
My Skill at mining seems stuck at 300. Anyone know why it wont go up from there for me? Nightelf hunter

Visit your mining trainer and learn the next level of mining.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Uh...

Ok. First off, if you don't have one yet, buy a mining pick. It adds +10 and helps get you through ore type/level transitions with ease.

.... and holy necro batman.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]