Ask Creative Development - Round II

(Locked)

72 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 2:40 AMPosted by Culain
What is the origin of the crystal the Ashbringer was formed from? Many speculate it could be the shard of a dead naaru, that turned back to the light once it was purified by Alexandros and friends. Is it the shard of a naaru? Also, could it be one of the shards of the Ata'mal crystal?

If I remember Rise of the Horde right, the Atamal shards and the Naaru fragment are the same... That is, the Atamal shards are made of Naaru.
100 Dwarf Paladin
01/27/2011 7:10 PMPosted by Renthor
Calia Menethil..... Where is she???

Implied as being dead in the Arthas novel, or at least Arthas thought she was dead.

Honestly even if she is alive she's probably prefers to live out her life in obscurity. Her brother did happen to be a madman who attempted genocide on the entire planet...

01/27/2011 8:03 PMPosted by Velaysia

If I remember Rise of the Horde right, the Atamal shards and the Naaru fragment are the same... That is, the Atamal shards are made of Naaru.

I don't remember this from Rise of the Horde. In fact I don't think they ever really mentioned any Naaru remains. If I can remember correctly, all it really stated was that the Atamal Crystal was of Naaru origin, not that it was made of a dead Naaru.
Edited by Falrinn on 1/27/2011 8:34 PM PST
100 Dwarf Paladin
Repeat post
Edited by Falrinn on 1/27/2011 8:34 PM PST
85 Tauren Shaman
01/27/2011 8:03 PMPosted by Velaysia
What is the origin of the crystal the Ashbringer was formed from? Many speculate it could be the shard of a dead naaru, that turned back to the light once it was purified by Alexandros and friends. Is it the shard of a naaru? Also, could it be one of the shards of the Ata'mal crystal?

The original crystal shattered into seven pieces to erect a barrier, it was never made of a naaru.
90 Human Paladin
At first i panicked. This thread had escaped my notice! No one had asked my question!

I was relieved to see that someone did ask my question
64 Worgen Rogue
Why are the Dragonmaw clan called the Dragonmaw clan? As they were in existence before the opening of the Dark Portal so there wouldn't have been any dragons in Outland.
71 Orc Death Knight
I've just stopped down rating so many dumb questions. People, read the OP. One question per person. Don't ask vague stuff, or things that don't matter, such as "What do the Gilneans think about the Forsaken?" "What the forsaken think of the Horde?" Remember folks. Your vote counts, and if you don't have anything good to ask, don't throw dumb questions to clog this thread up.
100 Worgen Druid
Bashiok & the CDev Team: Will you take into consideration the popularity of posts past the first 20 pages that do not have a "highly rated" ranking? The rating method highly favors questions in the first 20 pages, and many good questions in pages 21-80 will likely be ignored because they did not reach a "highly rated" ranking. I think many people who submitted questions late would appreciate it if this design shortcoming of this thread was taken into consideration when the CDev team is deciding which questions are answered.

Thank You.
85 Tauren Shaman
01/27/2011 10:56 PMPosted by Erkan
I've just stopped down rating so many dumb questions. People, read the OP. One question per person. Don't ask vague stuff, or things that don't matter, such as "What do the Gilneans think about the Forsaken?" "What the forsaken think of the Horde?" Remember folks. Your vote counts, and if you don't have anything good to ask, don't throw dumb questions to clog this thread up.

Those are poor examples since there's no limit on subject, you should downrate things like "Why don't heirlooms scale to 80" but asking how the Gilneans view forsaken or how the Forsaken view the Horde are perfectly valid.

80 Night Elf Priest

There are many creatures such as birds that have existed both on Draenor and Azeroth for a very long time. Far before the two planets were ever connected/ knew of the others existence. This would presume that birds have evolved on both planets seperatly or that perhaps the Pantheon placed birds on both planets.

If this is true, than would that not imply that other species from Azeroth and Draenor such as Humans, Orcs, Trolls, ect... could exist on other planets we've never heard of before?

