Ask Creative Development - Round II

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 8:08 AMPosted by Springrunner
What's the motivation of Sargeras? It was originally that he believed that chaos is perfection, then it was changed to that he wants to remake the world, but further additions of lore have been making it more and more confusing.

I dont know where you got that lore from, but according to the original WoW website lore was that Sargeras started out as a champion of the Titans charged with setting out into the universe ahead of the Titans to ultimately destroy all evil on each world as to prepare them for when the rest of the Titans would arrive to shape and seed the worlds with life. After eons of fighting evil beings he was slowly corrupted and eventually left the Titans. More years have passed after that and eventually he came to believe the Titans plans to shape the universe were folly. He charged himself with his own mission to undo the Titans work and freed all the demons he banished into the Twisting Nether. He even recruited other races such as the Nathrezim (Dreadlords). As the army grew before him he came to call it The Burning Legion which sole purpose was to scour all life from the universe.
100 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 8:22 AMPosted by Kiowa
Why is it that any piece of armor called a Kilt looks like a dress, or for that matter the epic chest pieces that when worn give the dress effect. Should not a piece of chest armor stop at the waist?

As for the chest piece, that is a very good question. As for the Kilts, that is just pulled from real life scottish kilt design as far as they look like skirts.
Maybe I missed this somewhere in game, but hasn't Krasus/Korialstrasz been conspicuously absent during the events of Cataclysm? He is supposed to be one of Deathwing's greatest foes but (to my knowledge) has yet to appear. Why?
What happened to Kul'tiras?
100 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 8:06 AMPosted by Fälarson
Is there any lore behind Malfurion Stormrage new look? New arm feathers, missing travel cloack and missing staff.

To be honest with you, I love the lore about Malfurion Stormrage and in every book I have come across it doesnt explain the feathers, the paws for feet, or missing staff. I don't think they need lore on his missing travel cloak, because he could have easily taken it off. As for his new look, I was so disgusted at how ugly and dumb he looked I dont even consider that to be his real look. I like the younger look like on the book cover of Well of Eternity. Dial back alittle on the beard covering every inch of his face and maybe explain why the dude is looking like an animal with mismatched parts. Malfurion Stormrage is the new Chupracabra. lol =)
Edited by Realmweaver on 1/27/2011 8:50 AM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 8:44 AMPosted by Shablagoo
Maybe I missed this somewhere in game, but hasn't Krasus/Korialstrasz been conspicuously absent during the events of Cataclysm? He is supposed to be one of Deathwing's greatest foes but (to my knowledge) has yet to appear. Why?

He appeared in Wrath, but as far as cataclysm is concerned they are probably saving him for the final fight in the raid with Deathwing in it.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
01/26/2011 10:29 PMPosted by Odok
Are the gronn a Titan creation and the ogres a victim of the Curse of Flesh? Was Draenor an ordered planet?

On the line with this. Was Argus a titan-ordered planet?
85 Undead Death Knight
Alright. I've been wondering this for a long while now:
Will Blizzard ever release information on the anatomy of the Races of Azeroth?
What I mean by this is this. There are many questions floating around as to anatomy of the progressively less human-looking races.For example, are Troll tusks attached much like a boar's tusks are, or are they giant teeth that protrude from the mouth? How many stomachs do Tauren have? Stuff like this. As a role player, I find this kind of thing interesting, and would like to know if Blizzard will eventually get around to actually making these races come alive.
EDIT: Fixed an error.
Edited by Bogoris on 1/27/2011 9:07 AM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 3:34 AMPosted by Omgdruid
Did the Kirin Tor reproduce the Book of Medivh whilst they had it in their posession? If not, then why not?

They probably did. From what I have heard in recent lore is that the Kirin Tor have created a new guardian. Cant remember his name, but the line of the Guardian is not over and Medivh is not the last anymore. Probably setting up for a revist to Outland in the next expansion since the Guardian was originally created to fight a secret war against demons.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
01/27/2011 8:36 AMPosted by Realmweaver
I dont know where you got that lore from, but according to the original WoW website lore was that Sargeras started out as a champion of the Titans charged with setting out into the universe ahead of the Titans to ultimately destroy all evil on each world as to prepare them for when the rest of the Titans would arrive to shape and seed the worlds with life. After eons of fighting evil beings he was slowly corrupted and eventually left the Titans. More years have passed after that and eventually he came to believe the Titans plans to shape the universe were folly. He charged himself with his own mission to undo the Titans work and freed all the demons he banished into the Twisting Nether. He even recruited other races such as the Nathrezim (Dreadlords). As the army grew before him he came to call it The Burning Legion which sole purpose was to scour all life from the universe.

