Holy pally nerf, bad way to fix a bad problem

85 Human Paladin
I'm not too worried about the 10% increase, if you look at the Heals Per Second numbers in all raids, Holy Paladins are rocking those numbers.

You also have to consider Shamans, Priests, and I think druids are getting healing buffs. So Even though we are getting nerfed, they are getting buffed so in raids, they will help picking up our slack due to the nerf.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Ooooook.... weird double post
Edited by Mkhai on 1/24/2011 10:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This nerf is totally not needed at all. Why would you buff divine plea by 3% then suddenly increase our main spells by a drastic amount. The divine plea buff no way near makes up for the 10% increase on all spells.

This adds up crazily during a 10 minute raid boss and I can see paladins going oom due to this. So 3% on divine plea an extra 3450 mana per 2 minutes with a fully raid buffed mana pool, wow? Assuming I am spamming holy light every GCD the 10% increase is like another 5880 mana out of my pool every minute. Why? Where am i supposed to be getting this 5880 mana per minute that I already do not have as it is now on long raid fights.

As it stands now fights are already mana intensive, barely anyone wants to play a healer due to the mana issues, changes, so why would you go and do this? How about leaving divine plea back at 15% and taking off the 10% from the spells.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/24/2011 10:09 PMPosted by Shadzie
This nerf is totally not needed at all. Why would you buff divine plea by 3% then suddenly increase our main spells by a drastic amount. The divine plea buff no way near makes up for the 10% increase on all spells.

This adds up crazily during a 10 minute raid boss and I can see paladins going oom due to this. So 3% on divine plea an extra 3450 mana per 2 minutes with a fully raid buffed mana pool, wow? Assuming I am spamming holy light every GCD the 10% increase is like another 5880 mana out of my pool every minute. Why? Where am i supposed to be getting this 5880 mana per minute that I already do not have as it is now on long raid fights.

As it stands now fights are already mana intensive, barely anyone wants to play a healer due to the mana issues, changes, so why would you go and do this? How about leaving divine plea back at 15% and taking off the 10% from the spells.

Uhhh that's why they are buffing the other healing classes.... Yes our mana will theoretically go down a little faster in heroic 5 mans, but in raids the other healers should be more powerful so we don't have to heal as hard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
holy light mana - 2107, 10%= 2308mana

flash of light mana- 6323, 10%= 6955mana

divine light mana - 7026, 10%= 7728mana

not really a big change.

qqmore
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Regardless of other healers being buffed it is still our main role to heal tanks with some holy radiance and light of dawns thrown in around the place. It still comes down to spamming holy light, which will not change whether or not the other healers are helping out due to the apparent buffs they have gained. So with this change it will put more pressure on a already diminishing mana pool during fights. Especially in hard modes when you cannot afford to just holy light and need some divine lights here and there.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/24/2011 10:26 PMPosted by Shadzie
Regardless of other healers being buffed it is still our main role to heal tanks with some holy radiance and light of dawns thrown in around the place. It still comes down to spamming holy light, which will not change whether or not the other healers are helping out due to the apparent buffs they have gained. So with this change it will put more pressure on a already diminishing mana pool during fights. Especially in hard modes when you cannot afford to just holy light and need some divine lights here and there.

Well I guess the problem is the PTR over gear's people. Basing the nerfs based off of full t11 gear does create concern for people like us that aren't in full epics.

Still I'm not too worried about it. If it does really hurt us, I'm pretty sure blizzard will change something. I do wish (NOT with lol) our Divine Plea was back on a 1 minute cooldown.
Edited by Mkhai on 1/24/2011 10:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Considering Paladin's mana situation, they'll still have it better than all other healers post 4.0.6. Paladin throughput isn't being touched, and it's not like Holy runs out of mana so long as you play smartly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just means heroic pugs need to start CCing again.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin

Uhhh that's why they are buffing the other healing classes.... Yes our mana will theoretically go down a little faster in heroic 5 mans, but in raids the other healers should be more powerful so we don't have to heal as hard.

We have yet to see those buffs. And CCing does help don't get me wrong, I am talking about boss encounters. Regular pulls with CC should be manageable by most players.
Edited by Toxcat on 1/24/2011 11:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
01/24/2011 11:33 PMPosted by Arcata
Just means heroic pugs need to start CCing again.

All the CC in the world aint gonna help that group that has a tank in dps gear that refuses to use CDs on trash, when you get this one really hard hitting mob in it that they insist on killing first and you can't kick the guy because two of the dps are his guildies.

I swear to god that's all I get in terms of groups anymore.

Just had a SFK run wipe on Springvale, then the druid tank bailed. The reason we wiped? Combo of him not picking up adds and then turning him in front of us so we got lolaoe'd.

This also ties back to what we have stated so far in regards to healers no longer being able to carry their group through mistakes like this, as it is not the healers fault but healers suffer anyways with not many solutions at their disposal. Remember Divine Sacrifice?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/24/2011 6:41 PMPosted by Toxcat
I will be less inclined my pally after the patch if this happens, you have heard it here first.

This statement was unnecessary. The average forum poster could care less when someone says "I QUIT!".

I will agree with you that this fix is the wrong way to do it. Our mana regen is through the roof, and they're even buffing it at the cost of increasing the mana cost on our spells.
In my experience, paladins have a smaller mana pool than equally geared healers of any other healing class/spec. Making us use more mana on our spells will make this an even bigger problem. This change just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. All healer spells' should be in sync with one another, cost the same mana.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
01/25/2011 12:00 AMPosted by Jondoe
I will be less inclined my pally after the patch if this happens, you have heard it here first.

This statement was unnecessary. The average forum poster could care less when someone says "I QUIT!".

I will agree with you that this fix is the wrong way to do it. Our mana regen is through the roof, and they're even buffing it at the cost of increasing the mana cost on our spells.
In my experience, paladins have a smaller mana pool than equally geared healers of any other healing class/spec. Making us use more mana on our spells will make this an even bigger problem. This change just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. All healer spells' should be in sync with one another, cost the same mana.

Didn't say I quit, in fact no changes have been implemented yet. I realized earlier that saying I won't play on my pally is unrealistic as there are other specs to play as but rather I will shy away from playing my pally as holy spec or just in general as the class has received so much reworking the paladin class is always in a state of chaos.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
dude, seriously, stfu.. ur crying bout your completely OP holy pally getting a few mana increases? ive just come out of 2 arena games, each lasting over 20 minutes against a dps and a holy paladin each time... throughout both of those 20+ minute games the paladin never lost more than 80% health and never came lower than 80% mana... IMO Holy paladins need to be nerfed into the ground, sure they get pwnd in bgs... if 3 or more people jump on them, but that is it.... gear yourself up and you will see just how completely BS overpowered they are, its a joke

I hope when Rift comes out this game gets killed, it is never balanced.
Edited by Stormkreed on 1/25/2011 2:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
FWH
Get mad about the real problem, "Aura Mastery: This ability no longer increases the benefit granted by Crusader Aura." WTH was wrong with super sader aura???
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
screwed over ret healing even more, prot too...thanks a ton.

Now IF i get caught with full mana, ill be 30% further away from a 4th Divine light...woo hoo less healing for me!

but ifd I bubble it's usually deep into a duel and well looks like I might only be getting off 2 divine lights nah I'll get a 3rd whew!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/24/2011 7:03 PMPosted by Toxcat
Plus it should not matter necessarily what I am gemming in terms of haste, crit, intel, and spirit because all are applicable to healing

Wrong mindset, if your going oom, either your rotation are wrong or simply put more spirit.

And try enchant all your gear and gemming correctly before you actually say "i go oom in heroics"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]