If that's true, what are they up to?
100 Pandaren Hunter
01/25/2011 4:30 PMPosted by Sleutel
When I see pictures of the dev team, they're exclusively male and almost all white. To me, and to others, this is heavily reflected in the game design (e.g. Plate chests that mysteriously turn into bikinis on female characters, caricature races like Trolls and Tauren). Are there any plans to seek to create a more diverse creative team?

While I'm not overly concerned with the cultural diversity of the dev team, I agree 100% with the idea that there is a severe slant in game design currently. Female characters are underrepresented in lore, armor looks drastically different between genders, etc.

Do I think that a more diverse team would reflect in more diversity in the world of Warcraft? Maybe, maybe not. I really don't care how it is accomplished really, but I definitely think that the current views on females in this game needs to be reevaluated and addressed as soon as possible.
32 Night Elf Druid
When I see pictures of the dev team, they're exclusively male and almost all white. To me, and to others, this is heavily reflected in the game design (e.g. Plate chests that mysteriously turn into bikinis on female characters, caricature races like Trolls and Tauren). Are there any plans to seek to create a more diverse creative team?

YES. I love this question.
Edited by Mithlara on 1/28/2011 1:10 AM PST
90 Human Warrior

I do not see your problem. They are not discriminatory, they just hire who is qualified (considering white males would have the largest population they would probably have more of them). Hiring someone just because they are of another race or gender is in itself, racist and and a big insult to the person themselves. If they need more people they will hire more people.

As for the plate chest bikinis i dont think there have been any since burning crusade.
Edited by Nive on 1/28/2011 1:41 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Rogue

Behold the idiocy of the Progressive mindset! "If you have only white people in a certain group, and don't make special attempts to hire minorities, you are an evil RACIST!"
100 Worgen Warrior
While I'm not overly concerned with the cultural diversity of the dev team, I agree 100% with the idea that there is a severe slant in game design currently. Female characters are underrepresented in lore, armor looks drastically different between genders, etc.

Sylvanas Windrunner
Moira Thaurissan
Tyrande Whisperwind
Ysera and other dragon aspects
Azshara
90% of the night elven warrior population...every night elven city has a female ruler
Shandris Feathermoon
Jaina Proudmoore
Lady Vashj
Thrall's grandmother (...?)
Maiev Shadowsong
Therazane

and all the other, forgotten, un-named, civilians
85 Blood Elf Mage
After the Atiesh, GreatStaff of the Guardian was removed the casters of the game dont have any legendary item to dream... to fight for...

Question: Any content in progress to caster players that want one AWESOME staff/dagger/sword ?

* Tip: The legendary itens should have a stats progression by level like Dignified Headmaster's Charge
100 Blood Elf Rogue
01/28/2011 5:45 AMPosted by Ethenil

Sylvanas Windrunner
Moira Thaurissan
Tyrande Whisperwind
Ysera and other dragon aspects
Azshara
90% of the night elven warrior population...every night elven city has a female ruler
Shandris Feathermoon
Jaina Proudmoore
Lady Vashj
Thrall's grandmother (...?)
Maiev Shadowsong
Therazane

and all the other, forgotten, un-named, civilians

If you did a list of male characters like that you'd have hundreds of names before you even realized it.
64 Worgen Hunter
I apologize that this question is fairly multi-pronged, but it's more-or-less one shared subject.

What is the current political/control situation like in Gilneas proper, ie the country? At the end of the Forsaken quest chain in the area the peninsula seems to remain outside of Forsaken/Horde control, but who then controls Gilneas? Is Darius Crowley and the GLF working under the domain of the Alliance, or are they an independent group? Would King Greymane still be able to command Crowley and the Worgen inhabitants of the kingdom? Is the kingdom deserted, or are citizens attempting to inhabit it?

Edit: Blast! Too late by a day. Well, I can't read through 80 pages of questions, so I guess I'll just hope something similar is brought up, or that someone higher up sees this post and thinks its a good enough question to merit an answer.
Edited by Fulbreth on 1/28/2011 10:15 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]