Ask Creative Development - Round II

(Locked)

100 Tauren Druid
01/26/2011 9:19 PMPosted by Myrlen
Were the Ogres ever more intelligent than they are now, and if so, how did they become so stupid?

Ogres are inherently stupid. Gronn were, as far as anyone can tell, the original race. They're obviously not that smart. Then they evolved, or rather devolved, into the "Ogre-Lords" - the spikey looking, cycloptic ogres. They became Ogres, as we know, and ogres eventually turned into orcs.
Orcs and ogres bred to make Mok'nathal, who are surprisingly intelligent in comparison to both orcs and ogres. And the Shadow Council experimented with ogres, giving some two heads, in order for them to have the mental capacity for arcane and dark magics. Cho'gall was the first. And not all two-headed ogres are intelligent. Even among them, a smart one is very rare.

No they aren't and Cho'Gall predated those experiments, he was the first Ogre-Magi born in centuries. his powers influenced Gul'dan to preform experiments and create artificial two headed Ogres in order to utilise their magical and physical strength
Originally from Draenor, ogres were one of the last races of Draenor's giants. Some orc scholars believe the ogres were once intelligent and the dominant species of Draenor before the orcs rose to power.
from the Horde players Guide
52 Human Mage
Just a reminder to everyone, it is one question per post.
85 Gnome Warlock
Are there any drakonid, perhaps Chromatic drakonid, that are independent of a dragonflight; as a race of their own like humans, draenei and orcs, and not just the cannon fodder of the dragonflights?
90 Human Death Knight
01/26/2011 9:30 PMPosted by Citherdrin

Tryin to indicate somethin? I don't think it matters much if I put 1 or 100 in there. Sometimes you can get help from other gamers, not just Blizz. I've read some of the books, mainly the ones following Ner'zhul and Gul'dan, so I can answer questions myself. I just want some reasonable answers for what I have to ask.
72 Night Elf Druid
01/25/2011 11:37 AMPosted by Windshear
Are there any plans to allow players to enter the Emerald Dream, possibly in a future expansion, and help stop The Nightmare? There is a lot of wildlife there we haven't seen yet on Azeroth. Also, we don't have green drake mounts yet and this would make a great opportunity to introduce them.

This was mostly wrapped up in the novel Stormrage. Malfurian destroyed the cause of the nightmare. This is why we see Malfurian and Ysera at Mt. Hyjal today. I could see a cool Cavern's of Time raid that goes back and allows you to participate.

As far as I'm concerned, Knack is a horrid eriter. He isnt, and never will be, canon.
100 Dwarf Warrior
Two of the Ata'mal crystals, Spirit's Song and Heart of Fury, are recovered during the Burning Crusade and returned to A'dal. Are the whereabouts of the other five known?
100 Dwarf Warrior
What are the colors and functions of the Eye of the Storm, Fortune's Smile, and Shield of the Naaru Ata'mal Crystals?
85 Human Paladin
How do Faceless Ones reproduce?
01/26/2011 9:44 PMPosted by Sternbridge

When a mommy faceless one and a daddy faceless one love each other very much....
85 Human Paladin
01/26/2011 9:45 PMPosted by Caith

When a mommy faceless one and a daddy faceless one love each other very much....

Do Faceless Ones even have genders?
100 Human Rogue
What is the status of the nerubian race (the non-undead ones) after the Lich King's Death?
100 Human Rogue
Considering that the Alliance and Horde saved the nerubian race from extinction by killing the Lich King, is the kingdom of Azjol-Nerub considering opening diplomatic relations with the two factions sometime in the future?
10 Dwarf Paladin
01/26/2011 9:36 PMPosted by Aakesh

Tryin to indicate somethin? I don't think it matters much if I put 1 or 100 in there. Sometimes you can get help from other gamers, not just Blizz. I've read some of the books, mainly the ones following Ner'zhul and Gul'dan, so I can answer questions myself. I just want some reasonable answers for what I have to ask.

Well, Bashiok does ask in the opening post that they would like one question per post. Though granted a good number have ignored that request (knowingly or not). Its not a bad thing to try and do, as it would help Blizzard find questions easier (a bit anyway).
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Then they evolved, or rather devolved, into the "Ogre-Lords" - the spikey looking, cycloptic ogres. They became Ogres, as we know, and ogres eventually turned into orcs.

You made up the second part. No where is it said the Ogres evolved into Orcs. Also, Gronn did not "devolve" into Ogre Lords, they evolved into Ogre Lords, due to the increase of digits on their hands, and later evolved into Ogres, gaining two eyes with ten digits on the hands and ten on the feet, which implies an evolution, not a devolution.

The Black Blood of Draenor would seem to just be some gelatinous by-product of a dying world. Planets in the WarCraft universe have lives, in a sense, but no actual sentience; as was explained in the War of the Ancients trilogy.

Oozes have a connection to the Old Gods. The same black oozes appear in Grizzly Hills called "Blood of the Old God". Also, the presence of mentally insane miners in the mines along with the "Black Blood of Draenor" is more proof that there might have been an Old God on Draenor at one time.
100 Worgen Druid
Will worgen and trolls have any iconic archdruid representatives in the Cenarion Circle?
100 Draenei Paladin
How do we go from the Shattering novel, where human-tauren relations take huge steps, to the live game where Theramore is the staging ground for a massive invasion seemingly aimed straight at Thunder Bluff?
I have a question for you

How many Ovaltines did you drink before part 2 came out?
100 Orc Warrior
Will Titanic races such as the Earthen and Tol'vir have a more active role to play in the upcoming story? It seems like with all the recent events, and all their mingling with the other races, that they might come out of their shell a little or actively seek out other Titan ruins to try and reconnect with their past. Or perhaps even teaming up with Brann in his journeys.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Are Fleshbeasts infant Old Gods or related to them in some way?
Edited by Solandria on 1/26/2011 10:34 PM PST
100 Orc Warrior
Will we see a redemption of the centaur in some form? The Desolace quests seem to hint at a big change in their ideology and that the growth in the center of the zone is a result of their father Zaetar.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]