Does report afk work?

(Locked)

85 Tauren Paladin
When I come across people afk in bgs I'll report them, and as indicated by the chat, other people are annoyed and report them as well. How come they never get kicked out?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Multiple people reporting them will cause the reported player to get a debuff. After that debuff ticks off they recieve another. Once that one drops they are booted.

A lot of people don't bother clicking report even though they say they do. Combat breaks the debuff.
90 Human Warlock
The big thing about Report AFK which a lot of people forget is that it files a ticket to have a GM investigate. That happens whether or not they have the debuff or not.
90 Human Death Knight
Doesn't work in Battle for Gilneas fyi ):

No matter how many people report.
Support Forum Agent
Heya Brooce,
01/24/2011 9:07 AMPosted by Brooce
When I come across people afk in bgs I'll report them, and as indicated by the chat, other people are annoyed and report them as well. How come they never get kicked out?
If a player is not reported by multiple people enough to give them the idle buff they will not be removed right away, other times they use a smart bot that keeps them in combat and they can't receive this buff if in combat, so they stay in the game. These bots takes a lot longer to identify but reporting them eventually gets them reported to us, so we can investigate them.
90 Human Death Knight
01/24/2011 10:42 AMPosted by Zenlyth
Heya Brooce,
If a player is not reported by multiple people enough to give them the idle buff they will not be removed right away, other times they use a smart bot that keeps them in combat and they can't receive this buff if in combat, so they stay in the game. These bots takes a lot longer to identify but reporting them eventually gets them reported to us, so we can investigate them.

Is the Battle for Gilneas issue on the radar? Please say yes );
85 Draenei Shaman
It doesn't seem to work in Twin Peaks either.
85 Human Mage
These bots takes a lot longer to identify but reporting them eventually gets them reported to us, so we can investigate them.

Eventually, meaning months and months and months of us players putting up with them.

SWIFT, DECICIVE and IMMEDIATE action is needed.

afterall they are in EVERY SINGE BG, this isnt a myth, it isnt something we bg players are fabricating, these are Blizzards actual paying player base botting, these are not hacked accounts doing this.

Fact is alot of people are not happy with this expantion and i look for some to be taking a break from the game, I really do not expect Blizzard to do a damn thing to further lose more subscriptions by taking a mass banning on the botters.

The bots are here to stay, its sad to see a game with the quality of WoW to tolerate this BS for even an hour let alone months on end.

Signed, a loyal player since Beta who loves the game but not the state it is currently in.
Support Forum Agent
01/24/2011 11:05 AMPosted by Rattman
These bots takes a lot longer to identify but reporting them eventually gets them reported to us, so we can investigate them.

Eventually, meaning months and months and months of us players putting up with them.

SWIFT, DECICIVE and IMMEDIATE action is needed.

afterall they are in EVERY SINGE BG, this isnt a myth, it isnt something we bg players are fabricating, these are Blizzards actual paying player base botting, these are not hacked accounts doing this.

Fact is alot of people are not happy with this expantion and i look for some to be taking a break from the game, I really do not expect Blizzard to do a damn thing to further lose more subscriptions by taking a mass banning on the botters.

The bots are here to stay, its sad to see a game with the quality of WoW to tolerate this BS for even an hour let alone months on end.

Signed, a loyal player since Beta who loves the game but not the state it is currently in.
Understood, and I know for a fact you are not making it up, no one is questioning that. I answer many of these threads and we are doing what we can to handle them. Unfortunately, we cannot do this overnight as we all wish, but we do what we can and no the bots are not here to stay as you state, Rattman.
90 Undead Warlock
Great answer, to us, the paying player base it looks like the bots are never investigated or removed or kicked or punished in any sort of way.

A lot of people are pretty unhappy about bot infested BGs with little or no action taken by your part. We would like clean, bot free BGs that are policed not by the players (which is distracting and more than a little annoying to do a *job* while playing and paying for a game) but by dedicated blue bot spotters.
90 Human Death Knight
Heya Brooce,

and by investigate you mean do almost nothing?