In BC that was changed to that he wants to remake the universe from scratch because it had a primordial flaw, rather than becaue he wanted to leave it in chaos. It was said all arround, and the demons were promised to be given power over the new, flawless world. They said it over and over dring BC, hell, who doesen't remember lor Kazzak's "THE UNIVERSE WILL BE REMADE!" But afterwards they seem to have returned to the old concept, the satyr in Hyjal seems to be motivated by the pre-BC motivation of the legion.
90 Human Rogue
Why were the Skardyn removed from Grim Batol and replaced with Troggs? I was really looking forward to keeping the idea of Skardyn and their relationship to Grim Batol after the War of the Three Hammers as well as the book Night of the Dragon.
100 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 8:53 AMPosted by Springrunner
Are the gronn a Titan creation and the ogres a victim of the Curse of Flesh? Was Draenor an ordered planet?

On the line with this. Was Argus a titan-ordered planet?

More than likely that these planets were visited and molded by the Titans. I don't know if Argus exists anymore since the Burning Legion was there, but what is left of Draenor doesn't suggest titans have been there since there is no left over buildings or relics from what i can tell. Then again the buildings and clues about the titans involvement in that planet could have been blown apart with the rest of the planet.
90 Worgen Druid
How is WSG unaffected by cataclysm when the surrounding area is utterly destroyed.
100 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 9:03 AMPosted by Windshear
Why were the Skardyn removed from Grim Batol and replaced with Troggs? I was really looking forward to keeping the idea of Skardyn and their relationship to Grim Batol after the War of the Three Hammers as well as the book Night of the Dragon.

This is a very good question. Blizz should have made the Skardyn there but probably put troggs there as place holders until they could get around to making the actual Skardyn model......./sigh
100 Blood Elf Rogue
01/27/2011 9:03 AMPosted by Realmweaver
More than likely that these planets were visited and molded by the Titans. I don't know if Argus exists anymore since the Burning Legion was there, but what is left of Draenor doesn't suggest titans have been there since there is no left over buildings or relics from what i can tell. Then again the buildings and clues about the titans involvement in that planet could have been blown apart with the rest of the planet.

Most of what is void today in Outland, were seas during the second war. However, the west end of the continent was never explored to my uderstanding, it is possible there was more there.

This leads me to annother question, if Draenor was never visited by the titans, how come it was in order and how come the legion attacked it to beguin with?
100 Blood Elf Rogue

01/26/2011 10:56 PMPosted by Modaeus
Also, will you ever add a similar effect for the Cathedral of Light in Stormwind? To clarify; will you ever make it known in the World of Warcraft that Death Knights and Warlocks are not welcome in the Cathedral by burning them with holy fire? Will you then move the First Aid trainer?

This reminds me, the church of light, it's an alliance organization. We know about blood elf paladins, but what do holy blood elf priests follow? They used to follow the light with the church of light, but since they've been cut off, who are they with? Did they make their own church oflight?
Edited by Springrunner on 1/27/2011 9:16 AM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 8:59 AMPosted by Springrunner

In BC that was changed to that he wants to remake the universe from scratch because it had a primordial flaw, rather than becaue he wanted to leave it in chaos. It was said all arround, and the demons were promised to be given power over the new, flawless world. They said it over and over dring BC, hell, who doesen't remember lor Kazzak's "THE UNIVERSE WILL BE REMADE!" But afterwards they seem to have returned to the old concept, the satyr in Hyjal seems to be motivated by the pre-BC motivation of the legion.

Yeah remake the universe as a bunch of lifeless floating rocks floating in space, and yes the universe did have a primordial flaw in sargeras' opinion...the titans touched it. As far as the promises Sargeras made to his demons, he could have easily lied to get them to do his bidding. He is Evil after all. Honestly I dont think they ever really left the old concept of Sargeras original story. I will admit when I'm wrong on lore when blizzard tells me or when I am uncertain about a piece of lore and someone comes along to refresh my memory. For arguement sake lets just let Blizzard answer this one if they get around to it or when their lore section of the new website becomes available.
100 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 9:13 AMPosted by Springrunner

Most of what is void today in Outland, were seas during the second war. However, the west end of the continent was never explored to my uderstanding, it is possible there was more there.

This leads me to annother question, if Draenor was never visited by the titans, how come it was in order and how come the legion attacked it to beguin with?

Actually if you read the book Rise of the Horde, it explained in there that there were great valleys and plains more than what is shown in Outland today. yes there were seas as well but there was also more land explained in vague detail. As far as your question, I was thinking the same thing with my previous post but forgot to ask. Good question about how Draenor was ordered.
Will we ever see Plunder Isle and perhaps an expansion of the Bloodsail storyline? Right now, Duke Falrevere isn't even mentioned in game.
100 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 8:48 AMPosted by Shablagoo
What happened to Kul'tiras?

The entire island and the Alliance Fleet have been nerfed. What remains of it is in Stormwind now. lol =)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]