Tailoring gets more cloth drops?

85 Night Elf Druid
I read somewhere that if you are a tailor you get cloth drops.

Is this true?

Is it a learned skill?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
It begins in Northrend and it is a trained ability. It continues in Cata, but there is nothing in the tradeskill or tooltips to tell you this. It has been observed by players since Cata release.
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Rogue
Plus it recently got bumped from 25% extra to 50% extra. There's a blue post somewhere about it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Its great in instances with non-tailors. They loot their corpse, then sparkles appear letting you know you can get your cloth. On a Heroic SFK run recently I ended up with 24 bolts of embersilk.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
So i want see this until level 70?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah, the extra cloth drops are ridiculous. I find so much in dungeons. It's why the xpac-crazed prices are dropping to normal-ish levels (its a good thing).

Yes, you don't get the cloth scavenger skill til Northrend, I think. Go ride your bus/ship there and see if you can learn it yet.

Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
It is nice. But a ton of times drives me nuts because while I sit and drink before gogogogo tank pulls more the mage and warlock snap up all that pretty cloth with their health around half.

/sad priest tailor is sad.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
01/24/2011 4:41 PMPosted by Juuna
It begins in Northrend and it is a trained ability. It continues in Cata, but there is nothing in the tradeskill or tooltips to tell you this. It has been observed by players since Cata release.

It is no longer a trained ability.

You just start seeing extra cloth at 400 tailoring.
Reply Quote
01/24/2011 6:52 PMPosted by Rankin

It is no longer a trained ability.

You just start seeing extra cloth at 400 tailoring.

Thanks for the update!
Reply Quote
59 Troll Druid
It is nice that they added a bonus for NR/Cata cloth drops.

That said, rather than actually fixing low level professions, my impression is that they just amped up the number of herb/mine nodes.

Which does address the mat requirements for any professions using those materials, but I haven't seen a fix for LW. A stack of Heavy Leather on my server runs about 80g, and you might get 1-2 skill points out of it, and it takes the same amount of time to farm x leather as before.

Given that I barely break even on cloth just to level first aid, I can't imagine tailoring is all that fun to level to 300 without spending big at the AH. Am I wrong on that?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
From what I've seen ALL tailors in the group see the same extra cloth. So it's a FFA for which tailor get it.

Say a mob dies and it's the tanks loot. He loots it and then you see it sparkle cause there's extra cloth there.
Both I and a mage DPS are tailors with this skill. We BOTH can see that sparkle and either one of us can run and take it.

I find that incredibly stupid and most of the time I'm in the back because, well, as a healer I shouldn't be in the front.
Very annoying, but whatever, cloth prices are going down and it's not the first time Blizzard has done something to make grinding harder.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This is still a trained ability. The tailor trainer right off the boat in Northrend, teach a skill that

"allows a chance for extra cloth drops in Northrend"

It is seldom, but i notice i do sometimes get x5 frostweave off some dungeon drops.

If the 400+ something just happens, sounds fishy... If anything in WoW modifies you, it usually tells you somewhere about it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
You don't have to go to Northrend to learn it. All trainers have all of the trainer learned recipies now. Most people probably wouldn't notice that they trained it because sometimes you'll hit the trainer and have like, 20 recipies to learn and just spam the button to learn them all.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I can't believe you guys are complaining about this. You know what I get got a dungeon run, a big repair bill and maybe a heavenly shard, and you guys get tons of free gold. I know tailoring sucks with it's unbelievably insane end cloth cost, 5 orbs per or just once a week????, but even at a low sell price of 3g a piece this ability alone is a gold for you. As an Alchemist I can make a lot of gold but my best stuff is on a once a day CD and you can just que up again and get more. Each dungeon run should net you between 200g and 300g on top of greens, boss drops and the occasional BOE item. Make your money now and level your tailoring up later when the materials will be cheaper.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
On my alt I have tailoring. It IS learned, but as a quest that you have to pay 5g for. I specifically went to the one in dalaran, but I think you could do it at any of the northrend trainers.

Aradoraena,
Aleale,
Sen'Jin US
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
04/06/2014 11:08 PMPosted by Aradoraena
On my alt I have tailoring. It IS learned, but as a quest that you have to pay 5g for. I specifically went to the one in dalaran, but I think you could do it at any of the northrend trainers.

Aradoraena,
Aleale,
Sen'Jin US

Which I'm sure everyone in this thread was already well aware of, since it was mentioned a few times already in the thread and considering that this thread if over 3 years old...if they haven't figured it out by now, then they are just too stupid to figure it out on their own....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]