This isn't a troll at all, bots are plaguing our battlegrounds and blizzard hasn't acted.

What do you want us to do to get these people banned from the game? We've reported them. The player base continues to send in reports of bots all the time, and they're still out their in PACKS.

PACKS!

and it's not just hackers anymore. It's now players who can't invest the time to be successful so they resort to bots to gain honor or gold to buy gear instead of earning it.

You tell us that you're working to "break" the bots.

We want the players banned. We don't want to sit around for 6 months(5 years) having to deal with botters in bg's or botters out farming, ruining our server economy, making it almost impossible to farm legit.

We've complained about bots for years on the forums. Not as a single entity but as a playerbase as a whole.

You've made one solid attempt at trying to curb botting and that was during the great banwave of TBC.

Where's the justice?

When are we going to get our answer?

Edited so it doesn't seem as stand-offish
Edited by Cervarius on 1/24/2011 11:16 AM PST
1 Troll Mage
Just as an FYI, these arent always bots. Sometimes they're legitimate players like me who glance at their screen every once in a while to see if they have the debuff then attack someone to lose it.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Heya Brooce,

Have you guys considered maybe making them auto-reported if you don't leave the cave, like, ever? Or better yet, don't debuff them, but track that across multiple game and eventually just revoke the right to q for bgs (like any of them for 1mo 3 mos 6 mos) unless the account was stolen? Cause, it really doesn't seem to be working at all well. We still have almost as many afk'ers as we did before reporting was implemented, imo.

If you revoked q'ing rights (on the account, not the toon!), then they can take the bg gear that they've earned and stare at it for all I care... they won't be taking up a spot in a bg from others who might actually want to, you know, pvp.
Support Forum Agent
Heya Brooce,

Have you guys considered maybe making them auto-reported if you don't leave the cave, like, ever? Or better yet, don't debuff them, but track that across multiple game and eventually just revoke the right to q for bgs (like any of them for 1mo 3 mos 6 mos) unless the account was stolen? Cause, it really doesn't seem to be working at all well. We still have almost as many afk'ers as we did before reporting was implemented, imo.

If you revoked q'ing rights (on the account, not the toon!), then they can take the bg gear that they've earned and stare at it for all I care... they won't be taking up a spot in a bg from others who might actually want to, you know, pvp.
Any suggestions on how we can improve the way the AFk feature works, is best voiced on our battleground forums. Our developers read these forums to get these types of ideas, that is actually where the afk feature came from.

We are always trying to improve ways to catch these players, including implementing this feature when there was none. Ideas like these are helpful, but they need to be voiced on the appropriate forum for them to be heard.
Edited by Zenlyth on 1/24/2011 11:40 AM PST
85 Worgen Druid
I had a group of 5 people with me that queued for Gilneas several times and one person was afk almost each battle (different each time). ALL FIVE OF US reported them afk while they sat at the entrance while not being in combat and were never kicked or given a debuff at any point.

So as far as I'm concerned reporting still works in the classic BGs to my knowledge because I have helped people get reported, but most definitely has not worked ONCE in the new BGs (in my personal experience).

Is this a known issue or is there something I should be aware of?
40 Draenei Paladin
01/24/2011 11:17 AMPosted by Tugboat
Just as an FYI, these arent always bots. Sometimes they're legitimate players like me who glance at their screen every once in a while to see if they have the debuff then attack someone to lose it.

You are just as bad as those that are botting. If you do not want to participate in the battleground, do not join it. I hope that now that you've admitted to battleground non-participation on the forum that you are investigated and removed from the game.
81 Blood Elf Warlock
01/24/2011 7:11 PMPosted by Loveriel
Not usually such a pessimist, but this has been a huge problem for years and they've not lifted a finger. Just put up with it or find something else to do, because they've also said, for years, that they want suggestions, are looking into it, etc.

You're just being baited around

Baseless accusations don't help at all. If you would like they could fix it right now, it would mean that you wouldn't be able to play, but hey it's fixed right? It isn't always easy to fix things.

And they are trying, do you see anymore of the floating corpse spam in the capital cities? Didn't think so.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]