player is in different phase?

(Locked)

81 Blood Elf Paladin
Tao
i dumped every single quests i have and so does my friend in a party
but he's still indifferent phase
how to fix this?
100 Blood Elf Warlock
If your friend is in a different phase then either you or they have completed a quest that the other hasn't.
81 Blood Elf Paladin
Tao
but it's not a phasing quest
100 Blood Elf Warlock
01/25/2011 10:50 PMPosted by Galari

There are some times when doing certain quests will make the area phase. If your friend completed any quest like that then they will phase or change the area. For instance there are some of the Harrison Jones quests in Uldum that when completed will phase part of the area. So while the quest itself isn't phased, doing the quest will cause the player to move on to a different phase of the zone.
Support Forum Agent
01/25/2011 10:50 PMPosted by Galari

Quests don't necessarily phase you just while you are on a quest. The quests that you do in certain areas take you through the changing landscape of the area. If your friend has progressed to a place you have not, or vice versa you may not be able to see one another.

Are you able to see one another in other areas? If you can give me the name of both of the characters involved I may be able to take a look.

81 Blood Elf Paladin
Tao
yes this happened in uldum south area
and yes i can see him when i move just up north
he did complete all quests in this zone and i have not
Support Forum Agent
01/25/2011 11:09 PMPosted by Galari
he did complete all quests in this zone and i have not

Ah, that would be it. If you complete the Coffer of Promise line you will likely rejoin your friend in the appropriate phase for that area.

81 Blood Elf Paladin
Tao
does this happen only in uldum?
cause i don't think it's phase related quests
85 Goblin Shaman
01/25/2011 11:17 PMPosted by Galari

It is related to quests, and could potentially happen other places in the game, if you or your friends are on different parts of a questline, or have completed questlines the others have not. For instance, you can fly into Twilight Highlands whenever you wish - but if you are Horde, unless you do the introductory quests, you will be seeing a vastly different Dragonmaw Port than people who have done those quests.
85 Human Paladin
01/25/2011 11:17 PMPosted by Galari

No, it doesn't. A short while after Wrath came out a friend was showing me a supposedly good place to farm frostweave cloth in Icecrown. He took me to a place and told me that the skeletons in that area dropped cloth and had a fast respawn rate. Unfortunately I couldn't see any skeletons and I couldn't see him either (I was following him close behind when we phased).

I also believe the same thing happens in the DK starting zone because there were lots of questions about not being able to see friends in that zone when they could still talk with them.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
01/25/2011 11:24 PMPosted by Admino

No, it doesn't. A short while after Wrath came out a friend was showing me a supposedly good place to farm frostweave cloth in Icecrown. He took me to a place and told me that the skeletons in that area dropped cloth and had a fast respawn rate. Unfortunately I couldn't see any skeletons and I couldn't see him either (I was following him close behind when we phased).

I also believe the same thing happens in the DK starting zone because there were lots of questions about not being able to see friends in that zone when they could still talk with them.

Yep, the phasing mechanic was introduced in Wrath, and the DK starting zone is a great example of it.
54 Goblin Shaman
A few examples of phasing would include:

Uldum
Twilight Highlands
Kezen
Town-in-a-Box
Icecrown
Hyjal

That's all I can think of right now, and all the phasing is related to what quest you are currently on, or what quests you have or haven't completed.
5 Blood Elf Rogue
ya if someones in a different phase then do this it will help
- Customer Support
10 Blood Elf Priest
Erm, Der? This thread is from last January. I don't think the OP is around anymore =/

best to double check dates before replying to a thread =)
Actually Mourningglory, it seems like the problem still exists. I was using my level 28 Human Monk to help out my brother's character, who is a level 12 Human Warrior. I was able to see him when he was doing the quests in and around Saldean's Farm in Westfall, but as soon as he got the quest to go to Sentinel Hill, when we got there, his character vanished into thin air. I can't see him, nor can I talk to him in-game :( What should either of us do to get back to seeing each other?
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Rogue
Hi, this thread is over a year old, you should create a new thread.
But if your not in the same phase, and you are on the same server, you should wait for the other player to complete their quest series so that both of you are in the same phase. That is all you can do in most phased areas where the quest chain controls the phasing.
Edited by Kozzae on 12/29/2012 9:31 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Mage
Xanadude, please don't necro old threads and start your own. Thanks!! :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]