Holy pally nerf, bad way to fix a bad problem

85 Gnome Rogue
01/25/2011 2:58 AMPosted by Paladominus
Pretty sure Blizzard intended for Cata to be more challenging than the earlier expansions. If everyone could play heroics easily, regardless of gear, gems, enchants (or total lack of)...what's the point? This thread reminds me of a kid I knew growing up. We played Nintendo games together. He hated any sort of challenge in a game and got upset every time he died. The day "Game Genie" came out, he begged and pleaded with his mom for one until she caved. He got his Game Genie. He could now play the games in easy mode with no skill, or thought required.

That's what WOW needs, game genie cheat codes. Make the game easy enough for anyone to play regardless of skill, gear, etc. Tanks and dps can rest assured when they see someone in 312-333 gear with no enchants, or gems that everything will be ok.

And the tiny amount those gems and enchantments don't matter. Do 7K DPS or 6800. So what. Do 20K or 19K so what.

Everyone thinking it's game changing isn't every bright. It will not be the difference in wiping. That's in the hands of the RNG Gods GC is designing into the game where it's not about skill it's about were you luckly enough for stuff to go off. If not bye bye.

Or did you dance on one foot counter clock wise while patting your head 5 times not 6 while chanting Blizzard is great!

Because if you didn't you wipe. And the gems would not have mattered whether the gear snobs think other wise or not.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
So, I just did Altruis on heroic difficulty with my guildees this evening. This is a great example of one of those fights where so much is going on that it is difficult to manage positioning while trying to dps/tank/heal at the same time. Believe it or not all dps died except the tank and I with altruis at 2 mil health left. It took us about 5 minutes to down him after the dps died, and does go to show that if you work hard enough and with enough luck you can make it through such a fight. Our tank was well geared for the fight. In terms of what i was dealing with I was already oom after the dps died and managed my divine plea and trinkets appropriately. But, I was still going OOM, hell there were moments where I was like "ive got nothing lol CD's will be up soon." Until then I found myself using two spells - holy shock and word of glory - because that's all i could afford to use. Granted things such as gemming and enchanting appropriately help but imagine if this where a situation where incoming damage was greater than the healing output sitting at OOM as well as the tanks ability to survive. This was a tough fight and I have to say it felt like pure luck we survived the fight. Also note there were periods where I was not healing at all.

This is an area I don't think we have necessarily thought about but when you, as a healer, hit oom and are forced to use Regen cool downs continuously ultimately resulting in being OOM due to the duration of the fight, how great is your survivability and even if you have never been to that brink would you expect a situation as I stated above as luck?

Also, I do not have a healing rotation but solely heal on what is called for.

And if those who tend to judge a poster based on their armory my AiLvl is sitting at 337 currently - or close to that. BTW troll posting is why people make level 1's and post on forums to avoid this kind of scrutiny. All some of us want is dialogue not useless comments like omg ur bad or get enchants and gem correctly then ull be fine. I am looking for constructive criticism on the changes not the OP's (me) playstyle as there are plenty of us who admit to situations where balancing changes like this affect our gameplay.
Edited by Toxcat on 1/26/2011 1:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
to the OP. look at your characters audit at the bottom of your character's profile. that is the source of your problems. to get the full potential of your H pally , you need to do whats needed first; gems and enchants. when you pass your audit and still have problems.........it can only be one thing.......it might just be you who are bad. not hating just my two cents.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
01/26/2011 3:47 AMPosted by Jinzho
to the OP. look at your characters audit at the bottom of your character's profile. that is the source of your problems. to get the full potential of your H pally , you need to do whats needed first; gems and enchants. when you pass your audit and still have problems.........it can only be one thing.......it might just be you who are bad. not hating just my two cents.

audit? are you talking about raid progression? And I love how people can't read.

01/26/2011 1:42 AMPosted by Toxcat
And if those who tend to judge a poster based on their armory my AiLvl is sitting at 337 currently - or close to that. BTW troll posting is why people make level 1's and post on forums to avoid this kind of scrutiny. All some of us want is dialogue not useless comments like omg ur bad or get enchants and gem correctly then ull be fine. I am looking for constructive criticism on the changes not the OP's (me) playstyle as there are plenty of us who admit to situations where balancing changes like this affect our gameplay.
Edited by Toxcat on 1/26/2011 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The character audit refers to:

Character Audit
10 unenchanted items
1 empty socket in 1 item
Missing Ebonsteel Belt Buckle

Jewelcrafting: 3 unused Chimera's Eye

So, you could be making your own life much easier; noting that isn't trolling. Slight changes in mana costs shouldn't dramatically affect your ability to complete the encounters you are facing, really.
Edited by Lesaberisa on 1/26/2011 2:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/26/2011 11:12 AMPosted by Toxcat

audit? are you talking about raid progression? And I love how people can't read.

your character audit noob. if you don't understand what that is on your profile, stop asking or seeking for advice. i'm really trying to help you. you can't come to the pally forum seeking advice not expecting to get rolled over by others. 95% of your gears are not enchanted. plus your gears are not even gemmed correctly. its theorycrafted to gem int but why do you gem haste? you are your own troll on your own post buddy.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
MGA
we will still rule after that huge nerf...sorry blizz
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]