Ask Creative Development - Round II

(Locked)

85 Troll Hunter
There are two San'layn who are unaccounted for in the present time. Prince Theraldis and Prince Atherann haven't been heard from since their participation in Arugal's resurrection. They also seem powerful and intelligent enough to lead a contingent of Scourge in the same vein as Ix'lar the Underlord after Bolvar took up the Lich King mantle.

Is it possible we'll hear from the two disappearing San'layn in the future, or is their story done with Arugal's resurrection?
100 Night Elf Druid
01/26/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Omacron

I have heard they put pieces of lore each expansion in the little manual that comes with the box, but it doesn't do much good to players that buy their copies online. Thank you for bringing this up. =)

If you buy the game digitally, the manual comes as a PDF file in your worldofwarcraft folder, I do believe.

Either way the lore isn't explained to any great length. They should do a novel on Vanilla WoW, Burning Crusade, and Wrath of the Lich King from the perspective of an onlooker or maybe create all new heroes for the books and tell the story that way. Please Chris Metzen! =)
85 Blood Elf Mage
Where's the legendary blade Felo'melorn?

85 Tauren Shaman
01/26/2011 9:58 AMPosted by Bellara
Will we ever see the return of Maiev Shadowsong to any degree after her self-imposed exile? She was an amazing and complex hero that really could use more use.

She wasn't complex! She was NEVER complex! She was just a cruel, narrowminded "Knight Templar"!

How are you complex when your entire story revolves around hunting this one guy?

Question: We see certain NPCs "ascend" into Drakonids or Dragonspawn, how does this process work?
100 Night Elf Druid
01/26/2011 10:32 AMPosted by Frandar

True the Maelstrom is a remnant of the Sundering, but the only access it should provide is to the Abyssal Maw. Blizz dropped the ball on that one because there are pics from the RP game book Lands of Conflict clearly depicting the Abyssal Maw directly at the bottom of the Maelstrom. Put a ticket in during beta to have them fix it before it was too late but I got ignored. Guess it didnt fly just like me telling them about all the islands that got moved drastically during the cataclysm. Thousands of miles from their original location on the Lands of Conflict map. Search up the Lorderon and Great Sea maps on the internet. clearly shows where everything was until blizz messed it up. Sorry blizz but you did.

Umm... no. I don't think so. In the RPG game book Lands of Mystery it depicts a large crack called "The Rift" in the center of the Maelstrom that does something with arcane energies and Azeroth's core. It did not connect to the Abyssal Maw.

My bad about the name of the book and the specifics. It looked like the same terrain as Vashjir so i assumed. Speaking about the Maelstrom though didn't a old god attack Nozdormu in a swirling black whirlpool in one of the War of the Ancients books? I also remember something on the old warcraft lore section about the old gods being chained beneath the earth and placed the well of eternity on top of that prison. Since whats left of the original well is the Maelstrom, wouldn't it stand to reason that Deepholme should have a few chained old gods in that zone or something?
100 Human Paladin
What can you tell us about angels in the Warcraft universe? They are depicted on ceilings in places like Wyrmrest Temple and Ulduar, but do they really exist?
100 Dwarf Warrior
What happened to Maiev after Illidan's death?
100 Human Paladin
What was the nature of the crystal used in the forging of the Ashbringer?
100 Human Paladin
What's the story behind Pained, the night elf who appears with Jaina Proudmoore in Theramore?
100 Human Paladin
Off the coast of Dragonblight, where the Path of the Titans reaches the Frozen Sea, lies the skeletal remains of a creature that dwarfs even Galakrond. What was it?
100 Human Paladin
After Arthas' death, we saw Bolvar Fordragon and Tirion Fordring speaking with familiarity ("brother", "old friend"). What sort of history did they have together?
90 Human Mage
Heres an idea....been tryingto suggest it for a while...didnt know how..

Winter veil....piles of snow dropped by who ever made/purchased it....

anyone can pick up and throw....instant snowball fight.......that would be cool and fun.

maybe couple hundred charges......red snow..yellow snow..blue snow..green snow...and you get points or a count as to which team hit how many...

cool huh
100 Human Paladin
Was Arthas the only one who could transform vrykul into val'kyr, or can other necromancers do it as well?
100 Human Paladin
Was Illidan able to permanently destroy Tichondrius, or will he regenerate as other nathrezim (like Mal'Ganis and Balnazzar) have done?

Umm... no. I don't think so. In the RPG game book Lands of Mystery it depicts a large crack called "The Rift" in the center of the Maelstrom that does something with arcane energies and Azeroth's core. It did not connect to the Abyssal Maw.

My bad about the name of the book and the specifics. It looked like the same terrain as Vashjir so i assumed. Speaking about the Maelstrom though didn't a old god attack Nozdormu in a swirling black whirlpool in one of the War of the Ancients books? I also remember something on the old warcraft lore section about the old gods being chained beneath the earth and placed the well of eternity on top of that prison. Since whats left of the original well is the Maelstrom, wouldn't it stand to reason that Deepholme should have a few chained old gods in that zone or something?

Vashj'ir does seem to be a bit like 'The Eye lite' with the Abyssal Breach standing in for The Rift and the Ruins of Vashj'ir standing in for Nazjatar.

I think tentacles did come out of the Legion's portal above the Well of Eternity when the Old Gods hijacked it, but I would have to check again.

I'm not sure if Deepholm is below Azeroth or if the the portal placement just makes it look like it is.
85 Goblin Warrior
I've got a two-parter, if that's alright?
One, what does the Wyrmrest Accord think of the Horde re-inducting the Dragonmaw, considering that the Dragonmaw seem to be staying the same course they set in the Second War, just now with a new flight?

Two, what does the Argent Crusade think of the Forsaken's mobilizing in Gilneas, Hillbsrad, and the Western Plagulends, using their Plague and raising new undead (and, after Godfrey's assassination attempt on Sylvanas, charming those they raise)?
85 Night Elf Priest
As of now we are limited to think of races as they do belong to their factions without any questions.
Thrall and Taretha showed that they can think of these two opposing races as possibles allies/friends/not enemies. Some more characters are able to think this way.
Will races be able to choose their preferred faction instead of born tied to one?
Possibly to try to change the way races thinks about other races?

We are constantly working side to side with opposing races with doing quests, and we do see night elves, trolls, taurens and draenei working together under the banner of the Earthen Ring

That may let us, in the future, pick the faction independently of the race we choose.
85 Tauren Shaman
01/26/2011 10:58 AMPosted by Egrem
After Arthas' death, we saw Bolvar Fordragon and Tirion Fordring speaking with familiarity ("brother", "old friend"). What sort of history did they have together?

Both paladins, that's it.
85 Tauren Shaman
What will the Dragonmaw do when they run out of black dragons?

85 Tauren Shaman
In the Cata Beta Agra was a green orc sailor, what prompted the change to Mag'har Shamaness?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]