WoW holiday events blow. FFXIV got it right.

85 Troll Mage
j/k

Friend is playing FFXIV because he is a masochist. For Christmas the event involved ringing a decorated bell in a major city and receiving gifts. For New years the event involved ringing a differently decorated bell in a major city and receiving gifts. And now for Valentines day the event involves ringing another bell in a major city and receiving gifts.

The best part is the devs felt they should clarify their stance on the matter.

"Each year, there are those who feel inclined to bring attention to the fact that these bells closely resemble those used during other festivals, such as the recent starlight celebration. It is unfortunate that these people must concentrate on the negative when the true meaning behind Valentione's Day is about expressing gratitude to a fellow friend or companion—something that should not require unnecessary displays of extravagance."

So this year while you clamor for your achievements be sure to express gratitude to a fellow friend or companion and...

Sorry I can't keep a straight face.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sounds like they are getting alot of gifts...
Reply Quote
I wish we got to ride decorated bells in WOW. We never get to, but they get to EVERY HOLIDAY! time to cancel wow account and play this game.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
i remember being one of the first on the server to craft lvl 22 trade weapons and some good armor. so much time wasted.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I remember running next to a friend through their groundbreaking original SEAMLESS WORLDS and seeing him disappear for about 10 seconds as we switched servers/zones. I declared the game dead about 1 hour in.

The best part is how hard they attempted to enforce the NDA to keep this horrible game a surprise until it was too late for so many people.

Long Live Pooky.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]