Ask Creative Development - Round II

(Locked)

24 Draenei Warrior
Will trolls ever get shoes?
24 Draenei Warrior
Will people ever get a chance to learn anything threw archeology and characters race I.E. family trees?
Is the Shadow and the Oldgods related in any way?
100 Human Paladin
Ashkandi apparently belonged to Anduin Lothar, based on the initials on its hilt (A.L.) and the title "Greatsword of the Brotherhood" (referring to the Brotherhood of the Horse). How did it come into the possession of Nefarian? Has it been modified from its original appearance?
60 Night Elf Druid
Will we ever meet the author of:
Damp Diary Page (Day 4) Damp Diary Page (Day 87) Damp Diary Page (Day 512)? I have a collection of these that have been building up in my bank since Vanilla, and I figure maybe the cataclysm finally provided this guy a way off his island?

[Text quoted below]
Diary - Day 4

I have been stranded on the Island now for 4 days, left alone with my thoughts. Bananas are pretty tasty, but what a long climb to reach them. When I am not getting food or protecting myself from the periodic rain, all my thoughts are of rescue.

I would not be so hopeful if it were not for the boxes of paper and bottles that washed ashore with me. I laugh now to think of all the time I spent on that ship cursing that I was stuck with a boatload of Alchemists and Scribes.

These months have given me time to ponder, to shuffle loose my old beliefs and bigotries. Alliance? Horde? Good? Evil? The meanings of these words, once so clear, now blur as my eyes gaze across the boundless sea.

I now know what matters. The bananas are after me.

Perched high in their tree, they eye me with cool malevolence. And the last one I tried to eat nearly gagged me! I could almost hear it scream as I smashed it, half bitten, on sea rocks.

It's war, and I will win it.

Diary - Day 512

The bananas have started talking to me and I have learned a great deal about their culture. I have ceased my senseless destruction of their homes and consumption of the young. How little I knew then of the great civilization that I was destroying.

On another topic I seem to be running low on bottles and paper. When I first looked at those huge stacks of paper that washed ashore I thought they would be inexhaustible. Woe with me, my diary must end soon.

(for those who don't know, these can be found inside Message in a Bottle caught via fishing).
100 Human Paladin
What happened to Quel'Zaram, the greatsword associated with Lothar in Shadows & Light?
60 Night Elf Druid
01/26/2011 1:04 PMPosted by Egrem
Ashkandi apparently belonged to Anduin Lothar, based on the initials on its hilt (A.L.) and the title "Greatsword of the Brotherhood" (referring to the Brotherhood of the Horse). How did it come into the possession of Nefarian? Has it been modified from its original appearance?

Lothar died outside Blackrock Mountain, fighting the Blackrock clan, which now inhabit Blackrock Spire and Blackwing Lair. One of the orcs there likely took the sword as swag. I too would like to know if it's been modified from its original appearance.
85 Worgen Druid
01/26/2011 12:24 PMPosted by Bashiok
Wow! The number of questions is overwhelming, and has gone way beyond what we expected to receive. To help ensure there's at least a finite pool for people to vote on, and us to then choose from, we're going to lock the thread tomorrow.

Thanks everyone so far in your participation.

Thanks for the heads up.
80 Undead Rogue
Just what is the deal with the Whispering Blue Shard in Stranglethorn? It's 150,000 years old, not titanic in origin, and it ain't saronite... Just drops right off the face of Azeroth in Booty Bay.
85 Tauren Druid
In future xpacs we will be off to fight the burning legion, will we be traveling to new worlds and finding new races. Will we fighting in the twisting or will Velens prophecy come true and the battle rage on Azeroth?
100 Night Elf Hunter
Will Jarod and Shandris' romance ever be rekindled?
86 Orc Shaman
because, after the battle for undercity, it was believed that the undead could not be trusted with their own city, so kor'kron guards were stationed in UC and a horde emissary was sent to work with sylvanas. (he replaces varimithras as a questgiver)
100 Worgen Druid
Is Aku'mai, Gahrzilla, Chimaeron and Hetaera some sort of group of Hydra Deities/Demigod/God that the old gods like and kept as pets?
60 Night Elf Druid
If anybody's interested, the EU forums have a thread on this too. Unfortunately we can't "vote" for their questions, but it may be interesting to read them.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1622862675
100 Worgen Druid
What is Oacha'noa, Issilruk, Karkut and Tayutka, are they gods? Demigods? Deities? Loas? Ancient Guardians?

01/25/2011 3:32 PMPosted by Dorim
Where or from whom did the human druids of Gilneas learn druidism from? We are told that they are followers of the "old ways," but are never given any idea as to their origins or age.
01/25/2011 6:13 PMPosted by Omacron
What is the relationship between Gilneas and druidism? Did they invent the "old ways" on their own, or did they have any form of Night Elf input? Would a harvest witch like Celestine have a full suite of druidic powers or would she be limited in some capacity? Why don't other human nations have druids, or did they have them in the past? Do they have anything to do with the Conjurors of Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, who were arcane spellcasters who were said to "dwell in the dream"... whatever that dream may be?
I asked this on page 14. I would recommend that you up-vote my post.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1965567671?page=14#276
Edited by Culain on 1/26/2011 1:40 PM PST
100 Dwarf Warrior
01/26/2011 12:24 PMPosted by Bashiok
Wow! The number of questions is overwhelming, and has gone way beyond what we expected to receive. To help ensure there's at least a finite pool for people to vote on, and us to then choose from, we're going to lock the thread tomorrow.

Thanks everyone so far in your participation.
Any chance of deleting non-CDev/duplicate posts, then, to make this thread slightly less overwhelming?
85 Human Warlock
Is there any plan for a Dragonkin class in future expansions ?
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
How long/if at all would or will it take for Blood Elf’s eyes to change color in correlation to the Sunwell's new 'source'?
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
In the novel Beyond the Dark Portal, the ‘red pox’ is mentioned; where did it originate?
94 Draenei Death Knight
With the size and scale of Auchindoun, it seems that the draenei had some fairly elaborate and strong beliefs about the dead and the afterlife. Will there ever be at some point even a brief elaboration on how the major playable races perceive death and the nature of the soul? Specifically to draenei, were those crazed Auchenai priests once benign guardians of the dead?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]